Given and Bellamy on way out of City?

Jordan

Despite our differences, Bellamy's best memories must be here.  He's never settled anywhere since he left, and thought Man City would be his first.

Coventry - 1 year, Newcastle - 3.5 years (+ Celtic .5 year), Blackburn - 1 year, Liverpool - 1 year, West Ham 1.5 years, Man City?

If he could settle somewhere he could do so well.  Wouldn't comeback of course, at least in our situation.  Were the texts def. true?

Every second permanent transfer there is a step up to be fair.

Not overall.  He's gone from top 3/4 with Newcastle to upper-mid table since, with 1 year back in the top 4.

Eh?

Coventry to Newcastle = step up

Blackburn to Liverpool = step up

West Ham to Man City = step up

He's a top quality player who has turned out far better than the manager who ditched him here ever thought he would.

Yes, but an overall trajectory of decline since Newcastle.  Man City, West Ham and Blackburn are obviously in worse positions, and his 1 year at Liverpool, equal (but with less game time).

:nope:

Contrast that with our fortunes since then?

He had a fantastic season at Blackburn which got him his move to Liverpool, and did well enough at West Ham to earn a move to Man City.  You say he's doing no better there, but he's arguably their best player despite the money they've spent and has been one of the best players in the Premier League this season.

What?

I said his every second move on that list was a move up and you challenged it, now your post above is agreeing with me.

I was just pointing out that it wasn't a cumulative step up every other club.

For example, every other could mean    5,4,6,5,7,6,8, but it's more like 8,7,8,6,7

So which one do you disagree with?

He's done far better for himself that we have since he left.

Really don't see how you can compare us playing in the championship now with Bellamy's career since he left and say he hasn't done as well for himself.

FFS, I can't be arsed anymore.  I didn't compare that, and I didn't dispute any of those individual step ups.  Are you reading my posts? Do you not understand some of my words or something?  You seem intent on creating an argument.

I'm going to type this, and if you don't understand it, then it's not worth asking me anymore:

Bellamy-era Newcastle > Current Man City

Although he's improved every other club, the net result has been a drop.  This does not mean to say he would have been better staying at Newcastle or he's declined as a player.  He's improved every other team, but the cumulative process has been a drop.  If you imagine it as a line graph, it will oscillate, but since (and including Newcastle), every other point is lower and the first point is higher than the last, despite the fact the last point is an increase from the previous one.  Like how I attempted to crudely represent with underscores and then numbers.

what point are you trying to make?

He's rating Bellamy for the performance of the teams he's played in as a whole rather than reviewing his own performances, I think, whilst saying at the same time you can't compare how those clubs have compared to our team in the same period.

Despite our differences, Bellamy's best memories must be here.  He's never settled anywhere since he left, and thought Man City would be his first.

Coventry - 1 year, Newcastle - 3.5 years (+ Celtic .5 year), Blackburn - 1 year, Liverpool - 1 year, West Ham 1.5 years, Man City?

If he could settle somewhere he could do so well.  Wouldn't comeback of course, at least in our situation.  Were the texts def. true?

Not overall.  He's gone from top 3/4 with Newcastle to upper-mid table since, with 1 year back in the top 4.

Eh?

He's a top quality player who has turned out far better than the manager who ditched him here ever thought he would.

Yes, but an overall trajectory of decline since Newcastle.  Man City, West Ham and Blackburn are obviously in worse positions, and his 1 year at Liverpool, equal (but with less game time).

He had a fantastic season at Blackburn which got him his move to Liverpool, and did well enough at West Ham to earn a move to Man City.  You say he's doing no better there, but he's arguably their best player despite the money they've spent and has been one of the best players in the Premier League this season.

What?

I said his every second move on that list was a move up and you challenged it, now your post above is agreeing with me.

For example, every other could mean    5,4,6,5,7,6,8, but it's more like 8,7,8,6,7

Really don't see how you can compare us playing in the championship now with Bellamy's career since he left and say he hasn't done as well for himself.

FFS, I can't be arsed anymore.  I didn't compare that, and I didn't dispute any of those individual step ups.  Are you reading my posts? Do you not understand some of my words or something?  You seem intent on creating an argument.

I'm going to type this, and if you don't understand it, then it's not worth asking me anymore:

Although he's improved every other club, the net result has been a drop.  This does not mean to say he would have been better staying at Newcastle or he's declined as a player.  He's improved every other team, but the cumulative process has been a drop.  If you imagine it as a line graph, it will oscillate, but since (and including Newcastle), every other point is lower and the first point is higher than the last, despite the fact the last point is an increase from the previous one.  Like how I attempted to crudely represent with underscores and then numbers.

I merely pointed out that though he's improved every other club (club-wise), overall, he hasn't since leaving Newcastle.  He's gone from top 4 to not, now.  It wasn't a major point, but seems to be taken for some reason as suggesting that he should have stayed here or something.

Eh?

What?

No I'm not.  I'm saying that he hasn't gone on to better things since leaving here, despite the fact he's improved.  He was a top 4 player, now he's not, basically.

He's rating Bellamy for the performance of the teams he's played in as a whole rather than reviewing his own performances, I think, whilst saying at the same time you can't compare how those clubs have compared to our team in the same period.

No I'm not.  I'm saying that he hasn't gone on to better things since leaving here, despite the fact he's improved.  He was a top 4 player, now he's not, basically.

It shouldn't have required a debate.  I've said nor meant nothing more than that.

Eh?

What?

It shouldn't have required a debate.

Yes you are then. :lol:

Eh?

What?

I'm not rating Bellamy for that, I'm just pointing it out! God!

And unless you're a complete moron, you think the same as me, as it's a fact.

Guest optimistic nit

Eh?

What?

It shouldn't have required a debate.  I've said nor meant nothing more than that.

man city and liverpool are as top 4 as you can really get though, both those clubs were supposed to be within a chance of winning the title when he was there, we wern't when he was here. that said i'd say his time at newcastle football wise were his best years if he had been able to stay fitter, although that will change if he finishes this season like he started it. my biggest post robson annoyance (beating the sale of given, solano etc... has been that we sold craig bellamy for tuppence just when we'd managed to get him fit for the first time in his career with us.

Eh?

What?

You're basing your whole fucking argument around it man. :lol: :jesuswept:

Eh?

What?

man city and liverpool are as top 4 as you can really get though, both those clubs were supposed to be within a chance of winning the title when he was there, we wern't when he was here. that said i'd say his time at newcastle football wise were his best years if he had been able to stay fitter, although that will change if he finishes this season like he started it. my biggest post robson annoyance (beating the sale of given, solano etc... has been that we sold craig bellamy for tuppence just when we'd managed to get him fit for the first time in his career with us.

I think he has become a better player, but his best times were here in a way.  He's never been at another club more than 1 and a half years since, whereas he had 2 years of top 4 football here. 

Guest optimistic nit

just out of interest i'm not sure if it deserves its own thread but would you hire hughes if he wanted to come (big if)? he's a much more experienced manager than hughton and better too in my opinion but hughton is doing very well at the moment and it would risk unbalancing a winning team at a crucial point in the season. also if you wouldn't hire him now, would you hire him at the end of the season?

just out of interest i'm not sure if it deserves its own thread but would you hire hughes if he wanted to come (big if)? he's a much more experienced manager than hughton and better too in my opinion but hughton is doing very well at the moment and it would risk unbalancing a winning team at a crucial point in the season. also if you wouldn't hire him now, would you hire him at the end of the season?

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,66489.0.html

Eh?

What?

You're basing your whole f***ing argument around it man. :lol: :jesuswept:

It's not an argument!  I'm not rating him on anything!  I realise circumstances have changed, he's better etc.  I JUST SAID THAT HE'S NOT IMPROVED CLUB-WISE SINCE HERE, which is indisputable.  You seem to have had a hard time grasping it, making this into an argument, and you decided that i'm rating him on the basis. 

It wasn't necessary for anybody to quote me.

Erase your memory.

Person mentions, without a controversial or challenging tone, that Bellamy used to play top 4 football for Newcastle, and now doesn't, despite being better.  This person implies nothing more about Bellamy's ability or 'rating' or Newcastle or anyone else's.

Assuming you're reasonably intelligent and have been aware of football for the period concerned, you agree with this statement.  You read the next post.

________

If you still consider this challenging, please accept we speak different languages and say goodnight.

Bellamy's f***ing class.

No matter what trajectory you're on.

So, you actually are a complete idiot then.  Not annoying, or just argumentative, but sadly lacking in intelligence and the ability to understand sentences and apply them to context. :rolleyes: :weep:

How will your mind cope with the fact, I also think Bellamy is "fucking class", and better than he used to me? Is your mind uncapable of coping with the idea that player might be better, but the club he is at lower?  Is this concept contradictory to a simple mind?

You only seem to find them this bad on the internet.

Bellamy's f***ing class.

No matter what trajectory you're on.

So, you actually are a complete idiot then.  Not annoying, or just argumentative, but sadly lacking in intelligence and the ability to understand sentences and apply them to context. :rolleyes: :weep:

How will your mind cope with the fact, I also think Bellamy is "fucking class", and better than he used to me? Is your mind uncapable of coping with the idea that player might be better, but the club he is at lower?  Is this concept contradictory to a simple mind?

You only seem to find them this bad on the internet.

You what now?

I dont beielve any this about Bellamy kicking off like. I mean surely he isnt that thick that he'd f*** up his last chance of some success. He's at a club thats gunning for the top 4, he's 30 year old now and he isnt going to get another crack at winning a big trophy whoever he goes to. The little gobshite is a very good player and sometimes people forget actually how good he was here under Robson and imo could be key to Manchester City's prospective rise. The same goes for Given as well, he us for one reason and one reason only, to win trophies, surely he wouldnt throw that out of the window in place of a bit of loyalty, if that was the case he would have stuck around here.

Personally I think it's s****, dosent really make sense; Bellamy wanting to move on over on moral grounds, morals that he's never had throughout his career and given wanting to give upthe chance of a trophy for loyalty.

I dont beielve any this about Bellamy kicking off like. I mean surely he isnt that thick that he'd f*** up his last chance of some success. He's at a club thats gunning for the top 4, he's 30 year old now and he isnt going to get another crack at winning a big trophy whoever he goes to. The little gobshite is a very good player and sometimes people forget actually how good he was here under Robson and imo could be key to Manchester City's prospective rise. The same goes for Given as well, he us for one reason and one reason only, to win trophies, surely he wouldnt throw that out of the window in place of a bit of loyalty, if that was the case he would have stuck around here.

Personally I think it's s****, dosent really make sense; Bellamy wanting to move on over on moral grounds, morals that he's never had throughout his career and given wanting to give upthe chance of a trophy for loyalty.

Maybe it's less of a moral problem and more of a losing-your-place-to-Robinho problem.

Maybe it's less of a moral problem and more of a losing-your-place-to-Robinho problem.

Robinho dosent want to know, and even when he did want to know, he wasnt all that great tbh. He looks fat as fuck aswell but maybe Mancini will get him playing. 

Robinho wants to know only if he's the star of the show. Look at the way he stormed down the tunnel at Tottenham. I read somewhere that a while back he asked for two days off, and Hughes said no, and Robinho told Hughes: "You should realise that I'm more important at this club than you are."

I've no doubt that Mancini will have Robinho straight back in the side.