Danny Simpson (Premier League Champion)

Guest toonlass

Just never looks like he's got the ball under control. Worried we heading back to the days of Carr and Babayaro where we really struggled to get the ball from defence to midfield. Full backs can make such a difference to a team and we're missing Enrique quite badly already.

Backs off like a moron whenever someone runs at him. Awful going forward, treats the ball like it's a burning hot coal and just boots it away no matter where he is on the pitch. One of the main culprits for the hoofball we usually revert to too.

One of the reasons why we didn't keep possession of the ball in the first half was because of the poor footballers in some key positions. Ryan Taylor and Simpson in the full back positions were awful on the ball and Gosling and Lovenkrands in midfield were similar.

One of the reasons why we didn't keep possession of the ball in the first half was because of the poor footballers in some key positions. Ryan Taylor and Simpson in the full back positions were awful on the ball and Gosling and Lovenkrands in midfield were similar.

Spot on.

He was pretty decent last season and while not a world beater was a good player but got to say he's started this season alarmingly off form,  needs to snap  out of it sharpish,  looks heavy legged.

Guest Rey Mysterio

Am I allowed to say I told you so yet?

As long as you told us so.

Cant be bothered to find which page but I was fighting a one man battle on here a few months back trying to get people to see the light.

The worst thing is I didn't think he was that bad tonight, seen him play far far worse.

Bizarrely, the better his opponents, the better he seems to play. Maybe some mental block where he has to expect a tough time to actually perform to a decent level.

Think its because when we've got our backs against the wall he doesn't get exposed as much, when we push on and leave space for the other team he flounders.

Not that great going forward when we have to do that either.

Guest palnese

Is something on Simpson's mind? Personal distractions and all that? Poor performance from him tonight.

Just became Daddy Simpson. Probably not getting his beauty sleep.

He was downright rotten tonight have to say. I'm not one to jump on the Danny Simpson is a pile of crap bandwagon, but he's got to perform better than that for me not to be tempted to hitch a ride.

His worst performance for us tonight but i'm not hugely worried, especially considering he had Lovenkrands in front of him. I've seen Danny Simpson play very well for us.

He'll look better with Jonas in front of him, assuming there's any hope in him being transferred to the right-wing.