Danny Simpson (Premier League Champion)

Guest toonlass

He's on twitter complaining that some of the abuse he's been sent has been personal and included stuff about his family. Don't know why some people have to be mega twats.

Aye, ludicrous. Just makes the fans look like cunts.

He's on twitter complaining that some of the abuse he's been sent has been personal and included stuff about his family. Don't know why some people have to be mega twats.

Aye, ludicrous. Just makes the fans look like c***s.

Inexplicable why some people have to mention stuff about his family :facepalm:

You just knew from the minute he started running back that it was going to be a disaster. How the f*** did he think that was a good idea? That tweet is such bullshit. Not once have we ever done that in a game before.

He tried it against Rooney's free kick when we played Man Utd, leading to Utd players being right on Krul and we ended up conceding a goal from it. That made it so much more frustrating, twice now that we probably wouldn't have conceded goals if we just had faith in a keeper who is one of the best shot stoppers in the league.

You just knew from the minute he started running back that it was going to be a disaster. How the f*** did he think that was a good idea? That tweet is such bullshit. Not once have we ever done that in a game before.

He tried it against Rooney's free kick when we played Man Utd, leading to Utd players being right on Krul and we ended up conceding a goal from it. That made it so much more frustrating, twice now that we probably wouldn't have conceded goals if we just had faith in a keeper who is one of the best shot stoppers in the league.

He didn't, I've just watched it again, it's Steven Taylor who does it against Man Utd so it obviously is something that has been instructed by the manager.

My mind can't even begin to comprehend what a stupid fucking tactic that is, to let the opposition be able to stand right in front of the goalkeeper when you're facing a free kick. Staggering incompetence.

Now you're just being stupid and talking in the heat of the moment.

Tavernier is a untested (in the top flight) youngster and really isn't the answer.

Throwing him in halfway through the season when Simpson is still fit is asking a bit much but come the start of next season it should be a straight duel between them, Simpson should be guaranteed nothing.

He didn't, I've just watched it again, it's Steven Taylor who does it against Man Utd so it obviously is something that has been instructed by the manager.

My mind can't even begin to comprehend what a stupid f***ing tactic that is, to let the opposition be able to stand right in front of the goalkeeper when you're facing a free kick. Staggering incompetence.

Ah, you're right, just watched it again too. I suppose it's justifiable if you have a bad keeper, but there's no reason why Krul should need the extra support. If it's a cracking freekick then it deserves to be a goal, I would rather we concede to an inch perfect effort than handing out easy goals with shoddy tactics.

Tavernier is a untested (in the top flight) youngster and really isn't the answer.

Agreed, it's all very well that he's getting some first team experience on loan but it would be a mistake to throw him into the deep end straightaway. Tavernier struggled in pre-season imo so he's still some way from the first team really.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Agreed, it's all very well that he's getting some first team experience on loan but it would be a mistake to throw him into the deep end straightaway. Tavernier struggled in pre-season imo so he's still some way from the first team really.

Lets keep Simmo there then, he dosnt struggle at all!

Disapointin night 4 every1.. There freekick is something that is worked on in training n just went badly tonight, we do it everygame for every freekick! We r positive n time 2 take more points off utd on wed

So, he's not sorry.  Entirely Simpson's fault; it went 'badly' because of his actions alone.

how was it his fault ? a tactic the club has employed before and both he and krul bottled it, i'll blame the keeper more cos i'm old fashioned and expect the keeper to flatten any of his team to get the ball.

(or like krul/don't like simpson so blame simpson entirely ?)

how was it his fault ? a tactic the club has employed before and both he and krul bottled it, i'll blame the keeper more cos i'm old fashioned and expect the keeper to flatten any of his team to get the ball.

Has anybody other than Krul cleared off our line more than Simpson this season?  My guess is that they haven't but that seems to have been forgotten by most people.

Guest bimpy474

Tavernier is going to be a canny player, whether its too soon for him to play in the premier is possibly right, then again he cant do worse than Simpson, sometimes you stick a kid in and he takes to it like a duck to water, its depends on how much bottle Pardew has and that doesn't appear to be much if his recent selections are anything to go by.

Guest bimpy474

Has anybody other than Krul cleared off our line more than Simpson this season?  My guess is that they haven't but that seems to have been forgotten by most people.

Very true but i would like to think if anyone else playing there would be doing around about the same.

Last night was Simpson's worst performance in a NUFC shirt, no doubt. But I still think Danny isn't that bad.

The one thing that does worry me about Simpson though is his lack of progression in terms of his forward play.

I've said a number of times on here that the problem with Simpson is that he thinks he's good. He's on twitter calling Dzeko and Fabio 'pony', he's retweeting every twat who says he should be playing for England, he's on Talksport complaining because Capello doesn't come to SJP.

His game hasn't developed since we signed him 2 and a half years ago. He's not up to it, he won't improve and he won't be happy sitting on the bench. The only option is to move him on.

I'll dream of us signing Cissokho so we can play him and Santon at full back.

Let's play Harper there, because Simpson struggles LOL

Guest bimpy474

Very true but i would like to think if anyone else playing there would be doing around about the same.

I remeber Dyer was brilliant at defending a post.

I meant another RB, a defender who spots danger, not Dyer ffs :D

I've said a number of times on here that the problem with Simpson is that he thinks he's good. He's on twitter calling Dzeko and Fabio 'pony', he's retweeting every t*** who says he should be playing for England, he's on Talksport complaining because Capello doesn't come to SJP.

His game hasn't developed since we signed him 2 and a half years ago. He's not up to it, he won't improve and he won't be happy sitting on the bench. The only option is to move him on.

Totally agree, useless footballer.

I've said a number of times on here that the problem with Simpson is that he thinks he's good. He's on twitter calling Dzeko and Fabio 'pony', he's retweeting every twat who says he should be playing for England, he's on Talksport complaining because Capello doesn't come to SJP.

He isn't that bad and he isn't that good. I don't know which mediocre club has turned his head but if he thinks he's going to play for England he really is deluded. Sign the contract or fuck off already.

Part of the problem is I've never ever seen him look comfortable on the ball. When you need full backs to help develop your game from the back players like him who panic and hoof or dawdle on the ball do us no favours whatsoever.