Danny Simpson (Premier League Champion)

Guest toonlass

Pretty good game today, has been solid in general recently.

Young had him a few times, but he made some class blocks to. The one at the end has singlehandedly got us a point, magnificent.

I'm still in awe. Popped out of nowhere, amazing block.

Simmo :clap:

Coincidence things sort out at home with his nipper and his good form returns?

Good player, but he does need competition. Clyne would really give him a kick up the arse to the next level. Quite happy for them two to be our RB options for the next several seasons.

Solid player, but he does need competition. Clyne would really give him a kick up the arse to the next level. Quite happy for them two to be our RB options for the next several seasons.

I think Santon is giving him competition at the moment. He wasn't impressed about being subbed for him a few weeks ago.

Guest Rey Mysterio

Great block on the line but take that away and he was poor yet again. Hope by the first of Feb, the starting fullbacks will be Santon and a new signing.

Guest Heneage

Solid player, but he does need competition. Clyne would really give him a kick up the arse to the next level. Quite happy for them two to be our RB options for the next several seasons.

I think Santon is giving him competition at the moment. He wasn't impressed about being subbed for him a few weeks ago.

Don't see why, no shame in being subbed for an Italian international that we've just bought from Inter Milan. If Simpson has any sense he'll sign the deal now and just accept this is as good as it gets for him.

"Poor yet again"

Never mind the fact he was good yesterday which has been acknowledged by 99% of our fans and the media, even making that twat Crooks team of the week, he's been solid for about the last 5 matches and been playing well.

Don't understand why some people go out of their way to have grudges against our own players.  Sad.

Don't see why, no shame in being subbed for an Italian international that we've just bought from Inter Milan. If Simpson has any sense he'll sign the deal now and just accept this is as good as it gets for him.

I dunno. I reckon he should definitely sign but to say it's as good as it gets is harsh. He's still only 24, 2nd season in the PL. Yes he's a weak point for us and has been dire at times this year, but he's generally improved over his time here, been decent the past couple of games and hopefully improve further with experience. His defensive frailties can definitely be addressed.

Great block on the line but take that away and he was poor yet again. Hope by the first of Feb, the starting fullbacks will be Santon and a new signing.

Drivel.

I know you don't rate Simpson but he was great yesterday. Credit when it's due man.

Ashley young hitting the post & hernandez offside chance were both his side tbf

He had moments of greatness & moments where he was exposed also. But you're playing Man united so its to be expected, overall a solid performance from him.

Guest Rey Mysterio

What did he do well other than make the great clearance off the line?

Out of position on quite a few occasions letting them in behind and when he was back, hardly ever got tight enough to prevent the ball coming in so not much point him being there at all.

By no means one of his worst performances but still needs upgrading along with Raylor.

Out of position on quite a few occasions letting them in behind and when he was back, hardly ever got tight enough to prevent the ball coming in so not much point him being there at all.

By no means one of his worst performances but still needs upgrading along with Raylor.

Spot on.

Don't get what's so wrong with suggesting that we still need to upgrade the fullbacks either. :dontknow:

worked his bollocks off and made the right choices most of the time. to listen to many on here at times they want the full back to purely mark the wide man, do that and nothing else. football is more fluid than that and mostly "when he got caught out of position" was because he'd originally done the right thing earlier as play progressed. theres a damn sight more to it than saying "hey i had my man" and for all, overall i think he can often be a weak link, he had a good game yesterday.