Danny Simpson (Premier League Champion)

Guest toonlass

Guest Randy Savage

He was what, 18, 19?

Thought he was 20.

He just didn't stand out at all, unlike Evans who looked a cut above. My dad's hero was Charlie Hurley and he said he saw some of Charlie's traits in Evans, who unfortnately seems to have stagnated at Man Utd due to not being given a decent run in the team.

Cissokho and a forward with pace and anticipation would be a perfect January window... Worrying that Pardew was having concerns after the Fulham game that the forward was less likely going to happen... almost admitting Best scoring 2 made the board have a re-think...

I'm actually starting to really hate Danny Simpson.

“All I have to worry about is training well and playing well, and of course picking up points in matches like we have been.

“Until that’s not happening I shouldn’t be passing up my shirt any time soon.

As quoted in today's Chronicle. He actually thinks he's playing well. It's literally insane.

He really thinks he's a top class right back and its supported by his inane ramblings about England call ups. England may be shit, but Danny Simpson is still miles away from playing for them.

I pray to god we ditch him in January and replace him with someone with a modicum of ability on the ball. I hate nothing more than seeing a football player be scared of the ball.

Must be just me who doesn't think he's been particularly rubbish. Average, could be better, but not the holocaust some have made out. I'm not worried about him tbh.

:thup: spot on. Now that Raylor has confounded the doomsayers, they need to find a new point of attack.

Must be just me who doesn't think he's been particularly rubbish. Average, could be better, but not the holocaust some have made out. I'm not worried about him tbh.

Same.

Though tbf he has played quite poorly recently - was atrocious against Scunny but improved against Fulham imo (still some dodgyness here and there but nowt too serious). He can do so much better but all in all I still have confidence in the lad.

:thup: spot on. Now that Raylor has confounded the doomsayers, they need to find a new point of attack.

Yep, I understand the constant strive for improvement but that doesn't mean a constant strive to attack he weakest.

Yep, I understand the constant strive for improvement but that doesn't mean a constant strive to attack he weakest.

Guest CheickMansour

The vitriol directed at Simpson has been baffling, to say the least. As BlueStar says, he's just a very average player. He doesn't stand out to me as being particularly good or bad.

http://www.sundaysun.co.uk/sport/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2011/09/11/full-back-simmo-s-contract-talks-break-down-79310-29399117/

Full-back Simmo’s contract talks break down

Sep 11 2011 by Mark Douglas, Sunday Sun

NEWCASTLE United have made Danny Simpson a take-it-or-leave-it five-year contract offer – but the right-back won’t be signing it.

Negotiations on a new deal for Simpson have broken down after United’s original offer was too low to persuade the defender to commit his long-term future.

The Sunday Sun understands that United won’t alter the terms of the deal so the two parties have hit stalemate, with Simpson now prepared to play out the final two years of his contract and hope to persuade the Toon hierarchy to change their minds. Interest from QPR and Celtic in the defender persists.

Despite the contract negotiations breaking down, Alan Pardew insists Simpson still has a big future at the club.

The Toon chief insists the former Manchester United man won’t be forced out – but has warned he will need to battle to retain his place in the side.

“He’s got a future here but he’s got a fight on his hands because Ryan Taylor has done terrific at left-back and now we’ve got Santon who can play both positions. So he needs to play well now,” he said.

“I don’t know where the stuff about Danny Simpson (leaving) came from.

“It’s totally untrue as far as I’m concerned, anyway.”

No matter how highly people rate Simpson, it's getting out of hand how incapable we are at agreeing new contracts with players. Boils down to an unwillingness to pay the going rate. It's worrying really and makes me think there will be little chance of agreeing a new deal for Coloccini at the end of this season.

No matter how highly people rate Simpson, it's getting out of hand how incapable we are at agreeing new contracts with players. Boils down to an unwillingness to pay the going rate. It's worrying really and makes me think there will be little chance of agreeing a new deal for Coloccini at the end of this season.

I don't think you can use Simpson to make this point, Coloccini is a different matter. Simpson is an average full back at best and I don't think it's a good idea handing him a lucrative contract for five years. Let him see out his contract and if he improves we can improve the offer. I would hope by then we will have better quality in that position anyway.

:thup:

This is a player they, themselves, signed only 2 years ago, in the Championship. He's not going to be on anything massive. My immediate thoughts on the guy, although I know I can't be sure, is that he doesn't seem like the type of guy who's going to throw ridiculous demands at them. Most of the others are debateable as to how and why they ended up leaving with contract talks breaking down. What the hell kind of excuse are they going to give for this one?

Problem is that shit players demand to be paid handsomely. Simpson is not hard to replace. He's not capable of hitting a semi-difficult pass, his technique is mediocre at best, and he hoofs the ball if he's under the slightest of pressure. Why pay too much if you know it's possible to buy a younger player with the same skills who will settle for less salary and probably has a potential to become a better player than Simpson. If the latter is not capable of understanding he  -like Shola and Loven -  will be a squad player in the future and that his salary must reflect that, he must be sold. Ask yourself what you would have done in an identical position. You don't want to pay good money for a shit product, it's as simple as that.

Agree and Simpson will not be on a big wage in the first place.  I do not understand why they are so inflexible and it is always a case of "take it or leave it".  You can understand the big wage earners struggling to agree new contracts but not a player like Simpson.  I guess also it is an indication that they don't think they will make much money on him when he is sold so there is no point in tying him up for a longer period.

What concerns me is that Colo is on a reported 80k a week. We have shown a number if times now that we are either lowering wages or offering the same terms when it comes to new contacts. There's no way on earth we'll sanction a 80k a week new deal and will be expecting our captain to take a big hit on his wages.

Make no mistake, he'll be off next summer.

Problem is that shit players demand to be paid handsomely. Simpson is not hard to replace. He's not capable of hitting a semi-difficult pass, his technique is mediocre at best, and he hoofs the ball if he's under the slightest of pressure. Why pay too much if you know it's possible to buy a younger player with the same skills who will settle for less salary and probably has a potential to become a better player than Simpson. If the latter is not capable of understanding he  -like Shola and Loven -  will be a squad player in the future and that his salary must reflect that, he must be sold.

I think that's right. Players think they can be paid extra just because they are playing for a club like Newcastle, when they probably should be playing for a lower tier club in reality. If they could still make those demands at say Bolton and get their way then fair play.

What concerns me is that Colo is on a reported 80k a week. We have shown a number if times now that we are either lowering wages or offering the same terms when it comes to new contacts. There's no way on earth we'll sanction a 80k a week new deal and will be expecting our captain to take a big hit on his wages.

Make no mistake, he'll be off next summer.

Yeah, that's been said quite a few times. Let's just wait and see. No need to be spouting that s*** over and over again.

Problem is that s*** players demand to be paid handsomely. Simpson is not hard to replace. He's not capable of hitting a semi-difficult pass, his technique is mediocre at best, and he hoofs the ball if he's under the slightest of pressure. Why pay too much if you know it's possible to buy a younger player with the same skills who will settle for less salary and probably has a potential to become a better player than Simpson. If the latter is not capable of understanding he  -like Shola and Loven -  will be a squad player in the future and that his salary must reflect that, he must be sold. Ask yourself what you would have done in an identical position. You don't want to pay good money for a s*** product, it's as simple as that.

:thup: