Danny Simpson (Premier League Champion)

Guest toonlass

If we had the resources I'd say give him 2 or 3 weeks off. He needs it. He doesn't seem like the most resolute of characters, nice guy, but not thick skinned. He'll be kacking himself about his kid and the arguments with his wife, he won't be able to 'turn off' from that for training and matches etc. Shame for him as he is the next player in line in the team to be upgraded, timing is terrible. He deserves more from us as fans though. We're applauded up and down the country for being supportive fans, that needs to be the same for players with problems as well as those playing well.

Reading a lot of the comments on here, especially about the likes of Simpson, we sound like a bunch of internet geeks happy to rip in to players and call them worse than s****. f***ing dispicible sometimes. He's still our RB and if he's down about whatever then we are exposed at RB in games. Isn't it our job to help strengthen/improve performances through support? Or get giddy and excited about being c***s and making him feel even worse therefore being even weaker at RB, then he makes more mistakes so we slate him more.

Canny pathetic imo.

Alright up there, mate?

None of this has been personal, at least from me. He's obviously a good lad, and I even follow him on the Twitter. But, I just don't think he's a very good footballer. I'm not going to sugar coat that because he's having a rough time.

It's not aimed at anyone in particular, but a lot of people seem to jump at the chance to call someone a cunt or a like. Of course he's not a very good footballer, that's surely not in question, but like I said, he still starts for us, and the 'fans' acting like children towards him isn't going to do us any favours.

where are they?

Surprised by his comments to be honest. I would've thought he'd be one that we'd look to retain; young and cheap and - current form aside - still time to improve.

I don't know the ins and outs of it, obviously, but i'd say there's a fair chance something external is affecting his performances on the pitch. Although he's never been a world-beater, he's never been this poor and has generally been a fairly reliable 6/10-er, with obvious foibles. But he's getting the simple stuff wrong at the moment and his old issues (positioning/reluctance to tackle) are even worse.

Don't mind him as a player, though. He's been a decent servant to the club and went through spells last season where he was actually playing quite well. Never been enough of an attacking threat for me though, and that's without even analysing his dodgy positional sense. Although i wouldn't be disappointed to see him upgraded on, i wouldn't be looking to 'one-in-one-out' him. Another good squad player to have.

As long as he doesn't understand that he has to improve and get rid of his failures he will never improve.  When he's 24 and still hasn't understood it i can't see him improving.

Guest icemanblue

I also don't buy this stuff about him being a decent lad based on his Twitter, what with the way he went on about Fabio. A player who Simpson will never be as good as.

And Dzeko.

Been a fairly good servant and the criticism he has received is ott. Seems a nice fella too.

:thup:

Would be a shame if he does leave imo. His personal problems this year seem to be taking its toll on Simpson so it doesn't seem as if he's in the right mindset for football.

But he may very well still be able step it up by January/the end of the season. If not, he's still decent enough back up imho but if he wants to leave, can't really stop him.

(His claims of "financial hardship" are silly ones to make btw).

Guest Rey Mysterio

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/north-east-news/evening-chronicle-news/2011/10/19/danny-simpson-in-driving-ban-despite-baby-plea-72703-29621783/

Most interesting part:

Simpson said in terms of his future at Newcastle, he was fully expecting to be put on the transfer list. He said: “There is a chance in the future that I will be moving, whether in the transfer window in January or in the summer.

“I have 18 months’ life on my contract and I don’t think it will go past that.”

Get in.

Some football fans are really selfish the article is very sad... He is having trouble times in his privet life. Even though he is in the first team in the last couple of season he can not extend his contract and he is reaching 25. I felt bad for Danny.

@dannysimpson12 Danny Simpson

Don't believe everything u read, things get taken out of context! Very happy at Newcastle n I'm staying

2 minutes ago via UberSocial for BlackBerry

How does what he said get taken out of context ffs? :lol:

@dannysimpson12 Danny Simpson

Don't believe everything u read, things get taken out of context! Very happy at Newcastle n I'm staying

2 minutes ago via UberSocial for BlackBerry

How does what he said get taken out of context ffs? :lol:

Because the context is a court room where he is trying to stop his car from getting taken off the road. Everything he say's is right, but some parts are going to be 'worst case' for effect.

I 'might' have to look for a new contract soon and will need my car for that. In fact I may well be gone this next very window m'lud!

Seems to be a good person and to really like it at Newcastle. Would keep him as a squad player, but depsite his improvement last season I think we could do a lot better.

One issue though will be another English player out of the starting line up, important to keep some sort of English core in the team. Soon enough Taylor, Gosling and Best will be the only ones close to first team action.