Michael Owen (now retired)

Keefaz

One a scale of 1-5, how excited are you for Michael Owen on TV every week?  

648 members have voted

1. 1. One a scale of 1-5, how excited are you for Michael Owen on TV every week?

• I envy the deaf.

I really hope he does sign for Derby, just to see him struggle in the Championship and see his career in the dumps (although that happened ages ago tbf).

Begging to be an unpaid honorary 'coach' at Man U would probably entice him more than the sickening thought of being in the Championship, just so he can still say he's with Man U.

If QPR aren't punished I could definitely see him going there with a decent wage and being a big fish, albeit a dead one.

http://images.mirror.co.uk/upl/m4/sep2010/1/8/p-image-6-606147090.jpg

Theres no way he will go down to the Championship. He's probably gonna end a Premiership medal and possibly a Champions League medal so his ego will take a nice little boost there just with them despite contributing next to fuck all. I could definitely see him going to a promoted club where he would be the main man if they offered him massive money, but he'd sooner retire with 2 of the best medals you can win rather than drop down to the level he maybe should be playing at now. Its clear he doesn't care about playing football anymore since his international career is over. Its all about the money and being at Manure for him now.

I wonder if he's still on good terms with Shearer after he dropped him. Its a petty thing to fall out with someone over, but I can only imagine the horror he felt after he got dropped from out relegation threatened team of no hopers at Anfield a couple of years ago. They seemed quite close before that, but since then ive never heard either of them mention each other or seem anything in papers or whatever of them out in public or at any charity functions. Unless im missing something it seems Michael didn't like that at all.

It won't take him long to get 20 PL goals, like. Owen never managed it.

Every other aspect of his game is streets ahead.

Come on Ronaldo you're better than that. With Liverpool he averaged a minimum of 1 goal in 2 in every single season bar one.

Guest neesy111

Come on Ronaldo you're better than that. With Liverpool he averaged a minimum of 1 goal in 2 in every single season bar one.

League goals should always be the benchmark.  Owen's had 10+ seasons in the premiership and he never reached 20 goals is astounding and shows he was not a great striker IMO.

Guest je85

League goals should always be the benchmark.  Owen's had 10+ seasons in the premiership and he never reached 20 goals is astounding and shows he was not a great striker IMO.

Mental, he was shit hot at Liverpool.

I know those Hernandez quotes were posted a while back but I never took a proper read of them. 'Quite similar to what I do now, apart from he is a bit sharper.' :lol: Fuck off. What a prick.

The size of his head. :lol:

Just look at his record man. :lol:

Ridiculous statement.

97-98 18 in 36

98-99 18 in 30

99-00 11 in 27

00-01 16 in 28

01-02 19 in 29

02-03 19 in 35

03-04 16 in 29

Guest Chubby Jason

Owen was a great player in his day, it would be stupid/ridiculously bitter to deny that.

Just look at his record man. :lol:

Ridiculous statement.

97-98 18 in 36

98-99 18 in 30

99-00 11 in 27

00-01 16 in 28

01-02 19 in 29

02-03 19 in 35

03-04 16 in 29

He was a very good goalscorer at this peak, no doubt about it. But he was never a Drogba, Henry or Shearer. He wasn't a great player.

Once he lost his pace due to his injuries he simply wasn't a good enough footballer to compensate. He was all pace and finishing and his pace created the space for him to finish his chances.

Neither use nor fucking ornament now. :)

Theres no way he will go down to the Championship. He's probably gonna end a Premiership medal and possibly a Champions League medal so his ego will take a nice little boost there just with them despite contributing next to fuck all. I could definitely see him going to a promoted club where he would be the main man if they offered him massive money, but he'd sooner retire with 2 of the best medals you can win rather than drop down to the level he maybe should be playing at now. Its clear he doesn't care about playing football anymore since his international career is over. Its all about the money and being at Manure for him now.

I wonder if he's still on good terms with Shearer after he dropped him. Its a petty thing to fall out with someone over, but I can only imagine the horror he felt after he got dropped from out relegation threatened team of no hopers at Anfield a couple of years ago. They seemed quite close before that, but since then ive never heard either of them mention each other or seem anything in papers or whatever of them out in public or at any charity functions. Unless im missing something it seems Michael didn't like that at all.

hopefully shearer saw him for what he really was and cant be arsed with him anymore. shearer was a very dedicated footballer and i cant imagine him having much time for people with an attitude like this little cunt in his days with us

To be fair, the calendar year 2008 he was pretty good for us...15 league goals in 33 games from Jan to December in a piss poor team wasn't bad at all.

DJ Campbell's got 11 in 28 this season. The fact he gave up and went through the motions while we struggled says more about him imo. Some captain.

Mental, he was shit hot at Liverpool.

He never managed to play enough games.

Theres no way he will go down to the Championship. He's probably gonna end a Premiership medal and possibly a Champions League medal so his ego will take a nice little boost there just with them despite contributing next to f*** all. I could definitely see him going to a promoted club where he would be the main man if they offered him massive money, but he'd sooner retire with 2 of the best medals you can win rather than drop down to the level he maybe should be playing at now. Its clear he doesn't care about playing football anymore since his international career is over. Its all about the money and being at Manure for him now.

hopefully shearer saw him for what he really was and cant be arsed with him anymore. shearer was a very dedicated footballer and i cant imagine him having much time for people with an attitude like this little c*** in his days with us

Do you think Shearer had nothing to do with signing Owen in the first place?