Danny Simpson (Premier League Champion)

Guest toonlass

Simpson seems a really decent lad to me, want him to do well. He scares me a bit with his backing off at times, but you can say that about most defenders.

If I had to choose now, I'd sacrifice Raylor for Santon soon. It's a genuinely hard one though, nice to have competition anyway and a good game from Simpson tonight.

Played well tonight.

Yep, last season he put in a few displays like this in a row , that's why people where calling for him in the England team.

That and the fact there's some pretty stupid people around.

:lol:

Simpson with a towel = brilliant.

Simpson positioning in second half = no so brilliant.

Once Etherington had gone off, it was noticeable how much further forward Simpson was pushing, not sure if this was under instruction from Pards (to try and pin Stoke back).

At one point, we worked the ball across from the left flank (Cabaye, Jonas and Guthrie). When the ball was played towards Obertan (stood about 5 yards into the Stoke half, right of the centre circle), Stoke intercepted and broke down the left - Simpson was another 15 yards further into the Stoke half and in no position to get back.

A few minutes later, he was trying to get onto a through ball in the Stoke box..!