Danny Simpson (Premier League Champion)

Guest toonlass

No matter how highly people rate Simpson, it's getting out of hand how incapable we are at agreeing new contracts with players. Boils down to an unwillingness to pay the going rate. It's worrying really and makes me think there will be little chance of agreeing a new deal for Coloccini at the end of this season.

:sadnod:

If we plan on keeping him (which clearly we are, or we wouldn't offer him anything in the first place) then why wouldn't we?

He's not on big wages, so on that basis he's probably worth keeping as cover. But once he starts asking for a bigger salary then we can probably do better for the same money. I don't see what's wrong with that approach.

Sounds like a greedy c***, get rid.

would you be happy if Simpson was our RB for the next 5 years?

wouldn't mind him being a squad player over next 5 years tbh

:nods:

But I've said it before and I'll say it again, I'm still hoping he'll turn into a great RB....

But I've said it before and I'll say it again, I'm still hoping he'll turn into a great RB....

Hope he does too, seems a good lad though I'd settle for good all round rb, one of the things about rbs in the prem is the overall lack of a great one every one of the normal ones is either just good or is great at one thing but rubbish at another part of being a rb

Fair enough, but I've been hoping for what's now just more than a decade that Ameobi turns into a great centre forward. But it's just not going to happen.

That is never going to happen. He is 24 and he is shit scared when in possession of the ball, he struggles to control anything more than a basic pass, he can't beat a defender and his passing is usually a 5 yarder or a long aimless punt upfield. He is a very limited right back, at best he is decent defensively BUT he won't ever be a great RB, not even close

That is never going to happen. He is 24 and he is s*** scared when in possession of the ball, he struggles to control anything more than a basic pass, he can't beat a defender and his passing is usually a 5 yarder or a long aimless punt upfield. He is a very limited right back, at best he is decent defensively BUT he won't ever be a great RB, not even close

Time will tell I guess, just going to have to see how this season goes for him. We'll/I'll be able to make a proper judgement on him come May time.

Must be just me who doesn't think he's been particularly rubbish. Average, could be better, but not the holocaust some have made out. I'm not worried about him tbh.

:thup: spot on. Now that Raylor has confounded the doomsayers, they need to find a new point of attack.

howay stu, raylor hasnt done anything unexpected. scored two important free kicks and looked average, apart from arsenal where he looked terrible. this is going too far now.

it's pretty obvious why Simpson's getting stick, he's been the weak link recently. obvious loven's been worse but that's expected, i think Simpson's getting attention because his form seems to have changed, although personally i think there's more to it than meets the eye, enrique not being there to stop crosses coming in isnt helping him for a start.

Just been told from a reliable source that Danny Simpson was indeed - at one stage on transfer deadline day -  in a taxi on his way to Newcastle Airport to catch a plane to East Midlands. He indicated to the taxi driver he didn't want to leave, was settled here (just had a baby) etc etc.  It was called off before he boarded the aircraft.

That would substantiate his bizarre comments in fridays chronicle that he relishes the 'healthy competition' with Santon for the right back slot.

Ryan Taylor and Ferguson for left back and Simpson and Santon for right back ???????????????? 

Goner be another interesting one to see where this Santon actually plays.

Sounds like a greedy cunt, get rid.

I'm sure if he can accept a squad player's salary then everyone all round will be happy. It's just some people seem to be under the impression he deserves a much better contract because the board are a bunch of tight fisted cunts and this just goes to prove it. I think you could use the better players leaving to make that point but using someone as mediocre as Simpson is just sticking the boot in when it's not even applicable.

Solid sums it up. Put in a couple of very good crosses and saved our bacon on the line, which I suppose was his job anyway. No real complaints.

He did enough to relegate Ryan Taylor back the the abyss.

Much better.

Solid sums it up. Put in a couple of very good crosses and saved our bacon on the line, which I suppose was his job anyway. No real complaints.

He did enough to relegate Ryan Taylor back the the abyss.

:thup: