Barnsley 2 - 2 Newcastle United - 12/12/09 - post match reaction from page 22

Nate

Guthrie was,injured apparently, that has been mentioned a few times but doesn't stop some moaning about butt being picked ahead of him today!

It still doesn't change the fact Guthrie can't buy a game in the middle despite being our best player in that position.

The second half performance was fucking dreadful (yes, I was there) - anyone saying otherwise are the deluded ones. We twice threw the lead away by sitting back and relying on shit/old plodders like Nolan, Smith and Butt. Not a good point by any stretch of the imagination.

Hughton left it far too long before making changes, it was obvious as fuck that they would score before they did.

Carroll was our best player.

Just got in, brilliant atmosphere our fans were fantastic. As for the game, we settled down and the early goal helped us. Second Half they came out of the blocks fast and deserved a goal , our goal came out of nowhere as we were poor second half, just as it looked like we were play the game out we somehow manage to let them score from a nothing throw in. So I'm disappointed but I guess I'll take a point. Jonas was fucking shocking like.

The second half performance was fucking dreadful (yes, I was there) - anyone saying otherwise are the deluded ones. We twice threw the lead away by sitting back and relying on shit/old plodders like Nolan, Smith and Butt. Not a good point by any stretch of the imagination.

Hughton left it far too long before making changes, it was obvious as fuck that they would score before they did.

Just got in, brilliant atmosphere our fans were fantastic. As for the game, we settled down and the early goal helped us. Second Half they came out of the blocks fast and deserved a goal , our goal came out of nowhere as we were poor second half, just as it looked like we were play the game out we somehow manage to let them score from a nothing throw in. So I'm disappointed but I guess I'll take a point. Jonas was fucking shocking like.

Just got back, wingers were hopeless, Carroll was great and their fans were awful

Were you all in the same car?

The second half performance was f***ing dreadful (yes, I was there) - anyone saying otherwise are the deluded ones. We twice threw the lead away by sitting back and relying on s***/old plodders like Nolan, Smith and Butt. Not a good point by any stretch of the imagination.

Hughton left it far too long before making changes, it was obvious as f*** that they would score before they did.

Just got in, brilliant atmosphere our fans were fantastic. As for the game, we settled down and the early goal helped us. Second Half they came out of the blocks fast and deserved a goal , our goal came out of nowhere as we were poor second half, just as it looked like we were play the game out we somehow manage to let them score from a nothing throw in. So I'm disappointed but I guess I'll take a point. Jonas was f***ing shocking like.

Just got back, wingers were hopeless, Carroll was great and their fans were awful

:aww:

http://www.abracadabra.com/images/clowns/clown%20car.JPG

Oh and having read this thread there are more people moaning about moaning than there are people moaning. Far more.

Having read the thread then, did you think one or two people were a bit too presumptious about the result, best defence in the country, being 10 points clear etc...

Maybe, but when you have a record like ours and take an early lead in a game then it's only natural that many think the form is going to continue. The first half we completed at a canter but the second half performance was absolutely dismal so presumably the players thought the same.

The second half performance was f***ing dreadful (yes, I was there) - anyone saying otherwise are the deluded ones. We twice threw the lead away by sitting back and relying on s***/old plodders like Nolan, Smith and Butt. Not a good point by any stretch of the imagination.

Hughton left it far too long before making changes, it was obvious as f*** that they would score before they did.

Just got in, brilliant atmosphere our fans were fantastic. As for the game, we settled down and the early goal helped us. Second Half they came out of the blocks fast and deserved a goal , our goal came out of nowhere as we were poor second half, just as it looked like we were play the game out we somehow manage to let them score from a nothing throw in. So I'm disappointed but I guess I'll take a point. Jonas was f***ing shocking like.

I went on the train, so no :lol:

Oh and having read this thread there are more people moaning about moaning than there are people moaning. Far more.

Having read the thread then, did you think one or two people were a bit too presumptious about the result, best defence in the country, being 10 points clear etc...

Maybe, but when you have a record like ours and take an early lead in a game then it's only natural that many think the form is going to continue. The first half we completed at a canter; the second half performance was absolutely dismal.

Cheers.

What really made it obvious to me (as you'll see) is the prematch thread for the Boro game was started about about 3.30 this afternoon. :lol:

EDIT: and the second half performance mirrored most of our second half performances for the last 2 months.

What on earth was Khizanishvili doing on the pitch?

You get the felling CH was giving people run out: Taylor has not played for a few games,  givea Khizza a bit of game time before he goes back to Blackburn on Monday & lets AC have a start instead of 3 strikers who have scored in the last 2 games.

Just got back, decent day out, thought pancake had scored the 2nd til reading some posts on here. dissapointing to concede from a set piece late on, 8 games ago i would have taken 22 from 24 points :thup:

Carroll won everything in the air but there was no one to pick up the pieces, though subs were strange, was enrique injured? Why did shola not start/come on?

Guest Heneage

I've been back a while now, just finished our curry.

Nice mate? Cheers for the lift.  :thup:

Must admit I was underwhelmed. They are a team that like to pass it, and we were the ones just lumping it up to Carroll and praying Nolan would somehow burst through. I'd heard Guthrie's injury was questionable, but either way we still need more CM options than Butt Smith Nolan and Guthrie, we should seriously look at trying to nab Gibson on loan. I was saying to Dave I'd love to see us sign a young exciting player even on loan.

We lost all shape when Harewood came on and our bench was way too striker heavy.

Harper 7- Nothing he could of done with the goals really.

Taylor 6- Halfredsson got nothing off him first half, but second half he gave him a right run around.

Coloccini 7- Like Taylor he was calm enough and looks comfortable shame not many are like him

Taylor 7 - See above

Enrique 9 - Best player for me, runs his heart out and is way too good for this league.

Pancrate 6- Didn't get the ball and when he did he wasn't having much success

Butt 5- Just not up to it, he needs atheltic players around him which Smith and Nolan just aren't

Smith - 6 Quiet today, if were playing Butt he needs to attack more, we should be looking to play him in the role Butts at and sign an attacking midfielder in the mould of Taarabt at QPR

Nolan -7 scored, but then what? They pushed up which pretty much buggered his game as the space was too much ground for him to cover and is why he should have played Lovenkrands

Jonas 5- Not at the races today.

Carroll 8- Throws himself about and got absolutely nothing from a truly shocking ref who was all for the home team

Subs

Harewood- 7 see Nolan really, he scored, but what else did he even do, he can't hold up the ball much for a big fella.

Zurab 6- He did not look comfy at LB which just highlights how we lack depth.

Ranger 6- Aye he did well enough, not great, not horrendous better hold up than Harewood that's for sure.

Overall our lack of depth is highlighted by today, the fact we have 7 midfielders to fill 4 positions but 5 strikers to fill at most 2 positons just shows how unbalanced the squad is, I don't get why Simpson was dropped considering we didn't really benefit from Taylors delivery who's freekick at the end was woeful. We need to be able to shut games up like that, we were 5 minutes from another win, they were no attacking powerhouse.

Some of the selections were a bit dodgy like. I can only presume he wants to mix it up and keep people fresh for the busy couple of weeks we've got coming up.

Don't agree with him for dropping people despite them playing well but there might have been a bit of method to his madness.

To be honest, it's getting close to Christmas fixture pile-up time. Maybe he's getting the last few minutes he can out of the loanees as he knows he has to keep Kadar, Lovenkrands, Ameobi fresh for this little run.