Danny Simpson (Premier League Champion)

Guest toonlass

He needs to realise that every player who's believed their hype and left has went on to do fuck all.

He's a footballer and has an agent after a slice of a signing-on fee. It would certainly be a turn-up if he showed such awareness.

Simpson appears to have got a lot of attention and we could probably get a decent fee for him and make a good turn on his purchase, so we'll sell, it's just how we work. Sell high, buy low.

According to the rags today he's been told to sign the contract or be sold in January:

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/285873/Danny-Simpson-told-he-must-sign-or-go?

pretty sure thats taken from the pre-manc press conference....i watched it yesterday and honestly cant remember pardew saying "But if we can’t reach an agreement, he will have to move on, it’s as simple as that."

This happens all the time with this club and Simpson should be aware by now that the club don't do negotiation - every contract offer seems to be a case of take it or leave it.  He is not in a strong position because the club have Santon waiting to play and I guess they feel he is easily replaceable should he fail to sign the contract.

No doubt Simpson is on a pretty low wage in comparison to most of his team mates but unless we know what the club are actually offering compared to his current deal, I think it is unfair to judge the player.

This will continue to happen with all of the players.  Although I am still amazed that Jonas' new contract went through so smoothly and the first we heard of it was when it was signed.

He needs to realise that every player who's believed their hype and left has went on to do fuck all.

They still probably earned a good bonus and salary increase though. Football-wise you're right, but they still might think they made the right moves financially.

I'd rather we didn't have to sign two right-backs over January/Summer. Simpson's a decent player too.

He'll sign it like, he'd be a lunatic not to do so tbh.

We'd only need an understudy... Santon is the future Right Back... It's a Left Back we'll be looking at next along with a forward...

Think we're handling this correctly to be honest. He'll simply never play for a club as good as ours if he moves and that's not over-emphasising how good we are, I just don't rate him at all. If he wants to go to west brom for a few extra grand then good luck to him, he won't be missed.

I know that sounds harsh on the lad since he's part of our well functioning defence but there does come a point where the club have got to admit they can get better for the money and ultimately for the squad.

They have made mistakes but I still feel it's unfair to not to give our full backs any credit for the solid start. Seen it many times having a good centre back or two but the full backs costing us a lot of goals and I don't think we have that now. Neither Simpson or Raylor are top class but I would definitely keep them both.

They have made mistakes but I still feel it's unfair to not to give our full backs any credit for the solid start. Seen it many times having a good centre back or two but the full backs costing us a lot of goals and I don't think we have that now. Neither Simpson or Raylor are top class but I would definitely keep them both.

I don't mind keeping them either, but if we are going to push on then realistically the full back positions are where we need to upgrade. If their wage demands start getting on the high side I would imagine the club will start thinking it might be better to spend more money on genuine quality full backs and bring in a couple of promising youngsters as understudies.