Danny Simpson (Premier League Champion)

Guest toonlass

How come everyone else seems to rate him so much  :lol: going on there about his pass completion rate being very high lol

Because the media hype him up..... unsung hero, so many goal line clearences, defensively solid etc etc.....

Should mean we should get a decent fee for him.

"I really rate him" :lol:

Always makes me laugh when I read that, I think the stick he gets is overboard like, but you cannot have actually watched him at all to come to the conclussion that you "really rate him". You've actually just seen MOTD chat shit about him.

How come everyone else seems to rate him so much  :lol: going on there about his pass completion rate being very high lol

:lol: Unbelievable. Simpson has high pass completion because he only hits easy support or short passes, and sometimes a hoof when he's under pressure. Statistics aren't objective facts, but must be analyzed in context. When I watched the WBA-game again, I tried to pay attention to the passing quality of  Perchinio and Simpson. Needless to say, Perchinhio was much better. He made constructive, offensive passes to the midfield.  Giving the ball to simpson was like giving it away. Almost every time he tried to make a long range constructive pass he missed completely. And we dominiated that game ffs.

One of the definitive Simpson moments is the Stoke game when Ben Arfa made that sublime control from a long ball too him, lays it off to Simpson, expects a return as he accelerates away and simpson hoofs it back to stoke  ;D

Guest NewFan

The problem with this kind of player is they think they are good enough to have the same wage as their better more talented team mates.

It just shows lack of discernment or worse delusional behaviour.

Add to all this,he has no understanding neither with ben arfa nor with the trio will-colo-santon.

Get rid !!!!

Are us and Sunderland fans the only ones that see him as our weak link? I'm not a hater of him and was really pleased with him, I thought he was more than solid during the Championship season but he is limited and would have rather seen the season end with Raylor RB and Santon LB or even the other way around works

That's his problem, he genuinely thinks he's international quality, and that's why he's thankfully turned down the best contract he'll likely ever get offered. Fool. :lol:

What a mug. Hopefully he moves and than sees what he misses out. Our better. Understands how good he really is and sign a new contract us a back up.

That's his problem, he genuinely thinks he's international quality, and that's why he's thankfully turned down the best contract he'll likely ever get offered. Fool. :lol:

Bit harsh when we have no idea what contract offer he's had or might get elsewhere. We don't exactly have a reputation for paying mega wages anymore.

I agree he overrates himself like.

• 2 weeks later...

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1206824-newcastle-united-breaking-down-the-danny-simpson-contract-dispute?

Newcastle United: Breaking Down the Danny Simpson Contract Dispute 

With the 2011-12 Premier League season behind us, all eyes are firmly focused on the transfer window ahead of us. But, despite the fact that it tends to be incoming players who make the headlines, the potential departure of right-back Danny Simpson appears to be gaining traction.

Back in February, the former Red Devil turned down a contract offer from Newcastle worth £25,000-a-week, a number more than double the current wage he's earning. That probably looks greedy to most, but he claims he only wants to be paid as much as the players around him.

Most consider Danny Simpson to be nothing more than an average defender, and considering that the Premier League's average wage is only £22,353-a-week (as reported by Mail Online), it's hard to really side with Simpson here.

Whilst they're not necessarily a stingy team, Newcastle will be looking at all costs to avoid recreating the squad full of overpaid players that got them relegated to the Championship, and staying firm on an issue like this will help to make sure of that. The culture of football surrounding Premier League clubs appears to be one of overpaying, but it looks like the Toon want no part of this.

Danny Simpson is going to have a real shock if Newcastle eventually puts him up for sale, because the teams who can afford to pay Simpson as much as he wants will simply see him as an inferior player. The defender has said repeatedly that he wants to be here because of the European football and the good team built around him, and he'll soon realise that this is also the club that will pay him the most money.

As consistent as Simpson has been this season, he's simply a replacement-level player, and other teams will see this as well. Newcastle won't be too much worse off if he leaves, and actually, they'd even benefit from the extra money they could put towards the salary of an incoming player.

Whether Simpson stays or leaves, the Newcastle backroom staff would like to know what's happening pretty soon, so they can prepare to replace the defender with a new signing. Rumours have started to heat up regarding both Mathieu Debuchy of Lille and Erik Pieters of PSV, but both depend on whether or not Simpson stays on Tyneside.

Maybe someone could tweet Simpson this article... :lol:  If MA manages to sell this fullback magician for £4-5 mill he's a fucking genius.

Sums up the guy's arrogance, and delusion, if he thinks he deserves to be paid in the same bracket as other more important players.

Personally, I can't wait until he fucks off.... because then we'd be desperately needing another full-back, which would hopefully force us into action.