Danny Simpson (Premier League Champion)

Guest toonlass

Guest sicko2ndbest

he's shit

If Jerome Thomas can roast him i hold out no hope for what a Bellamy, Giggs, Young, Modric could do to him

Short sighted

I'm still undecided on this one. He's been alright the whole season, but Monday night he was abysmal.

Really hope he develops into a PL and i have no doubt he has the potential too, however he has already proven that he can be useful in coming years at least as a backup.

His loan is due up on Jan 18th, his contract expires at Man U in the summer. Should we whack in a bid for him in January?

Of course, it would be stupid not to. - 193 (54.1%)

No way, we have Ryan Taylor to play at RB - 7 (2%)

Unsure - 27 (7.6%)

Try and get him on a longer loan spell - 80 (22.4%)

Wait until summer and see if we can get him on a free - 50 (14%)

Total Voters: 357

Poll reset.

Not overly impressed with him to be honest. Been poor in quite a few games this year, and a 3 and a half year deal seems stupid when another 6 month loan would do surely.

At least we're off and running in the transfer market though.

I highly doubt Man Utd would have sanctioned that. 3/4 year deals are pretty standard for a player of his age.

If reports are to be believed he's cost a minimal fee and he's on minimal wages. No he's not the best right back out there but he'll do for the time being and it gives us a chance to focus on strengthening other positions.

Pretty much this.

A decent defender, but a very limited footballer.

We need a right back who's better than Ryan Taylor and he's definately that.  I'm not sure we could have picked up anyone better with the amount of money we'll be spending.  Added bonus that he's already familiar with playing in our back four as well.

If reports are to be believed he's cost a minimal fee and he's on minimal wages. No he's not the best right back out there but he'll do for the time being and it gives us a chance to focus on strengthening other positions.

:undecided:

Guest toonlass

I wonder if the fact that his contract hadn't been sorted out on Monday unsettled him a wee bit? I think he will be ok for us in this league, and seeing that a load of people thought that we should be signing up a striker who hasn't played above League 1 I can't see why a lad who has played 22 games for us and been part of a really good defence is a bad signing. Kneejerk from one bad game.

I wonder if the fact that his contract hadn't been sorted out on Monday unsettled him a wee bit? I think he will be ok for us in this league, and seeing that a load of people thought that we should be signing up a striker who hasn't played above League 1 I can't see why a lad who has played 22 games for us and been part of a really good defence is a bad signing. Kneejerk from one bad game.

You can't ignore the fact that he was utterly bummed by a mediocre winger the other night which is worrying if we go up, but he's pretty young and will hopefully improve.

It wasn't long ago that most were saying our back five was the only part of our team that was truly capable of competing in the Premier League. He was part of that. :thup:

Yep there's some right fucking idiots in here like.  Decent signing, I'd have been worried had we needed to drop Ryan Taylor into right back, or even worse Geremi.  Simpsons solid enough for this league and who knows, he might become a decent Premiership player, if not sell him on.

You can't ignore the fact that he was utterly bummed by a mediocre winger the other night which is worrying if we go up, but he's pretty young and will hopefully improve.

It wasn't long ago that most were saying our back five was the only part of our team that was truly capable of competing in the Premier League. He was part of that. :thup:

He was beaten by a very quick and energetic winger with absolutely no cover what so ever.  Plenty of decent Premiership right backs would have been given problems against Thomas that night given a total lack of help from their right midfielder.

Like all of our back 4, except possibly Enrique, he struggles against pace.

he's shit

If Jerome Thomas can roast him i hold out no hope for what a Bellamy, Giggs, Young, Modric could do to him

Short sighted

We can't afford a right back who could handle them though  :undecided: Bellamy tore apart a Manchester United (you know current champions and that) right back the other day, who did you expect us to sign?