Michael Owen (now retired)

Keefaz

One a scale of 1-5, how excited are you for Michael Owen on TV every week?  

648 members have voted

1. 1. One a scale of 1-5, how excited are you for Michael Owen on TV every week?

• I envy the deaf.

Guest Stephen927

What the fuck could a Michael Owen app do? Disable your phone for large periods of the year, while placing large emphasis on horse racing and helicopters?

What the fuck could a Michael Owen app do? Disable your phone for large periods of the year, while placing large emphasis on horse racing and helicopters?

Add £5 per week to your monthly bill for doing precisely fuck all?

Ruined two shirts by getting his name on them. Should have got someone good like Xisco or Luque instead :(

Fucking hell.

I could never stop my mother sending me Owen-related LFC/England crap despite my protestations, but at least I never had a shirt with the gobshite's name on it. Given how well he did for us back in the day, I must have been psychic …

He's releasing an app :facepalm:

What? What? What?

To be fair, if he were actually in on it, it could be a funny app.

But he's not. So it's the worst app ever.

Imagine if he did a soundboard. :lol:

Oh yes! Please, please, please, someone make an Owen soundboard!

He's releasing an app :facepalm:

What? What? What?

To be fair, if he were actually in on it, it could be a funny app.

But he's not. So it's the worst app ever.

Imagine if he did a soundboard. :lol:

Oh yes! Please, please, please, someone make an Owen soundboard!

Here are some quotes someone may like to include:-

Ow, my knee

Ouch, my toe

Aaaaiiieee, my hamstring

15 grand on the nose

These biscuits are delicious

Shall we go to the garden centre on Saturday afternoon?

I've had a grest idea lads, let's play charades

Guest Chubby Jason
he manager is the only man who will know the answer why.
Maybe it's because you never, ever play football and have scored about 5 goals in 3 years. If he was serious about achieving anything further in the game he'd at least go to a club where he'll get time on the pitch.

He's got a point that he was dropped (to the bench) by Capello for the France match in 2008 when he was playing really well for us under KK. He probably would have had a better start under any other new England manager that time.

Apart from that, it's funny that he thinks he'll get into an England team again. Any new manager following Capello, even Owen himself, would see that there are too many strikers who are actually available for more than just 10 games a season.

Guest johnson293

He he... 10 goals shy of breaking the record.

Must be eating him up to be fair, knowing he's so close, but also so unlikely to get the chance to do it.

Guest Chubby Jason

He's got a point that he was dropped (to the bench) by Capello for the France match in 2008 when he was playing really well for us under KK. He probably would have had a better start under any other new England manager that time.

Apart from that, it's funny that he thinks he'll get into an England team again. Any new manager following Capello, even Owen himself, would see that there are too many strikers who are actually available for more than just 10 games a season.

He doesn't really have any strong point there. I think Capello just wanted to try Gerrard behind Rooney from what I remember there's nothing wrong with that. If he ever wanted to play for England again he'd have left Man United in the summer rather than sign a new deal. We've had a few squads that have been light on strikers when people like Jay Boothroyd getting call-ups. If he was playing regularly in the PL then he would have been capped since that friendly.

It took him 10 years to get 40 goals when he was actually a decent player.

His goals to games ratio speaks for him, though.

I'm not a fan of Owen, but the stats he has at any club before Man Utd (even there, when you only count starts) are massive.

He he... 10 goals shy of breaking the record.

Must be eating him up to be fair, knowing he's so close, but also so unlikely to get the chance to do it.

Honestly can't see that the cunt really gives a shit. If he actually cared, then he wouldn't be content with sitting on the bench for the final years of his career. Love that they say he's been reduced to a bit-part role at Man Utd, not like that's all he's been since he went there.