Danny Simpson (Premier League Champion)

Guest toonlass

What on earth was Simpson doing for the free-kick? No-one seems to know, seems like everyone had at least one person sat next to them forecasting doom as soon as he started back-pedalling, didn't help that he could have stopped the first goal if he'd stayed on his post (why did we have 6 players in the 6 yard box vs 1 liverool player?) and that he got skinned for the 3rd....all in all, a dreadful performance from Simpson...he didn't even offer much going forward with his delayed clearances (getting blocked for throw ins) and wayward passing.

Simpson will be gone in either January or the summer imo. Pardew's clearly losing patience with him re: the contract situation judging by the quotes from a few weeks back, and these p*ss poor performances will not help negotations for the silly t***. He has ideas above his station if he thinks he'll be anything but a reserve for a club better than Newcastle United, yet I'm fairly sure we'll sell him to QPR or someone and he'll be in the Championship by the close of 2013.

If no clubs will take him, I'm sure Mick will be off to the bank for a loan to make up the shortfall in his wages so he can keep him at NUFC. I've never seen such a staunch defence of a blatantly s*** player with a f***ing s*** attitude in a long time.

Yep, time to get rid. Better than Hibbert is about all I can say in favour.

Disapointin night 4 every1.. There freekick is something that is worked on in training n just went badly tonight, we do it everygame for every freekick! We r positive n time 2 take more points off utd on wed

So, he's not sorry.  Entirely Simpson's fault; it went 'badly' because of his actions alone.

First goal at Anfield last year (from .com):

United went behind to a goal that that owed as much to the the idiocy of Danny Simpson as it did to sloppy defending by Mike Williamson. A weak header from the latter to half-clear Flanagan's right wing centre. fell to Maxi Rodriguez about 14 yards out. His scuffed right-footed shot looked to be covered by Tim Krul at his near post, until Simpson inexplicably stuck out his elbow to divert the ball past his 'keeper. Had it not gone in, a penalty award seemed obvious. 0-1

:lol:

Guest neesy111

First goal at Anfield last year (from .com):

United went behind to a goal that that owed as much to the the idiocy of Danny Simpson as it did to sloppy defending by Mike Williamson. A weak header from the latter to half-clear Flanagan's right wing centre. fell to Maxi Rodriguez about 14 yards out. His scuffed right-footed shot looked to be covered by Tim Krul at his near post, until Simpson inexplicably stuck out his elbow to divert the ball past his 'keeper. Had it not gone in, a penalty award seemed obvious. 0-1

No doubt Mick was defending Simpson then as well.

Between the two full-backs, the one decent attribute is Ryan Taylor's distribution with his right-foot. That is it. Simpson has a bit of tenacity and a decent tackle in his locker, but it's been completely invisible since the Manu game.

No doubt Mick was defending Simpson then as well.

I'm not defending him in here and have said that yesterday was was easily his worst performance, I just don't think he's our current worst defender.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Would love to see Tavernier recalled and given a run

? Simpson is dogshite. Would rather play Perch right back that this poor excuse for a footballer

You just knew from the minute he started running back that it was going to be a disaster. How the f*** did he think that was a good idea? That tweet is such bullshit. Not once have we ever done that in a game before.

I can't believe he didn't even apologise in it :lol:

You just knew from the minute he started running back that it was going to be a disaster. How the f*** did he think that was a good idea? That tweet is such bullshit. Not once have we ever done that in a game before.

I can't believe he didn't even apologise in it :lol:

I know. Not impressed by that at all. If he's gonna address the fans and be a public speaker, show a bit of self-awareness and take some responsibility... don't be whining and making excuses. The free-kick aside, he had an abysmal game.

Oh and learn the fucking language, n'all.

He definitely comes across as having a swagger about him on the pitch (self ego inflation?) and when he makes such a clanger to cost us the game, comes out afterwards and goes "Well we do it all the time in training and matches!!!!!" before RT a post about people being too negative, he deserves all the shit he gets.

First thing he should be doing is holding his hands up and saying it was his fault. Then the abuse he's probably getting wouldn't be as severe.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Now you're just being stupid and talking in the heat of the moment.

Tavernier is a untested (in the top flight) youngster and really isn't the answer.

Not at all

Tavernier is everything Simpson isnt. Quick, athletic and a good footballer to boot, highlighted by thge fact he can play right midfield as well as right back. Imagine Simpson playing right wing.

Simpson is slow and not a good footballer to boot. It may have been an iffy ball to him from Cheick, but he absolutely shit himself and spooned it out of play.

For Simpson see Wayne Routledge. Not good enough and i think AP knows it, which is why they are not offering first team wages!

That why he playing with other world beaters for the likes of Carlisle and Sheffield Wednesday?

Not saying he's not good, or doesn't have the potential, but he's not ready to be thrown in at the deep end. Simple as.

Guest Rey Mysterio

The fact is, our 2 full backs should be made up from Santon and then one of Raylor, Perch or Ferguson. He's not been good enough since the day he joined us and is incredibly lucky both managers he's played under have seemed oblivious to his complete lack of ability.

Just seen the free kick on tv this morning, he could have saved himself a whole lot of grief by just heading the ball away once he ended up back on the line instead of seemingly not wanting to collide with Krul. Love to know the reason he's meant to be on the post if he's not there to clear the ball.

Btw, cringe worthy commentary when the bloke said that it was clever from Bellamy who specifically aimed at Simpson for him to head it in. Like fuck that's what he was trying.

He's on twitter complaining that some of the abuse he's been sent has been personal and included stuff about his family. Don't know why some people have to be mega twats.

Defensively he is mediocre coming on poor, and offensively he is dismal. An apprehensive wince is required when his technical brilliance tries to do something with the ball. His aimless hoofs irritate me the most, and are totally ineffective.

I don't know whether i am alone with this but i am not a fan of his attitude. The constant Re-Tweeting of praise and suggestions of an england call up, lend themselves to believe he has a inflated sense of self worth. I think he needs to get his head down on the training pitch and learn to speak properly, rather than be promoting his app and other branches of the 'Simpson brand'..... please save it lad.