Danny Simpson (Premier League Champion)

Guest toonlass

I don't think he's terrible, he's just very variable, and I think made to look bad by Obertan ahead of him. I'd prefer a new player there because I think we have struggled to have threat down flanks and his failings are made to show. Simpson has awful games, but decent ones too. I don't quite buy he's terrible though, he's better than Obertan, or Raylor has been at left back.

He's not the most accomplished full back, in fact adequate would probably describe him best. But he seems like a sound lad to have around the squad so I'm happy to see him stay. At least if and when he leaves we'll get a couple of million for him.

Guest Stephen927

If we were to sell him I'd prefer it to be in the summer. Don't want to be disrupting the back four too much between now and the end of the season. We should only be looking to add to it at this stage.

He has his limitations but I quite like the lad, decent player.

So limited with the ball that he's never going to be good RB for top 8-team.

People will no doubt mention Griffin, Titus, Hughes, OB1 were good enough to see us to a CL spot under SBR, but you do feel the landscape of Premier League football has changed.

Probably not a player befitting of a top eight team, but wouldn't say he's enough to single-handedly stop a top-eight finish! Still pretty young and good to have about the squad atm.

Think he's s****, personally. Still bottom 4/5 PL quality.

Wouldn't sell until we have a better full back though, obviously.

Totally agree. Would appear a few goal line clearances have affected the thinking of some.

Totally agree. Would appear a few goal line clearances have affected the thinking of some.

What was your previous username?

Not at all, would appear a few dodgy games this season have made some people forget how much he had improved.

Guest icemanblue

I was wondering that. :lol:

Cant remember if i signed up before. Not sure, couldn't tell you my username if i did so.

I was wondering that.  :lol:

Im not following...

So limited with the ball that he's never going to be good RB for top 8-team.

People will no doubt mention Griffin, Titus, Hughes, OB1 were good enough to see us to a CL spot under SBR, but you do feel the landscape of Premier League football has changed.

Probably not a player befitting of a top eight team, but wouldn't say he's enough to single-handedly stop a top-eight finish! Still pretty young and good to have about the squad atm.

That's what I meant, I don't believe no one thinks he's an asset for us and being important for us to get top-eight. Good squad player but if we take a look on our starting eleven, he's the first name along with Obertan that we should be able to strengthen. The best ability that good PL rightback has shouldn't be goalline clearances.

I might be one of the few but i think Simpson has done nothing but improve since he signed for us. I don't think he is outstanding, but certainly still worthy of a starting berth in our side and wouldn't be looking at any replacements for him but more push on with getting him tied down with a new deal. I think he gets unfair criticism the majority of the time because he is an easy target.

Guest optimistic nit

Don't think Simpson is the most naturally talented full back in the PL but his performances this season have been up there with the best of them in my opinion. compared to Ryan Taylor who defensively has been alright in some games but shocking in others, I don't think i've seen simpson put in one bad performance (although i haven't watched every game we have played). He is never going to set the world alight offensively, and he's not as good a defender as Enrique, but he is dependable and consistent and probably about the level we are currently performing to. He may not as attractive as players like Colo and Santon, but i think we have right back covered for the time being (was extremely impressed with the Simpson - Taylor right wing against man u (i think)).