Danny Simpson (Premier League Champion)

Guest toonlass

All he said was he'd be honoured to represent his country ffs.

You'd think he Tweeted "I AM THE BEST RIGHT BACK EVER! CAPELLO MUST PICK ME! RICHARDS IS s***!!" :lol:

The funny thing is he thinks he is class and should be in. He mentions it practically every time England squad is announced, very pleased with his performances last couple of games but surely he does not think he is playing well enough???

Guest Rey Mysterio

dannysimpson12 Danny Simpson

Its being spoken about that I may be called up for The England Squad,

...b such an Honour to represent my country.

Wasn't all he said though was it  :lol:

Stand by my decision that it was a  :facepalm: tweet.

So he has heard from some source he is in contention and got excited about it. What a wanker, I hope we boo him off the pitch next home game, worse than a paedo!

Guest Rey Mysterio

So he has heard from some source he is in contention and got excited about it. What a wanker, I hope we boo him off the pitch next home game, worse than a paedo!

No one is implying that! He is light years away from being international standard, imagine Lee Cattermole or some other shit Mackem tweeted that, we'd all be laughing our tits off.

So he has heard from some source he is in contention and got excited about it. What a w*****, I hope we boo him off the pitch next home game, worse than a paedo!

No one is implying that! He is light years away from being international standard, imagine Lee Cattermole or some other s*** Mackem tweeted that, we'd all be laughing our tits off.

He's not saying that he international standard man!

Guest Rey Mysterio

So he has heard from some source he is in contention and got excited about it. What a w*****, I hope we boo him off the pitch next home game, worse than a paedo!

No one is implying that! He is light years away from being international standard, imagine Lee Cattermole or some other s*** Mackem tweeted that, we'd all be laughing our tits off.

I didn't say he did. Its just a bad case of blowing his own trumpet.

No one is implying that! He is light years away from being international standard, imagine Lee Cattermole or some other shit Mackem tweeted that, we'd all be laughing our tits off.

All he said was he was he would be honoured. Don't understand why we are so quick at times to knock our own players, maybe it is the fear to not be mocked by our counterparts which your post seems to hint at.

I didn't say he did. Its just a bad case of blowing his own trumpet.

He can't stop people talking about him.

I'm no enormous fan of Simpson but defensively there's little between him and  the competition other than Richards. Kyle Walker was absolutely piss poor up here and Glen Johnson is piss poor full stop.

I'm no enormous fan of Simpson but defensively there's little between him and  the competition other than Richards. Kyle Walker was absolutely piss poor up here and Glen Johnson is piss poor full stop.

Kyle looks twice the player Simpson is from what I've seen of him, even when he was playing poorly I know who I'd rather have in our side.

NEWCASTLE are refusing to negotiate with Danny Simpson over an improved contract.

The right-back, who has 18 months left on his deal, is one of the Premier League's rising stars after impressing for Alan Pardew's side this season.

Simpson, 24, was offered a five-year contract in the summer.

But he would still have been one of the lowest-paid players in Newcastle's squad.

The £750,000 bargain from Manchester United is keen to commit to the North-East club long term but wants parity with his team-mates.

The stand-off is likely to alert Premier League rivals ahead of the January transfer window.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3922882/Newcastle-refusing-to-negotiate-with-Danny-Simpson.html

Not too fussed on this. The club probably know by now that they can pick up either equal quality for less abroad or better quality for the same or a little bit more.

If we are looking for continual improvement going forward then I would see him as a squad player only.

NEWCASTLE are refusing to negotiate with Danny Simpson over an improved contract.

The right-back, who has 18 months left on his deal, is one of the Premier League's rising stars after impressing for Alan Pardew's side this season.

But he would still have been one of the lowest-paid players in Newcastle's squad.

The £750,000 bargain from Manchester United is keen to commit to the North-East club long term but wants parity with his team-mates.

The stand-off is likely to alert Premier League rivals ahead of the January transfer window.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3922882/Newcastle-refusing-to-negotiate-with-Danny-Simpson.html

Quite.

Quite.

:lol:

The Sun's sensationalism :hmm:

As I've said before, I do rate Simpson so I'd actually prefer if he signs a new contract. If anything, he'd be a good back up.

His recent performances have been great so as it stands, he's still first choice. If his overall performance this season doesn't really improve on last season's, then we should probably be looking at someone else to be first choice RB.