Newcastle United 0 - 0 Derby County - 28/12/09 - post match reaction from p12

Dave

Its different kinds of players to. Ferguson demands high standards & fills them full of self belief so its not that hard a hit when he knocks them down.

Our lot are capable of falling apart, as last season showed. They need to be built up & have confidence kept high. Dont think hes doing much wrong.

Guest Heneage

We could have been trounced and he'd have said much the same, his glass is always half full.

Agreed.  Every time we're crap he just says the division is tough.  You always hear Ferguson saying stuff like 'we weren't good enough' but never with Hughton.

Do we? I can't remember the last post-match interview I saw with Ferguson after Man U lost.

He's always got an excuse or a go at the ref for not enough added time/bad decision and sends his assistant to the interview.

Even if it's not public I will gurantee the players know he isn't happy.

Guest michaelfoster

We could have been trounced and he'd have said much the same, his glass is always half full.

Gazza drank the other half

Guest Geordiesned

Just got in so watching football league show now. Was at match but now just reminded of the booing by a minority at the final whistle. Yes you do have a right to boo if you buy a ticket but if you did you really are a fucking simple cunt!

Dreadful result against a dreadful side. To not start shola and guthrie was asking for what we've ended up with.

Shola was dog shit when he came on though. All those Ronaldinho like flicks that either went to no-one or bounced back off his other leg.

Shola is one of the worst players to bring off the bench when you need a goal because he's got absolutely no fucking urgency about him whatsoever. Should have started given his good form, got a goal, haul him off after an hour.

Guest Geordiesned

No point arguing about who should or shouldn't have started. We missed 3 or 4 golden edged chances today. I don't think the line up would have made any difference.

No point arguing about who should or shouldn't have started. We missed 3 or 4 golden edged chances today. I don't think the line up would have made any difference.

I know it's okay just saying it, but I think Shola would have done better with the two headers that Carroll had and I'm absolutely positive that Guthrie would have buried the chance that fell to Ryan Taylor.

Dreadful result against a dreadful side. To not start shola and guthrie was asking for what we've ended up with.

Shola was dog shit when he came on though. All those Ronaldinho like flicks that either went to no-one or bounced back off his other leg.

Shola is one of the worst players to bring off the bench when you need a goal because he's got absolutely no fucking urgency about him whatsoever. Should have started given his good form, got a goal, haul him off after an hour.

i agree.  would've been better to bring ranger on than shola--or FOR shola (after starting) at the hour mark.

Dear Chris Hughton,

I hope you are enjoying the football management for dummies book I bought you, clearly you`ve not read past the school playtime chapter. Throwing a striker on every ten minutes is not the way in grown ups football.  I have watched the last two outings against two of the worst teams in the division and have a few pointers for you, I hope you dont mind. First up, inbetween the four lads at the back and the two up front are the MIDFIELD players. As their name suggests they play in MIDFIELD, they link the four at the back to the two at the front. It is not necessary for Mr Harper or his four pals to send the ball up to the opposition third in the hope the two strikers may get a hold of it, you may consider using the four in MIDFIELD. Secondly, there is a reason why every football manager - except you - who has a game on boxing day has a training session on christmas day, its because they take the game seriously. It allows them to talk about tactics (Chapter two) and check they are sober at 5pm, unfortunatley this year Mr Nolan and his pals were allowed to overdo the mincepies and mint baileys, no surprise we dropped 4 points. Finally could you please during games consider bringing Mr Gutherie into centre midfield alongside Mr Smth and pushing Mr Nolan upfront to support the main striker, this would allow us to rape the league.

Many thanks

Geordie Claus