Danny Simpson (Premier League Champion)

Guest toonlass

£25,000  a week :lol: Please don't sign it .

A quick search finds a Daily mail article that states the average Premiership wage as £22,353 a week. Danny is a player who played in every single match for a team that will compete in Europe next season. Hardly average. You can understand why he believes he is worth more. If the parties representing the club and those representing the player have a fundamental disagreement regarding his value, then let him leave for the good of both.

He's an absolute loon to turn down £25kpw  :lol:

Can't see anyone paying him more than that if we try to sell him at the end of the season either, so he's waiting for his contract to expire in hope of the big sign on fee and bumper deal, even then is anyone going to pay him £35kpw? That's the figure he must think he's worth playing the club like this, a club with a reputation and form of telling contract whingers to go fuk themselves.

Daft lad, he'll not get a 1st team spot in a bigger club than this.

Chances are he's already got word that a club is willing to offer him that. That's usually how these things work, even if it's not supposed to be the case.

Mental like, but could you really put it past the likes of West Ham and QPR?

It'll be West Ham if they come up i'd imagine, QPR are probably a tad more ambitious (unless they've bought into this Best RB in the league shite) and they have Young for the time being anyway.

A quick search finds a Daily mail article that states the average Premiership wage as £22,353 a week. Danny is a player who played in every single match for a team that will compete in Europe next season. Hardly average. You can understand why he believes he is worth more. If the parties representing the club and those representing the player have a fundamental disagreement regarding his value, then let him leave for the good of both.

Think that average figure may be a bit inflated by clubs like Chelsea and Man City paying massive wages.

His teams not. He is.

Think that average figure may be a bit inflated by clubs like Chelsea and Man City paying massive wages.

you mean , understand mean and median aswell as average ?

you mean , understand mean and median aswell as average ?

Yes, I'm sure the article he looked at worked it out using the mean average.

I don't have the information, time, or energy to calculate medians, deviations, and outliers. Take the information at face value, for the love of God.

You cannot possibly think that Simpson will accept the idea of "Everyone here is better than me and i am actually detrimental to the team's success. I should receive wages a fraction of what they earn". No athlete has this mentality. Coloccini is on 80 per week or something like this. Santon, and both Taylors will earn more than 25,000. Only Williamson will receive comparably low pay. It is not a Guthrie situation, there is no reason for the player to think he is not indispensable.

I don't have the information, time, or energy to calculate medians, deviations, and outliers. Take the information at face value, for the love of God.

You cannot possibly think that Simpson will accept the idea of "Everyone here is better than me and i am actually detrimental to the team's success. I should receive wages a fraction of what they earn". No athlete has this mentality. Coloccini is on 80 per week or something like this. Santon, and both Taylors will earn more than 25,000. Only Williamson will receive comparably low pay. It is not a Guthrie situation, there is no reason for the player to think he is not indispensable.

Really?

Guest Rey Mysterio

Can this be the last time we ever hear the "he's played every game for a team who are joint fourth so he can't be a bad player" bullcrap?

If the other 10 were of similar ability we'd have been relegated by Christmas.

£25k is a fair offer for a squad player in a top six side. I think Danny sees himself as a first team regular for the next four years, I hope the club see it differently. Wish Danny well whatever happens and certainly think his recent games have been his best of the season.

Cost £750k, on £10k per week and has played every game for a club joint fourth in the Premier League with five games to go. What terrible value for money. Hope he dies etc.

I don't care about the figures, I just go off what I see on the pitch etc

He really isn't that bad :lol:

Seems like there always has to be one and between the likes of Perch surprisingly doing well and the love in for Cabaye etc Simpson is the one who has to take the brunt.

Guest Rey Mysterio

Or maybe he's comfortably our worst regular starter, hence people not rating him and wanting a replacement?

Won't disagree he is our worst starter and won't disagree we need to improve our weakest position to progress but that isn't the point. The hyperbole on here regarding Simpson is ridiculous at times.

That said it's not just on here.

There doesn't seem to be any grey area at times, just brilliant or absolutely shit of which he is neither.

Won't disagree he is our worst starter and won't disagree we need to improve our weakest position to progress but that isn't the point. The hyperbole on here regarding Simpson is ridiculous at times.

There doesn't seem to be any grey area at times, just brilliant or absolutely s*** of which he is neither.

:clap:

Guest Rey Mysterio

There doesn't seem to be any grey area at times, just brilliant or absolutely shit of which he is neither.

Anyone who thinks he's brilliant (Mick) want their heads checking.

There doesn't seem to be any grey area at times, just brilliant or absolutely s*** of which he is neither.

So does anyone who thinks he's absolutely shit, which is sort of the point Cajun is making.

So does anyone who thinks he's absolutely s***, which is sort of the point Cajun is making.

:lol:

Checkmate!

Guest Rey Mysterio

I could give you plenty of reasons why he's a really poor player though when I get time but if anyone tried to explain why he's anything more than poor, they'd be telling porkies.