Danny Simpson (Premier League Champion)

Guest toonlass

I sincerely hope the days of Raylor starting games for us are over now.

Couldn't agree more, was dreadful again the other night, can't believe people were saying otherwise.

Has been totally out of his depth against the bigger teams; he's a decent squad player and nothing more.

He's not as bad as people make him out to be. Quality RM in front of him and he'll look twice the player.

I think he gets a raw deal sometimes, but he's improved massively compared to last year and I think he's decent right back. 

It's his 3rd season playing as a regular and at 25, he'll keep on improving.

He's not as bad as people make him out to be. Quality RM in front of him and he'll look twice the player.

I think he gets a raw deal sometimes, but he's improved massively compared to last year and I think he's decent right back. 

It's his 3rd season playing as a regular and at 25, he'll keep on improving.

Every year he has improved for me, he is dedicated and gets stuck in. Don't think there are too many teams in and around us (in the Premier League) with better right backs to be fair. We have one of the best 'spines' in the league and that's what makes the difference for us, but Simpson is on par with most of the RB in the league. #tinhat

Guest VaVaVoom

He has improved every year but for me he hasnt "got it". He is just an average RB.

If he could stop backing off all the time, improve positionally AND offer some quality delivery from deep THEN i'd be happy with him. Unlikely.

So it looks like he's finally signing his new contract. I'm happy with that tbh. If anything, he's great backup if we sign a new RB in the near future otherwise, I have no problems with him starting.

He's not as bad as some people make him out to be. He's a solid enough defender imo but admittedly, his attacking play still needs to improve. With the right player in front of him, he'll be fine methinks (I mean just look at the difference having Raylor in front of him instead of Obertan!)

Very decent squad player, wouldn't be adverse to him being the 'senior' right back while we sign and blood in someone like Clyne.

Tbh Tavernier is doing a good job too isn't he? Might be competing himself.

Dont like him. Will prohibit santon moving to RB.

On what basis? If Santon is fit, performing better than Simpson and we have a quality left back I have no doubt Santon would play there.

He was fairly poor today, I thought. One or two times he nicked the ball and surged forwards to good effect, but he loses the ball far too much and is quite weak in the tackle for me. We looked much better with Ryan Taylor in his position.

Guest Howaythetoon

He was fairly poor today, I thought. One or two times he nicked the ball and surged forwards to good effect, but he loses the ball far too much and is quite weak in the tackle for me. We looked much better with Ryan Taylor in his position.

I thought the opposite, I think he was really good at both ends, especially as in front of him he had the huge obstacle that was f***ing light bulb heed. He gave the ball away needlessly once or twice but at both time there was f*** all on for him and although he tried to play hard balls, its better than simply hoofing it long. His aggressive defending pushed their left-flank back and limited Pedersen to mere corner kicking duties. He's actually been on good form for a few matches now and although no world-beater, he's more than adequate for us and is a good PL full-back.

Guest Rey Mysterio

I thought the opposite, I think he was really good at both ends, especially as in front of him he had the huge obstacle that was f***ing light bulb heed. He gave the ball away needlessly once or twice but at both time there was f*** all on for him and although he tried to play hard balls, its better than simply hoofing it long. His aggressive defending pushed their left-flank back and limited Pedersen to mere corner kicking duties. He's actually been on good form for a few matches now and although no world-beater, he's more than adequate for us and is a good PL full-back.

Never in a million years.