Danny Simpson (Premier League Champion)

Guest toonlass

Guest VaVaVoom

I've said all season Simpson ain't good. He's not. Has basically never stopped an attack. The most he's done is slow down a winger minutely.

This.

I dont think he is that bad, just not very good. Middle table RB at most.

Offers nowt going forward.

Santons little spell on the right yesterday was encouraging!

Let Simpson go and go get Pieters.

Hope so. It's a LB we need, really. Have done for f***ing ages, even when Enrique was here.

Indeed. Santon to right back and a new left back coming in.

An ideal solution but I wouldn't be averse to the idea of bringing in a quality RB (such as Debuchy) and letting Santon continue his development at LB.

Wonder who we'll slag off every time we lose a match when he is replaced in the summer.

By the looks of it we might have already seen Ba being lined up for that one, if he's still here.

:lol: complete and utter load of s***, both of you. Most people in here are saying he was s*** and responsible for one/two goals going in or whatever. Where exactly are they blaming him for the performances of the other players, or the team as a whole?

I've been saying since the win at West Brom that Ba looks absolutely shagged after 60 minutes, pretty much every single week. Were we blessed with options that came anywhere near his quality, we could definitely do with giving him a rest for one or two games.

Simpson gets the blame for far too much when things go wrong in defence.  Williamson cost us the first and crucial goal yesterday yet nobody bothered to bump a thread about him and slag him off for it.

Williamson cost us a goal, Simpson cost us two and did his best to give them a third, that's why its his thread being bumped.

Williamson cost us a goal, Simpson cost us two and did his best to give them a third, that's why its his thread being bumped.

Which two goals did Simpson cost us and how?

Guest Tyson

I was thinking the same. Definitely a Mr Rent-a-Quote for Mr 'Suck-hole' Ryder though, for the usual PR driven call-to-arms/apologies shite .

Empty soundbites from a bloke (without the ability to demonstrate a complete performance turnaround), who has showed no improvement during his time here.

Guest BooBoo

The Simpson bashing is out of hand. He played poorly at the weekend in a collective off day but generally over the last two months he's not put a foot wrong.

I was thinking the same. Definitely a Mr Rent-a-Quote for Mr 'Suck-hole' Ryder though, for the usual PR driven call-to-arms/apologies s**** .

Empty soundbites from a bloke (without the ability to demonstrate a complete performance turnaround), who has showed no improvement during his time here.

What a load of shite.

To say he has not improved is ridiculous he is just not as good as he thinks he is, you can not fault his effort its his decision making and that lets him down most of the time.

He tends to do better in bigger games and him being a mad Man Ure fan he will want to do his very best vs City on Sunday, usual goal line clearance nailed on.

He is a "solid" defender because he is quite fast and rarely being outpaced.  And other than backing off his man-marking isn't bad as well, and didn't make rash tackles that costs us penalties.  Credit where it is due.  However his attacking play is just next to none, and is a major stumbling block for the team to reach to the next level.

He should be our rotational player only.  In fact if we are playing against some top teams in Europe where we are forced to play defensively and use direct football only, he is probably the best choice for us even if we got a new right back like Santon.

He is a "solid" defender because he is quite fast and rarely being outpaced.  And other than backing off his man-marking isn't bad as well, and didn't make rash tackles that costs us penalties.  Credit where it is due.  However his attacking play is just next to none, and is a major stumbling block for the team to reach to the next level.

He should be our rotational player only.  In fact if we are playing against some top teams in Europe where we are forced to play defensively and use direct football only, he is probably the best choice for us even if we got a new right back like Santon.

Totally disagree about him being solid defensively. I think he has very few of the attributes required to be a decent premier league full-back. His decision making consists of how far to back off the attacking player before letting him cross the ball into the box. He has been carried all season by our centre backs and more recently by Ben Arfa tracking back (never thought i'd say that).  He also hasn't built up an understanding/partnership with any of the players who have played right wing for us this season.

Absolutely nothing good about him IMO - get rid!

Every time i've seen him play he's been totally shit!

Most of the goals we've conceded this season have come from his side of the pitch.

I totally agree that he hasn't built up a relationship with anyone playing on the right. He doesn't build up a footballing relationship with anyone on the pitch going forward. This alone is a reason why he shouldn't be first choice next season. I'm certainly not going to slate him for the majority of defensive performances he's put in this season though, he's had some good games

He passes the buck, never takes responsibility, and this is why he irks me so much. Most of the players at the club who did that have long since gone, not that Simpson is anywhere near as bad as the likes of Owen, Duff, Viduka etc for not showing up, but it's a trait I can't fucking stand.

He IS the new rent-a-quote Geordie Nation mouthpiece anarl, Steven Taylor is clearly taking a break. Can someone please give Danny a gobstopper.

He passes the buck, never takes responsibility, and this is why he irks me so much. Most of the players at the club who did that have long since gone, not that Simpson is anywhere near as bad as the likes of Owen, Duff, Viduka etc for not showing up, but it's a trait I can't f***ing stand.

He IS the new rent-a-quote Geordie Nation mouthpiece anarl, Steven Taylor is clearly taking a break. Can someone please give Danny a gobstopper.

:thup: I hate his "At least the real fans are supporting us" rambles.

As if he's fucking immune from criticism. Spent too long at Man United and the attitude has rubbed off IMO.

I think against Stoke it summed him up, Ben Arfa with an outrageous control from a Tiote cross-field pass, he passes it onto Simpson who then proceeds to run it out of play because he has no technique

The sooner we get a right back (ideally switch Santon)  that can play football the better it will be, having someone that can overlap as Ben Arfa cuts in will make us more dangerous in attack

Guest BooBoo

If Simpson moves on this summer, he'll go with my best wishes. Taking into account his knack for goal line clearances, he's probably won us more points this season than he's supposedly lost due to mistakes.

He's certainly picked up the baton of forum whipping boy since Nolan left. I wonder who'll be next?

If Simpson moves on this summer, he'll go with my best wishes. Taking into account his knack for goal line clearances, he's probably won us more points this season than he's supposedly lost due to mistakes.

He's certainly picked up the baton of forum whipping boy since Nolan left. I wonder who'll be next?

Same, after all, he was signed for a low fee and has done a decent enough job here imho. Yes, he does have his limitations (and that does lead to mistakes unfortunately) and yes, he is probably the weakest link in the team but some of the abuse he gets on here (things like "he's a c***", etc.) is quite OTT imo. If he does make a mistake in a game that costs us a goal, then yeah he does deserve a bit of criticism (it's the same with every other player - do well = praise; do bad = criticism). A bit of balance here and there wouldn't go amiss like.

If Danny goes, he goes. Would wish him all the best for the future.

Cabaye. ;)

Cabaye. ;)

He was getting it a few weeks ago for his poor passing, even though they were good passes that nobody picked up.

Agreed, always needs to be someone to single out. It gets worse as we have a more and more likeable squad so the one that doesn't have the necessary quirk gets all the shit.