Danny Simpson (Premier League Champion)

Guest toonlass

His booking was a joke mind his first tacjle and straight in the book....

It was the clearest booking you'll ever see. Coming from behind and kicking someone in the back of the knee when they have the ball at their feet is basically asking the ref for a yellow card.

Someone should show him a tape of Zabaleta's performance today. Then he can at least attempt to defend properly even if he has got the ability of a 12 year old on the ball.

I think that's incredibly harsh on 12 year old's.

Guest hobshobs

Why didn't Zabaleta get booked for exactly the same foul on Jonas(?) then?

Because the clown is running Ashley Young close for the cheating, diving b****** of the year award. These backflips he continually produces are laughable.

Because the clown is running Ashley Young close for the cheating, diving b****** of the year award. These backflips he continually produces are laughable.

Jonas actually goes down when there's contact. I've barely ever seen him go down without being touched. Pretty useless comparison.

Guest hobshobs

Jonas actually goes down when there's contact. I've barely ever seen him go down without being touched. Pretty useless comparison.

Evert time he's protecting the ball and someone goes behind him he catupults himself up into the air and produces a backflip. I've got it in Sky Plus if you really need to put it up on youtube for you. Not once, at least half a dozen different times this season. He is a cheat mate

Evert time he's protecting the ball and someone goes behind him he catupults himself up into the air and produces a backflip. I've got it in Sky Plus if you really need to put it up on youtube for you. Not once, at least half a dozen different times this season. He is a cheat mate

He's not a cheat. There's a difference between being clever, using your body well and drawing in the foul and actually winning a foul without any contact made. I agree, he can be theatrical, but he's good at winning fouls (without diving).

Guest hobshobs

He's not a cheat. There's a difference between being clever, using your body well and drawing in the foul and actually winning a foul without any contact made. I agree, he can be theatrical, but he's good at winning fouls (without diving).

"winning a foul without any contact made" - Oh Christ I give up on this one. Right out the Pardew book of utterly stupid quotes.

"winning a foul without any contact made" - Oh Christ I give up on this one. Right out the Pardew book of utterly stupid quotes.

Er...what? :lol: Should I just have called it diving or cheating? Simulation, perhaps? Jonas isn't a cheat. He's simply clever at making the most of stupid opponents. The fouls he wins are often very valuable in the sense that he relieves the pressure or puts us in a good position for a set piece......but we wont go there. Not tonight.

Guest hobshobs

Er...what? :lol: Should I just have called it diving or cheating? Simulation, perhaps? Jonas isn't a cheat. He's simply clever at making the most of stupid opponents. The fouls he wins are often very valuable in the sense that he relieves the pressure or puts us in a good position for a set piece......but we wont go there. Not tonight.

So effectively you could change the word Jonas in the above and replace it with Ashley Young. Either way Jonas is a cheat.

Wasn't at the game but that little piece of analysis they did about how good Nelson was at clearing away our crosses on match of the day was just wave after wave of shocking crosses by Jonas and santon. Each one soft and to the front post.

Marveaux on the left please.

Guest bimpy474

Wasn't at the game but that little piece of analysis they did about how good Nelson was at clearing away our crosses on match of the day was just wave after wave of shocking crosses by Jonas and santon. Each one soft and to the front post.

Also the players they showed were running back toward their goal, of course they would be off balance if the ball was pulled back.

Nelson was static and have time to plant his feet and get his balance as each cross was hit nicely straight at him by us.

Also the players they showed were running back toward their goal, of course they would be off balance if the ball was pulled back.

Nelson was static and have time to plant his feet and get his balance as each cross was hit nicely straight at him by us.

This should probably be in the football pet hates. I wonder how long it took them to dig out those examples of players off balance to then go use them as an invalid comparison.

Might as well of shown clips of cricket and said "Look how the fielders failed to get in the way of the ball. Now watch Nelson."

Guest bimpy474

This should probably be in the football pet hates. I wonder how long it took them to dig out those examples of players off balance to then go use them as an invalid comparison.

Might as well of shown clips of cricket and said "Look how the fielders failed to get in the way of the ball. Now watch Nelson."

Aye, they find the clips to back up their point, falsely in many occasions. Its easy to find a clip to suit.

Its been a bit of thing with Pardew for me, he loves to tell us when the stats back him up, but he seems to ignore that we are the longest passes and least to play the shortest, he doesn't like those being pointed out.

Probably one of the worst full-back performances I've ever seen today. Positionally he just has no idea. The amount of times he gets caught inside looking lost is ridiculous, when he pushes forward he never tracks back and EVERY SINGLE time he gives the player three yards to cross the ball. Does he ever attend training? If so, are they not telling him these basic defending principals for a laugh? The amount of time he plays someone onside the stops as if to say 'well if I stop he must be offside' make me want to tear my hair out. And going forward I'd rather have Williamson trying to hit a cross. He's just utterly fucking useless. If he isn't replaced in January (I'd probably take a mannequin from John Lewis) after he moves to QPR for £80k a week then I'd be staggered. I'm amazed we don't have a 14 year old in one of the youth teams who isn't better than him. Just shit.