Danny Simpson (Premier League Champion)

Guest toonlass

Guest icemanblue

Not saying it's gospel or owt but as I've said before my one Blackburn supporting mate said he was one of their best players at the end of last season. He knows his football and i fully expect him to be able to at least pull his weight in the premiership.

:spit:

One of their best players in the reserves was he?

You're a very funny guy. He made 18 first team starts for Blackburn last season. I don't think I ever saw him play so I can't say further than that.

He made 1 league appearance after Christmas and his loan was terminated early as he wasn't getting a game.

Oooooooh. Burn.

Ronaldo, your mates obviously talk as much shite as you do.

Fair enough, as I said, never saw him play for them. But I was told he performed very well for them.

Not the first good full-back that Allardyce didn't rate btw.

But you've seen him with your own eyes!

The fact is Saylor is by far our best right-back and Simpson rates on a par with Geremi. And probably Solano.

Guest icemanblue

I only wish I made such a fantastic contribution to the forum as you Iceman.

Cheers, pal. That's really nice of you to say.

Fair enough, as I said, never saw him play for them. But I was told he performed very well for them.

The fact is Saylor is by far our best right-back and Simpson rates on a par with Geremi. And probably Solano.

I think Simpson is solid. And at the very least decent backup for the premiership.

Solano and Geremi would get murdered in the premiership at RB.

I think Simpson is solid. And at the very least decent backup for the premiership.

Solano and Geremi would get murdered in the premiership at RB.

Alright, that was an exaggeration. Actually, I think Simpson has potential, but I fucking hate that word. If we can get him for a decent price, I'm happy. Tbh, though, I think his performances have dipped since he got comfortable here, and that doesn't bode well for me.

He was only poor against Derby in an attacking sense, and yes he got raped on Monday when a player fit for the premiership was given acres of space to run at him all game. Posters who were saying he was alright 2 weeks back are now saying he's complete s****.

Imo, RB is one of the few positions we don't really have to worry about for the next 6 months should this deal go through.

I agree about Steven Taylor, keefaz. quite easily our best right-back. unfortunately he's also our best centre-half (along with colo) so we can't afford to move him out there. but if we bring in someone like shittu i'd hope hughton would consider dropping simpson for saylor and playing colo + shittu in the middle.

He was only poor against Derby in an attacking sense, and yes he got raped on Monday when a player fit for the premiership was given acres of space to run at him all game. Posters who were saying he was alright 2 weeks back are now saying he's complete shite. RB is one of the few positions we don't really have to worry about for the next 6 months should this deal go through.

Maybe it's symptomatic of this team, but when he first arrived he seemed a bit more willing to get forward (I mean, not in a hell for leather fashion, but supporting in a steady fashion). Against PNE, for example, he put in 3 or 4 absolutely cracking crosses. Now seems scared.

I agree about Steven Taylor, keefaz. quite easily our best right-back. unfortunately he's also our best centre-half (along with colo) so we can't afford to move him out there. but if we bring in someone like shittu i'd hope hughton would consider dropping simpson for saylor and playing colo + shittu in the middle.

Shittu is decent backup in this league but no more than that. Central defence is our strongest part of the team and you'd have to be insane to start messing with it to accomdate Shittu and slightly improve the RB position, frankly.

Shittu is decent backup in this league but no more than that. Central defence is our strongest part of the team and you'd have to be insane to start messing with it to accomdate Shittu and slightly improve the RB position, frankly.

Sadly, agree with this. Anyway, Taylor is The CB now whether we like it or not. Even if it's to the detriment of his game, which I think it is. In his mind, he's Tony Adams.

Guest palnese

Yes, Simpson was poor against WBA, but he had to do all the defending on our right side by himself. He was left alone time after time, due to the lack of Guthries positioning. All fullbacks need the winger in front of them to help them out, and we didn't have one on Monday.

Sadly, agree with this. Anyway, Taylor is The CB now whether we like it or not. Even if it's to the detriment of his game, which I think it is. In his mind, he's Tony Adams.

From the state of his interviews its debatable whether he has a mind!

Yes, Simpson was poor against WBA, but he had to do all the defending on our right side by himself. He was left alone time after time, due to the lack of Guthries positioning. All fullbacks need the winger in front of them to help them out, and we didn't have one on Monday.

Agree 100%. Should look alot better with proper covering from the right midfielder.

NEWCASTLE United have completed the permanent signing of Danny Simpson for an undisclosed fee from Manchester United.

The 23-year-old has been on loan at St.James' Park since August of last year and has impressed during his 22 appearances this season.

Simpson pens a three-and-a-half-year deal with The Magpies and will continue to wear the No.12 jersey.

Manager Chris Hughton told nufc.co.uk: "We're delighted to complete a permanent deal for Danny.

"He's a player who has been with us since the summer and has played a key role during the first half of the season.

"Danny is a very popular lad in the dressing room and he took no time at all to settle in.

"He was always a player we wanted to keep at the club and he was very keen to stay given how much he's enjoyed his time here."