Newcastle United 2-0 Middlesbrough - 20/12/09 - post match reaction from page 15

Nate

In the last 15 minutes, we played the best football that I've seen from us this season. We need to carry that confidence into the next few games. I know we're top by 10, but I actually think our performances can improve. We often seem to be paying the opposition too much respect.

Did you miss the Ipswich match?

No. I just thought we played better in the last 15 minutes against Boro. But I wasn't trying to start a debate about what was our best performance. My point was that we don't always play with the confidence that we're entitled to. When we do, the gap between us and the opposition looks huge.

In the last 15 minutes, we played the best football that I've seen from us this season. We need to carry that confidence into the next few games. I know we're top by 10, but I actually think our performances can improve. We often seem to be paying the opposition too much respect.

No. I just thought we played better in the last 15 minutes against Boro. But I wasn't trying to start a debate about what was our best performance. My point was that we don't always play with the confidence that we're entitled to. When we do, the gap between us and the opposition looks huge.

I agree. We started doing little dummies and breaking with speed, it's amazing how different we look with a bit of confidence.

I agree. We started doing little dummies and breaking with speed, it's amazing how different we look with a bit of confidence.

It's not, really, considering the enormous role confidence plays in football.

On the whole, that was woeful.

One day soon a performance like that will come back to bite us.

:facepalm:

What man? I'm not going to lie.

I'm delighted we won, we took the two goals well, Colo was an absolute beast and Jonas and Guthrie shone on the wings. Other than that, we missed a chance to roll over them.

If Boro weren't so low on confidence, we wouldn't have won it.

Guest firetotheworks

I'm delighted we won, we took the two goals well, Colo was an absolute beast and Jonas and Guthrie shone on the wings. Other than that, we missed a chance to roll over them.

Woeful though, that's beyond a joke tbh.

We weren't woeful, we were just once again better in every department than the opposition. Confidence or not we would have still won imo.

I would have to agree with Jonny Hall. I had been looking foward all week to watching that and it was, as he says, woeful.

Against such a weak side with obvious flaws (goalkeeper) we should have been at them from the start.

The last 20 minutes was much better.

Thought Colo was class today, closely followed by Enrique for my MOtM

Jonas needs to be more precise with his passing, woeful at times, but hardworking going backwards and won loads of freekicks for us.

Guthries set pieces looked dangerous all game.

Apart from the 1st 15mins or so we looked dangerous, while throughout the whole game playing and fighting like a team.

Well done.

:clap:

Good enough to beat what was infront of us. Why overperform with a busy period ahead of us?

We weren't woeful, we were just once again better in every department than the opposition. Confidence or not we would have still won imo.

Oh aye, sorry. We played badly and won again. Oh joy, this is definitely going to last forever....

Guest firetotheworks

Oh aye, sorry. We played badly and won again. Oh joy, this is definitely going to last forever....

Im not even going to bother, you're beyond help if you think a 10 point lead isn't enough evidence to suggest that it will last for as long as that team is together in this league.

Colo was great today, and my MOM, so to were Jonas and Enrigue. Very disapointing for the first 50 mins, but turned much better.

Was very disguested to see a Boro fan rip out a chair and throw it towards the Newcastle fans.

Tbh, in this league it probably will. Our defence is so much better than anything else in this league and we finish our chances.

We are 22 games in, have played pretty bad for the majority and are still 10 points clear at the top. This is how this league is, I would be more surprised if it did stop than if we continued to coast through till game 46.