Nobby Solano signs for Leicester City until the end of the season

Weznufc

Not sure why some people think Solano loves Newcastle, we had all this sentimental rubbish when he left us the last time because he was only doing it to be with his wife in London when in truth he probably wanted away for one last pay day as he didn't stay in London for long! Haven't got the book at hand but Bobby Robson wasn't too impressed  by his attitude, I'm sure he mentions seeing Solano leaving a match early after he got subbed or something for Villa against Boro. The very fact Robson mentioned that would say that he didn't think too highly of him as he could have used plenty of other players as an example.

All this just reminds me of when Lee Clark re-signed and people wonder why Newcastle are such a joke of a club!

Not sure why some people think Solano loves Newcastle, we had all this sentimental rubbish when he left us the last time because he was only doing it to be with his wife in London when in truth he probably wanted away for one last pay day as he didn't stay in London for long! Haven't got the book at hand but Bobby Robson wasn't too impressed  by his attitude, I'm sure he mentions seeing Solano leaving a match early after he got subbed or something for Villa against Boro. The very fact Robson mentioned that would say that he didn't think too highly of him as he could have used plenty of other players as an example.

All this just reminds me of when Lee Clark re-signed and people wonder why Newcastle are such a joke of a club!

:lol: Solano can't love Newcastle if he puts his family before us! :laugh:

:lol: Solano can't love Newcastle if he puts his family before us! :laugh:

Can you read? Look at what I wrote, he didn't stay long in London so I doubt his family were the reason for moving!

Hate to say it but nobody else wants him.

Doesn't mean anything man. So we should sign our players based on their popularity with other clubs? That's great logic.

He won't be a world beater but we could do worse. In fact, we already have worse in Butt and Geremi.

There's a difference between popularity and looking at his recent record with other clubs.

Guest Stephen927

Hate to say it but nobody else wants him.

Doesn't mean anything man. So we should sign our players based on their popularity with other clubs? That's great logic.

He won't be a world beater but we could do worse. In fact, we already have worse in Butt and Geremi.

There's a difference between popularity and looking at his recent record with other clubs.

No, he is turning them down. ;)

Nobby Solano could face Bluebirds

Jan 22 2010 By Terry Phillips, Wales Online

LEICESTER City are set to sign former Newcastle United, Aston Villa and West Ham player Nobby Solano in time to face Cardiff City in the FA Cup this weekend.

Solano, 35, has been playing for Universitario de Desporte in his home country, Peru.

Manager Nigel Pearson and Leicester's backroom staff were this morning working to get Solano registered as a player by the noon deadline, which would allow him to be involved against Cardiff.

Solano has been training with Leicester all week and is a free agent.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballnation/football-news/2010/01/22/nobby-solano-could-face-bluebirds-91466-25662141/

Guest Roger Kint

Awesome, off to watch that next week. Will give him a bloody good ovation.

Tbh the best possible solution to this. Would have hated him to come back now a lesser player but at least we get an immediate chance to salute him and he will be in a decent team which could suit him.

So nobody wanted him Ronaldo? Two promotion-chasing teams had him on trial, in which one have taken a punt on him, while we thought he looked decent in training.

There is no quote from a named person at NUFC saying they thought he looked decent in training. That was an unnamed quote in the papers. Hughton basically said we were letting him train with us as a favour but we aren't signing him. Let's see how he does at Leicester.

Guest icemanblue

Clearly going to score/assist against us now

I hope it's Lee Clark style, where we are winning comfortably and can praise him.

He won't get a sniff as long as Huddlestone is playing anyway.

He actually played against Newcastle in a behind the doors friendly for Sheff United and apparently tore our reserve Left back a new one (Lough).

Obviously didn't impress that much or Sheffield United would have snapped him up. Before he signed for Leicester he had trials / training sessions at Colchester, Newcastle and Sheffield United.

If he's still got it we'll see him light up the league at Leicester. If he doesn't it's a bullet dodged.

He actually played against Newcastle in a behind the doors friendly for Sheff United and apparently tore our reserve Left back a new one (Lough).

Obviously didn't impress that much or Sheffield United would have snapped him up. Before he signed for Leicester he had trials / training sessions at Colchester, Newcastle and Sheffield United.

If he's still got it we'll see him light up the league at Leicester. If he doesn't it's a bullet dodged.

Yeh true but there will always be that thought that he would try harder for Newcastle than Leicester.