Danny Simpson (Premier League Champion)

Guest toonlass

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Contract talks put on hold until the end of the season:

(I reckon he'll sign a new contract for sure in the summer FWIW).

Pardew’s ultimatum to Simpson over Newcastle future

By MILES STARFORTH

Published on Thursday 15 December 2011 12:07

DANNY Simpson has been told Newcastle United will look to sign another right-back if he doesn’t agree a new deal at St James’s Park.

Alan Pardew today confirmed contract talks with Simpson have been put on hold until the end of the season.

And if an agreement can’t be reached in the summer, Pardew will look at bringing another player in.

Pardew said: “We’ve both decided we’ll have to run to the summer, and we’ll have to look at other options if he feels he doesn’t want to stay.

“It hasn’t changed my position in terms of how I see him, it’s just business. If he doesn’t sign, we’ll look at someone else.”

Simpson is keen to commit his long-term future to the club, but wants a deal that reflects his contribution to the cause over the past couple of years.

The 24-year-old has two and a half years left on the contract he signed in January last year after moving from Manchester United.

Don't think so. Can see us looking elsewhere (France, basically :lol: ) and Simpson sold while he has some worth. Maybe not January with the lack of defensive bodies, but I'd be extremely surprised if he's not gone in the summer of 2012.

Is this a joke? How can we not keep a hold of Danny effing Simpson? Either he's got a seriously delusional estimation of himself, or this is what we're gonna be expecting from all our other better players too.

Interesting development. Sad, really. He can p1ss off if it's the former, as he won't do better than here. He's not even great!

Contract talks put on hold until the end of the season:

(I reckon he'll sign a new contract for sure in the summer FWIW).

Pardew’s ultimatum to Simpson over Newcastle future

By MILES STARFORTH

Published on Thursday 15 December 2011 12:07

DANNY Simpson has been told Newcastle United will look to sign another right-back if he doesn’t agree a new deal at St James’s Park.

Alan Pardew today confirmed contract talks with Simpson have been put on hold until the end of the season.

And if an agreement can’t be reached in the summer, Pardew will look at bringing another player in.

Pardew said: “We’ve both decided we’ll have to run to the summer, and we’ll have to look at other options if he feels he doesn’t want to stay.

“It hasn’t changed my position in terms of how I see him, it’s just business. If he doesn’t sign, we’ll look at someone else.”

Simpson is keen to commit his long-term future to the club, but wants a deal that reflects his contribution to the cause over the past couple of years.

The 24-year-old has two and a half years left on the contract he signed in January last year after moving from Manchester United.

Don't think so. Can see us looking elsewhere (France, basically :lol: ) and Simpson sold while he has some worth. Maybe not January with the lack of defensive bodies, but I'd be extremely surprised if he's not gone in the summer of 2012.

I'm just thinking that he might not be able to do better than us atm (QPR/Villa have been mentioned as alternatives to us), so he may just back down. We'll see.

http://www.football365.com/newcastle-united/7388990/Simpson-keen-to-stay-with-Toon

Simpson keen to stay with Toon

Newcastle full-back Danny Simpson has again underlined his desire to stay at St James' Park despite rejecting their latest contract offer.

Last Updated: 20/12/11 at 16:44

The 24-year-old has just 18 months remaining on his present deal and has been involved in talks to extend his contract with Magpies officials for some time now.

Simpson, though, has not allowed his focus to dip during this period and has been one of Alan Pardew's most consistent performers this term.

Concern among the Newcastle fans had risen that he may opt to leave the club next month, with QPR and Fulham casting admiring glances his way, however, for Simpson the situation remains clear.

"I don't want to leave this club, I love it at Newcastle," he told Sky Sports.

"I've said it before and I'll say it again, I love it up here and I'm enjoying my time regularly. I'm settled up here with my family now.

"The team are doing well; it's a massive, massive club. We get 50,000 every week and my form has been good. Why would I want to leave?

"I know the manager wants me to stay and I want to stay too. I'm confident that we will get something sorted in the summer because we both want the same things.

"People are getting a bit worked up because the contract has not been signed yet, but these things take time to finalise.

"It's just a little bit disappointing that news of my talks have come out but deals are never done quickly."

Newcastle are currently seventh in the table and the former Manchester United defender hopes they continue that impressive form in 2012.

Simpson helped the Magpies to a 1-1 draw at Old Trafford last month and is looking forward to the visit of his former club on January 4 - the day of his 25th birthday.

He added: "It should be a great game with all my friends and family coming so that is something to look forward to for me.

"We put in a great performance at Old Trafford. We have not set ourselves any targets this season but after the start we have had, it would be disappointing not to finish in the top 10."

Guest VaVaVoom

He really is a rent-a-quote.

Wish he would just shut up.

and fuck off.....i hate the manc twat.

He is shite and im still dreaming of Santon and Cissokho as our fullbacks...

What on Earth is to hate about him?

Perhaps his ego? He has his own website 'coming soon!', constantly retweets any mention of him in an England shirt (dream on) and he's made his own fucking app for Christ's sake. If he was actually a bit good, then this constant media-whoring of himself would be a lot less irksome.

Note how since Steven Taylor has now started looking like a very good PL defender, far less people criticise him for being the club's official soundbite machine.

Guest VaVaVoom

He's a manc....with a manc attitude/ego and quite simply i think he is shit.

Perhaps his ego? He has his own website 'coming soon!', constantly retweets any mention of him in an England shirt (dream on) and he's made his own f***ing app for Christ's sake. If he was actually a bit good, then this constant media-whoring of himself would be a lot less irksome.

Note how since Steven Taylor has now started looking like a very good PL defender, far less people criticise him for being the club's official soundbite machine.

That's crazy, like. Torn apart by Jerome Thomas and Max Gradel, and still dares to tweet that s***. :lol:

As someone who knows his adopted relatives ... more than may be obvious ... though arrogance would pretty much sum it up (forgetting your roots etc.) I won't say more because I respect the people who know more than me and won't cause them problems.

Guest VaVaVoom

As someone who knows his adopted relatives ... more than may be obvious ... though arrogance would pretty much sum it up (forgetting your roots etc.) I won't say more because I respect the people who know more than me and won't cause them problems.

What was the point in that?

Perhaps his ego? He has his own website 'coming soon!', constantly retweets any mention of him in an England shirt (dream on) and he's made his own fucking app for Christ's sake. If he was actually a bit good, then this constant media-whoring of himself would be a lot less irksome.

Fair enough, personally I don't pay attention to any of that, didn't even know about it, I just think he's done a good job for NUFC and been one of only three consistent team members in a period where we've come from right down in the doldrums to where we are now and has been a big part of the team spirit that has carried right through. He's not a great player by any stretch of the imagination but he's never hid, played nearly every game across three massive seasons for us, played out of position when asked and never been an ounce of bother despite looking like he might be a prime candidate for it on the surface. If we didn't sign footballers who were arrogant, we'd barely be able to put a squad together.

I say all this as someone who really disliked him as a player when he first arrived too, thought he was barely a Championship player but he's an average Premier League full back, which is absolutely fine for where we've been in recent times.

Just get a bit sick of people saying they hate our players, even on a personal level, who've done nothing to deserve it, Guthrie and Lovenkrands are another two examples. Now Alan Smith - there's somebody we can all be united in detesting.

Perhaps his ego? He has his own website 'coming soon!', constantly retweets any mention of him in an England shirt (dream on) and he's made his own f***ing app for Christ's sake. If he was actually a bit good, then this constant media-whoring of himself would be a lot less irksome.

Fair enough, personally I don't pay attention to any of that, didn't even know about it, I just think he's done a good job for NUFC and been one of only three consistent team members in a period where we've come from right down in the doldrums to where we are now and has been a big part of the team spirit that has carried right through. He's not a great player by any stretch of the imagination but he's never hid, played nearly every game across three massive seasons for us, played out of position when asked and never been an ounce of bother despite looking like he might be a prime candidate for it on the surface. If we didn't sign footballers who were arrogant, we'd barely be able to put a squad together.

I say all this as someone who really disliked him as a player when he first arrived too, thought he was barely a Championship player but he's an average Premier League full back, which is absolutely fine for where we've been in recent times.

Just get a bit sick of people saying they hate our players, even on a personal level, who've done nothing to deserve it, Guthrie and Lovenkrands are another two examples. Now Alan Smith - there's somebody we can all be united in detesting.

:thup:

I actually didn't mind Simpson as a player when he first arrived. He was just what we needed, ie. an actual right back after Beye left.

He did have an uncertain start to this season admittedly (which is really down to personal problems) but he has definitely improved as the season has progressed imo. As it stands, he should definitely remain the first choice RB. Perhaps he isn't the long term option but he would certainly be great back up. He's 24 so there is still some time for him to improve his game and you never know, he could develop into a great fullback in the next couple of seasons or so.

Note how since Steven Taylor has now started looking like a very good PL defender, far less people criticise him for being the club's official soundbite machine

I don't see much of an ego, as for his re-tweeting, website and his app, so what?  Even the media whoring, all he's done is put across where he is with his contract negotiations and I don't see why that should be seen as a problem as all it does it stops people making shit up about him wanting to leave.  I'm sure he was getting stick on twitter and has just tried to put an end to speculation.

It seems strange that any of the above would bother anybody.

Good point about Simpson never hiding. He might not be the best player ability wise but he always shows for the ball and gives it 100%. We still need a better rb but he's done a job since he's been here, although whether he's worth giving a big contract to I'm not sure. I'd rather spend the money on a quality left back and put Santon on the right personally. Although ideally we could keep both.

Really getting sick of his hoofing and the fact that he floats in every cross.

1 driven cross all match. Not bothered with him rejecting a contract offer from us, he can go play for someone else for all I care.