Danny Simpson (Premier League Champion)

Guest toonlass

Guest neesy111

He was decent against Liverpool. He's starting to come into some form.

Since Wolves game he's been fine (still shite going forward) apart from that howler at Arsenal.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

There really aren't that many genuinely decent right backs in this league to be honest, especially not in both attack and defence.

My knowledge of world football isn't great, but it seems like a position lacking in real quality. Not sure if that's because attacking Wingers are amazingly good this generation, or if fullbacks that are any good attacking are shifted to wingers (or even if there are just a lack of really good fullbacks).

I genuinely don't think he's that bad, not nearly as bad as most on here make out anyway. He's been an ever-present in our ridiculously impressive season, that's got to count for something.

:thup:

Sagna, Ivanovic, Richards and Walker are the best in the league and way ahead of anyone else.

Other than that it's a very average at best position ability wise and Simpson is no worse than the majority.

I genuinely don't think he's that bad, not nearly as bad as most on here make out anyway. He's been an ever-present in our ridiculously impressive season, that's got to count for something.

Agree with this in a sense my problem is practically any wide player can run at him and make him look stupid and he offers no option going forward and is awful in possession.

His over-inflated opinion of himself doesn't help his cause mind.

:thup:

Sagna, Ivanovic, Richards and Walker are the best in the league and way ahead of anyone else.

Other than that it's a very average at best position ability wise and Simpson is no worse than the majority.

Ivanovic isn't a good full back. Certainly not at the lever of the other three players you listed. He's mega slow to turn, which is crucial.

Alan Hutton is a premier league right back. That says it all about the lack of quality in the position.

Ivanovic is quality only bettered by Sagna as far as premier league RB's go for me.....

I do prefer Johnson to Walker tho.

First off Tello isn't any good and now Glen Johnson ahead of Walker. You're not having a good day. :lol:

He's nowhere near as bad as some on here make out, Simpson seems to be an easy target and he gets jumped on for the slightest thing.

Completely agree with above two. One of the only Chelsea players who comes out with credit nearly every week.

And yet still one I'd target if I was playing against them. Dirty fucker too.

Sagna is the best RB in the league by a fair bit then Richards.

And Simpson is nowhere near as bad as many make out on here.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

:okay:

Yes, he's been one of Chelsea's best players for a long time.

Ivanovic is boss, one of Chelsea's most consistent performers.

Completely agree with above two. One of the only Chelsea players who comes out with credit nearly every week.

Yeah. Fuck you man.

He's nowhere near as bad as some on here make out, Simpson seems to be an easy target and he gets jumped on for the slightest thing.

Agree, it wasn't so long ago this thread was full of people saying how much he'd improved. He's not a great player, but he's not total shite either.

Ivanovic is quality only bettered by Sagna as far as premier league RB's go for me.....

First off Tello isn't any good and now Glen Johnson ahead of Walker. You're not having a good day. :lol:

Never said he isnt any good just not as good as some are hyping him and yes i have been impressed with Johnson when hes played this season despite how shite Liverpool are.

He hasnt been the defensive joke some have portrayed him in recent years and still maintained his great attacking play the Scouse c*nts have really missed him in recent weeks imo.

And yet still one I'd target if I was playing against them. Dirty f***er too.

Sagna is the best RB in the league by a fair bit then Richards.

And Simpson is nowhere near as bad as many make out on here.

I said the same think but in hindsight, it's not just on here it also seems to be on the internet in general, friends and people at work rarely have anything bad to say about him.

Aye. When we happen to lose, he is one of the first to be made into a scapegoat (see the Arsenal game). Now we're on a good run of form the general consensus is that he's a reasonable enough full-back.

Obviously, we'd need to look to replace if we want to eventually aim for top 4, but he's done a good job for us this season.

Never said he isnt any good just not as good as some are hyping him and yes i have been impressed with Johnson when hes played this season despite how shite Liverpool are.

He hasnt been the defensive joke some have portrayed him in recent years and still maintained his great attacking play the Scouse c*nts have really missed him in recent weeks imo.

Can't agree with that, think he's been the same Glen Johnson defensively as every other year.