Danny Simpson (Premier League Champion)

Guest toonlass

The moment that sums up how turd he is was when Tiote passed the ball to him from about 20 yards, at a moderate pace and he failed to control it and conceded a throw in, he then makes a point to Tiote that it was a daft pass. Horrid footballer and it's a disgrace we haven't upgraded

I was just about to post about that exact same incident. I thought to myself, if this was a continental team the player would thrive on taking a pass from a midfielder rather than whinge about receiving a perfectly good ball. A player with such a poor grasp of football has no place at a club like this. Time for him to fuck off to Norwich or Notts Forest - whichever shitbag team wants to pay him 20k basically.

Might as well have played Tulisa at RB tonight.

I can still remember his peformance against Arsenal at the Emirates in the 2010/11 season, he was really good that day. From witnessing that to witnessing tonight's performance, urgh, what a fucking shame.

We can do better than him and let's hope we bring a new RB in next month eh?

Might as well have played Tulisa at RB tonight.

I can still remember his peformance against Arsenal at the Emirates in the 2010/11 season, he was really good that day. From witnessing that to witnessing tonight's performance, urgh, what a fucking shame.

We can do better than him and let's hope we bring a new RB in next month eh?

I don't think he has regressed since then, he has just not improved and was never good enough. You could swap the name Simpson for Tiote and it would apply tho.

Can't blame him for being first choice RB at the club for so long, just shows the lack of ambition from the club. Similar position to Willo really, out of his depth, but with more of a shitbag attitude. Such an obvious weakness in the squad, if we come out of another window with him it'll be a pathetic showing from the board.

I like Simmo but we are crying out for a right back who can cross, not only will we improve on a position but our attacks won't all come down the left hand side when Ben Arfa isn't playing. There are so many times when we hit a cross ball to Simmo, he has loads of space to attack but he turns back and plays the easy ball back to the midfield, attacking momentum gone.

He has improved his attacking game for sure, almost looks dangerous from time to time. What little he had to cling unto defensively, however, has been completely lost.

His attacking game was rubbish I thought. He just floated in hopeful crosses not aimed at anyone in particular.

He has improved his attacking game for sure, almost looks dangerous from time to time. What little he had to cling unto defensively, however, has been completely lost.

That's because teams have started giving him the entire right side of the field to do what the hell he likes with because they know there is absolutely zero end product there.

No... his attacking game has not improved.

It hasn't but he is getting the ball more in space which can make it look like it has improved, rather than the full back getting tight on him and him just passing it back to the centre half.

He's being given free license to cross the ball and can't even manage it under no pressure. Frankly it's embarrassing.

I think Wullie's right with this one. If I was an opposition manager I would just tell my team to pretend Simpson wasn't playing.

With him and Cisse down our right, it's a wonder they bother with a left back at all tbh.