Danny Simpson (Premier League Champion)

Guest toonlass

And what was Simpson doing for the third exactly? :lol: He made no attempt to even get to that cross.

Simpson should have been the last defender at the back post as Perch should have moved over to challenge for the cross as he was the last centre back.

No way on earth is that Perch's fault.

gets into reasonably good positions

Please tell me you're taking the piss. His positioning is arguably the worst thing about his game.

worst of all he seems to think he's made it and doesn't need to continue to improve his game.

FAO Mick, this is what I'm getting at. ^

Neither can Simpson.

Who is the best defender out of Ryan Taylor and Simpson?

They're both as bad as each other, neither have any attributes that really stand out to make me want to pick one from the other apart from how they differ when they have the ball at their feet/going forward.

Please tell me you're taking the piss. His positioning is arguably the worst thing about his game.

worst of all he seems to think he's made it and doesn't need to continue to improve his game.

In the attacking sense, he does get into good crossing positions (hence the reason he gets so many chances at fucking up crosses).

Taylor has some semblance of ball control and an ability to pass it. For that reason alone he's a better option than Simpson.

Taylor can't defend, for that reason alone he's not.

Neither can Simpson.

In fairness he's pretty quick and gets into reasonably good positions, which makes up for some of his flaws. But FFS man I'm a better footballer than he is, and worst of all he seems to think he's made it and doesn't need to continue to improve his game.

Sorry but I can't agree. Positioning is woeful and this business about him being quick doesn't rub either. He certainly doesn't show it when he's supposed to be tracking back after an unsuccessful attack anyway.

I wonder if Simpson is the real reason Pardew is unwilling to play Ben Arfa on the wing? If we had full backs who would supply width and also defend suspect Pardew might be willing to narrow the midfield and allow Ben Arfa out wide.

Guest hatem garrincha

Please tell me you're taking the p*ss. His positioning is arguably the worst thing about his game.

In the attacking sense, he does get into good crossing positions (hence the reason he gets so many chances at f***ing up crosses).

He's better than Obertan as a RW

Please tell me you're taking the p*ss. His positioning is arguably the worst thing about his game.

In the attacking sense, he does get into good crossing positions (hence the reason he gets so many chances at f***ing up crosses).

Erm, no :lol:

FYI, I cringe every time I see him on the teamsheet. Answer's still no :lol:

I wonder if Simpson is the real reason Pardew is unwilling to play Ben Arfa on the wing? If we had full backs who would supply width and also defend suspect Pardew might be willing to narrow the midfield and allow Ben Arfa out wide.

If Simpson does need protection, you could switch Jonas to the right and start Ben Arfa on the left in front of Santon. Danny is probably missing Barton on the right tbh :undecided:

Guest hatem garrincha

Erm, no :lol:

:lol:

How on earth is that post 'laughable'? Simpson is constantly self-promoting, and clearly thinks he's a brilliant footballer. It gives the impression that he thinks he's better than he is, and has an inflated opinion of his ability; which is certainly a reason why he's disliked by many people.

Tell you what is laughable though: the notion that Simpson is a better bet at RB than Ryan Taylor. They are both average-poor at defending, but Taylor can actually pass a ball and hit a set piece. Simpson offers absolutely zilch going forwards and yet is still always miles out of position.

I find it laughable that what you highlighted in that post seems to bother you.  We don't know that he thinks he's a brilliant footballer, you said he re-tweets when people tell him he should play for England, so what?  He's got his own website, again, so what?  Somebody has probably paid him so that they can use his name on a game, so what?

Most people think they are better than they are, isn't that just self-esteem?

Taylor has scored 2 goals this season from a free kick, Cabaye and Ba have both scored goals from free kicks and I would put money on both of those having taken less free kicks.  Taylor can score from free kicks but he can also hit Row Z or more often than not, hit the wall.

Simpson got us a goal through his forward play, I know it was an own goal but it was him who put the ball into a position where a defender thought that he had to do something drastic enough for the ball to go into his own net.  Taylor can't defend and hides so that he's not getting shown up, when he doesn't hide, he's shit.

If Simpson does need protection, you could switch Jonas to the right and start Ben Arfa on the left in front of Santon. Danny is probably missing Barton on the right tbh :undecided:

Man, if only we still had Barton. The limp dick that is the Obertan/Simpson combination down the right wing, ugh.

That's just people mind reading, I've seen no sign of him thinking he's made it.  I've seen a player who came to the club on loan and is now a much better footballer.

That's just people mind reading, I've seen no sign of him thinking he's made it.  I've seen a player who came to the club on loan and is now a much better footballer.

I haven't seen an ounce of improvement in him since his first few matches last season. Even Jonas is a better crosser of the ball than he is nowadays, on his weaker foot no less.

They're both as bad as each other, neither have any attributes that really stand out to make me want to pick one from the other apart from how they differ when they have the ball at their feet/going forward.

Simpson is a better defender, you must watch a different game to me.

I haven't seen an ounce of improvement in him since his first few matches last season. Even Jonas is a better crosser of the ball than he is nowadays, on his weaker foot no less.

Some of our best crosses against Swansea were put in by simpson, did you watch the game?

Sorry but I can't agree. Positioning is woeful and this business about him being quick doesn't rub either. He certainly doesn't show it when he's supposed to be tracking back after an unsuccessful attack anyway.

Have you watched Richards play for Man City?  If not then I suggest that you do and see what happens to him when he gets forward and can't beat the ball back when he's out of position.

Guest hatem garrincha

Some of our best crosses against Swansea were put in by simpson, did you watch the game?

Even today, he putted more (not all good, but...) crosses and took the wing better than Obertan (seriously)

It was one lucky punt out of what, 5-7 attempts? He has zero consistency at it.

Simpson is a better defender, you must watch a different game to me.

What aspects of his defending are better? I'll start by saying Taylor gets tighter to his man when marking him, doesn't back off as much, is the calmer of the two when in tricky situations, actually makes a decent attempt to get back into position when we lose the ball up the field and is better in the air. Your turn...

Have you watched Richards play for Man City?  If not then I suggest that you do and see what happens to him when he gets forward and can't beat the ball back when he's out of position.

I don't expect him to beat the ball back but I do expect him to bust a bollock to get back into position, especially when losing the ball comes from his own mistake. Richards also doesn't stand pointing at his teammates blaming them for his own mistakes.