Did Wolves concede the game to Man Utd

cp40

Did anyone watch the highlights of the game?

Yes. Wolves fans were chanting something along the lines of " £42 to watch the reserves" and "Where's our first team". Man United didn't need to get out of first gear, wolves team was so bad it was unreal they won't have an easier game this season.

Yes. Wolves fans were chanting something along the lines of " £42 to watch the reserves" and "Where's our first team". Man United didn't need to get out of first gear, wolves team was so bad it was unreal they won't have an easier game this season.

Ah right. I wasn't particularly paying attention when it was on last night but I remember Wolves having a good few decent chances.

Guest firetotheworks

Wolves can do what they want, McCarthy obviously saw it as lose/lose and wanted to conserve his first teams fitness. Its a bit of a strange tactic, and one that could possibly have an effect on team morale and the belief that needs to be instilled in order to stay in the league, but its his decision when it comes down to it.

Ah right. I wasn't particularly paying attention when it was on last night but I remember Wolves having a good few decent chances.

They only showed one effort from Wolves on Sky and that was a half chance at best that sailed oved the bar. Some of the Wolves play was comical, even conceding the penalty it was two wolves defenders challenging each other for the ball and one of them handballing it. :lol:

I am going to stick a few quid on Burnley beating Wolves at the weekend. McCarthy's white flag at Man U has brought their winning run to a halt, their fans will be livid at travelling to Manchester to watch a reserve team...everything points to a defeat for thick Mick in this one.

What a f***ing tactical mastermind he will look then  :crazy2:

Be brilliant if they lose to Burnley after this, just great.

I am going to stick a few quid on Burnley beating Wolves at the weekend. McCarthy's white flag at Man U has brought their winning run to a halt, their fans will be livid at travelling to Manchester to watch a reserve team...everything points to a defeat for thick Mick in this one.

What a f***ing tactical mastermind he will look then  :crazy2:

Be brilliant if they lose to Burnley after this, just great.

Burnley aren't too bad, wouldn't be surprised if they turned over Wolves.

McCarthy should be able to play whatever bloody side he wants.

Totally agree. :nods:

The FA shouldn't have the authority to tell a manager who he should and shouldn't be picking. He's the manager and that's his decision.

Love the defeatist attitude of teams in the "BEST LEAGUE IN THE WORLD!!!!" (as the commentators keep telling me)

Have a word man. You & me watch the NFL & have to endure time management late on in games, this is game management by MMc.

Guest Geordiesned

Pathetic attitude from a pathetic man IMO. Really hope Burnley stuff them now.Why did they try so hard to get into the Premier League to play the big teams if they're going to surrender against them? Yes McCarthy can pick whatever team he wants but he's shown utter contempt to the Wolves fans who travelled, bought expensive match tickets and probably took time off work. His time at Sunderland showed he was a clueless muppet. This is yet more evidence.

Pathetic attitude from a pathetic man IMO. Really hope Burnley stuff them now.Why did they try so hard to get into the Premier League to play the big teams if they're going to surrender against them? Yes McCarthy can pick whatever team he wants but he's shown utter contempt to the Wolves fans who travelled, bought expensive match tickets and probably took time off work. His time at Sunderland showed he was a clueless muppet. This is yet more evidence.

But such is the money, don't teams come up essentially just to stay up? Playing the big teams is a bonus.

Of course if I was a fan, I wouldn't look at things with a level-head.

if at the end of the season, wolves go down he will probably lose his job. the chairman has probably said with the money an all that survival is the priority, therefore the guy is doing everything to ensure 3 points against burnley and his own job come the end of the season. i dont like it, but with money being crucial to football these days its no more evil than naming a stadium emirates, reebok or sportsdirect.com@st james park.

Whilst I say he can do what he likes regarding team selection, there is a lot of pressure on him on Saturday to win.

Exactly. It's completely backfired on him and is now more likely to negatively affect the team the rest of the season, particularly if they lose against Burnley. Very, very poor decision. Yes it's his perogative to do as he sees fit, but he had to see this kind of reaction coming.

I wonder if the match would have got so much attention if it was Man Utd who had fielded 10 new players...

McCarthy obviously knew that there was no chance of getting a point at Old Trafford and therefore rested his players for the important game against Burnley...

Guest Brummiemag

Just speaking to one of my mates who has a Wolves away season ticket - he absolutely fuming about it and wants McCarthy sacked.  He was saying Wolves may as well have stayed in the championship if thats the attitude, whats the point in existing as a football club if you dont strive to test yourself against the best 

By his decision, whether they beat Burnley or not, McCarthy has lost the good will of the most of the loyal travelling fans in one go.

McCarthy should be able to play whatever bloody side he wants.

Totally agree. :nods:

The FA shouldn't have the authority to tell a manager who he should and shouldn't be picking. He's the manager and that's his decision.

Ferguson played his kids on the last day of last season (they won but it was still a vastly changed and understrength side). I don't remember the FA chasing him about that.