Will the match be called off tomorrow?

Crumpy Gunt

Honestly, I don't understand why it would be called off. It's just Boro (i.e. just down the road). Everyone sets off an hour early, if needs be, and where's the problem?

the main reason i could think of it being called off is if theres a danger in the terraces themselves if its iced up or a lot of frost or snow

I've got a ticket for this game, coming back home from London tomorrow for the game. There's no snow forecast for tomorrow why will the pitch be frozen? Has it been raining? Isn't the pitch heated?

No one has said the pitch will be frozen. The pitch will more than likely be fine. The concern is more to do with the roads and paths.

I see.

If 'club officials' and the people from the police/council/whatever deem the conditions around the stadium (roads, footpaths etc.) they can call off the game for safety reasons.

Even though the pitch will be perfectly fine to play on and they won't stop people from going round shopping not far down the road.

The club will do what they did last time they cancelled a home game and wait until thousands of people have made the effort to get there before calling it off 45 minutes before kick off due to the state of the roads etc.

Was the Charlton game back in 2006, if memory serves? I'd actually made it to the Trent to meet my mate as per, and word spread that the game had been cancelled. Had to get wor lass to come and pick me up.

Guest ProudToBeAGeordie

It was indeed the Charlton game. I was drinking in Rosie's and it came on sky sports news that it was off.

It's only a little bit of snow, don't know what everybody is worried about. 

It was indeed the Charlton game. I was drinking in Rosie's and it came on sky sports news that it was off.

It's only a little bit of snow, don't know what everybody is worried about. 

That's what I've always thought.

Was watching Russian league on ESPN and they were playing in a blizzard ffs.

They should whap out the orange ball. Orange balls are class.

Guest ProudToBeAGeordie

I remember playing Liverpool in blizzard conditions, in the 90's  (Andy Cole hatrick, Grobbelaar bung game allegedly)

Guest ProudToBeAGeordie

The main problem isn't the pitch though, far from it. It's all about the roads around the stadium and city centre.

It was because it was like a blizzard outside the ground from about 5pm and the council did not do anything to prepare the streets and roads. I remember seeing cars rolling down the street due to the conditions.

Guest ProudToBeAGeordie

Wasn't the replay a 0-0? Sounds like the lads that got pissed had a better night anyways :lol:

0-0 yes :(  Not sure if that was the game Ian dowie took the charlton team for a pre match run and got lost, and ended up having to run accross the coast road dodging traffic

Guest ProudToBeAGeordie

I remember playing Liverpool in blizzard conditions, in the 90's  (Andy Cole hatrick, Grobbelaar bung game allegedly)

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football-cole-collects-hattrick-to-humble-liverpool-strikers-display-their-talents-as-newcastles-passing-game-destroys-weakened-visitors-and-west-bromwich-are-punished-for-errors-1506052.html

although it was november, i'm sure there wasnt any snow? let alone blizzards????

Positive their was snow ?  mind playing tricks then, must have been another game.

Some flurries of snow v Liverpool but the following game at home to Sheff Utd, large mounds of snow kept falling off the Leazes roof.