Sheffield Wednesday 2-2 Newcastle United - 26/12/09 - post match from page 11

Nate

2 points dropped imo, should've turned over such a poor side in bad form. shite performance from us, as usual. we're getting stuff out of matches due to simple end product that other clubs tend to lack, ie the likes of nolan and shola. the general play is incoherent, long ball shite. still, it's another point closer to promotion, so that's a positive. just as long as people understand that Hughton should be out the door as soon as the job is done.

Dropped points, Butt and Coloccini were the ones who stood out for me today, Harps should have really done better for their second should have jumped and held it.

Tactics were AWFUL today, HOOF THE BALL AND HOPE FRO TEH BEST LOL  :facepalm:

Commentator said Butt was our "outstanding performer", was he on crack?

Referee was absolutely abysmal, had no control of the game whatsoever, how James O'Connor wasn't booked i'll never know.

Carroll should've been brought on much sooner, Harewood and Ameobi just didn't look interested for most of the game, once the ball was a few yards away from them they just stopped, same with Jonas.

Can't believe that second goal was allowed to stand as well, you see fouls given against the keeper for much less than that, the fact they say it "evens out the earlier decision" is bollocks, you see offside goals EVERY week, you don't see fouls on the keeper anywhere near as regularly.

That being said, after that poor performance, i'm pretty happy with the point and it was probably a fair result.

Looking forward to see Barton and Smith playing together there.

Barton hasn't done it so far, he owes us big time.

Don't want this to get into another Barton discussion but he has played in the centre of midfield in 2008 under Keegan and was probably our most important player in last seasons back-to-back wins vs. WBA and Villa.

Mind you, Hughton was a bit of a joke today. Rubbish line-up, rubbish subs, rubbish timing, rubbish tactics. That really was long ball from start to finish, which is a bit pointless when:

/ Our strikers aren't particularly great in the air (but dey're big n blak tho!!)

/ We're up against two chunky centre-backs who are good in the air

/ No one is supporting from centre-midfield

We didn't deserve to win today and we didn't. I've missed some of our defeats but that's as bad as i've seen us this season. A centre-midfield of Butt and Nolan, with two near static strikers upfront incites virtually no pass and move whatsoever.

Dropped points, Butt and Coloccini were the ones who stood out for me today, Harps should have really done better for their second should have jumped and held it.

Bit hard to catch it when someone pulls your arm away don't you think? Christ...

Guest sicko2ndbest

Carroll was more dangerous in his 10 minutes than the other two were all game.

Butt shit

Simpson more average every time I see him

we are a very average team