Danny Simpson (Premier League Champion)

Guest toonlass

What aspects of his defending are better? I'll start by saying Taylor gets tighter to his man when marking him, doesn't back off as much, is the calmer of the two when in tricky situations, actually makes a decent attempt to get back into position when we lose the ball up the field and is better in the air. Your turn...

QPR, Man City, Chelsea, today for the third.  Virtually every game apart from Stoke and the mackem game have been poor defensive displays from Taylor who has had Coloccini and Jonas covering his arse when he's been hiding.  You've got selective memory if you think Taylor makes a decent attempt at getting back.  How well did Taylor defend Sturridge? 

The only thing I would probably agree with you about is that Taylor doesn’t back off as much, that’s because he just gets skinned and gives up.  I would love to be able to upload some video of him defending, or not as is usually the case.

I don't think Simpson is that bad of a crosser tbh. He puts more crosses into the box than Obertan anyway which is somewhat worrying.

I think Danny can still improve on his crossing though, with Obertan misfiring (and well delivering essentially nothing into the box), we need Simpson to deliver more consistent balls tbh.

I don't expect him to beat the ball back but I do expect him to bust a bollock to get back into position, especially when losing the ball comes from his own mistake. Richards also doesn't stand pointing at his teammates blaming them for his own mistakes.

If Richards is attacking and loses the ball, whose fault is it?  He was doing it loads against Arsenal when he was trying to take the play forward.

When did Simpson point at his team mates?  It may have happened but I haven't seen him do it.

I don't think Simpson is that bad of a crosser tbh. He puts more crosses into the box than Obertan anyway which is somewhat worrying.

I think Danny can still improve on his crossing though, with Obertan misfiring (and well delivering essentially nothing into the box), we need Simpson to deliver more consistent balls tbh.

He is THAT bad imo.

He's a s*** crosser tbh, a few decent ones out of ten million doesn't change that.

Aye, such a shit crosser, just floats them in which get gobbled up by the defenders/keepers most of the time. If they do manage to get to one of our players then they struggle to do much with it because it lacks any pace

He's a s*** crosser tbh, a few decent ones out of ten million doesn't change that.

Aye, such a s*** crosser, just floats them in which get gobbled up by the defenders/keepers most of the time. If they do manage to get to one of our players then they struggle to do much with it because it lacks any pace

santon done a fair bit of that tonight. i'll check his thread and see if he's getting the same reaction.

harsh i know but true.

Aye, such a s*** crosser, just floats them in which get gobbled up by the defenders/keepers most of the time. If they do manage to get to one of our players then they struggle to do much with it because it lacks any pace

santon done a fair bit of that tonight. i'll check his thread and see if he's getting the same reaction.

harsh i know but true.

Don't recall Santon putting any crosses in

In any case the comparison is hardly fair considering Santon has hardly played for us whilst Simpson has played almost a 100 games and in that time his crossing has been mostly shite

Poor, poor player.  When he got that short corner, managed to miscontrol the ball under no pressure, eventually shift it onto his left foot and try a shot, although I'm not sure what it was as the ball just trickled to one of the 3 players closing him down.  Box was packed and we needed a goal, sums him up really.  Clueless footballer, with an awkward style.

Limited as a defender, but is solid enough most the time.  Going forward he is pretty much useless.  Seems to spend a lot of time pointing, shouting and blaming others as well. 

IF and it's a big if we got a left back, I wouldn't be arsed to see him moved on.

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone explain what this guys strengths are? I'm a bit worried we aren't looking for a new RB, what with him being offered a new contract.

And I wonder on what basis he can reject a new contract.

Guest MrSundlofer

I have nothing against Danny Simpson as a person - he seems to be a nice guy, talking to the media, not controversial etc... But, as our first team right back he needs to be replaced. We have had faith in him, but now, we really should looking for other right backs, now or in the summer.

Closing down = not existing!

Attacking movements? Absolutely nothing!?

What is his best attributes?

He seems very afraid on the pitch. Just like he don't know what to do next.

...But he's our best right back  :lol: