Michael Owen (now retired)

Keefaz

One a scale of 1-5, how excited are you for Michael Owen on TV every week?  

648 members have voted

1. 1. One a scale of 1-5, how excited are you for Michael Owen on TV every week?

• I envy the deaf.

Guest firetotheworks

The best thing is that there isn't a club in the land that are less suited to how he plays. My bet is that they'll try him in the Nolan to Carroll role.

The best thing is that there isn't a club in the land that are less suited to how he plays. My bet is that they'll try him in the Nolan to Carroll role.

Aye, with Crouch in there the flick-on will be a more common fixture now that they've got a finisher. Doubt his legs could still take the runs following the flick-ons though, but then again, it worked okay for Nolan...

Guest jimmyc84

I've always thought he looks a bit like Tryone Dobbs from Corrie... anyone else?

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_ieqsyxnYlNo/TQzUYWXe_DI/AAAAAAAAMRE/B5rnLd-hZhw/s1600/tyrone1.jpg

Thought Stoke said they'd pay him PER GAME he played and Owen said he didn't want that

No surprise. Seeing as he spends less time playing football than he does singing tenor at Albert Hall

So have Stoke went back or did the Horse whisperer ?

Apparently it IS a "Paid as you play" contract.

Well done Stoke, calling the b*stards bluff.

Didn't Pulis recently come out with quotes to the effect that he would still get a base salary even if not playing? It's just significantly less than if he does play?

Apparently it IS a "Paid as you play" contract.

Well done Stoke, calling the b*stards bluff.

Didn't Pulis recently come out with quotes to the effect that he would still get a base salary even if not playing? It's just significantly less than if he does play?

Reckon that's more usual than getting nowt as a basic wage, btw.