Report: New kit deal agreed with Puma

Dave

Have we seen what the back is like yet?

Looking at the Carroll one it seems the white stripe bends round the lower back similar to the 08/09(?) shirt so theres stripes under the patch.

Lame.

Guest johnson293

Wow ... couldn't the badge have gone a bit more to the right in order to fit on the black line? Yikes.

That would be my main/only criticism with it.

The badge should be centred within the black stripe, not over two stripes, and the puma cat should be inline, on the opposite black stripe (so the cat stays white for those who care about that!).

The sponsor looks ironed on, but its not the first time we've had kit with ironed on sponsors, so why should we complain about this one?

The back is still a mystery, but again, it wont be the first shirt to have a panel for a number, and certainly wont look as bad (IMO) as the Adidas 1997 home shirt with a bloody big black shield on the back!

Anyway - I doubt I'll pay £45 for the home one, but wait a few weeks and it'll be down in price at Sports Direct, no doubt!

Guest johnson293

cheap and nasty s***, horrific in every way.. trying to save money will cost money, thousands will not buy that s***.

I bet they still do.  :snod:

http://www.nufc.co.uk/javaImages/96/5a/0,,10278~8870550,00.jpg

http://www.nufc.co.uk/javaImages/94/5a/0,,10278~8870548,00.jpg

When people have gotten over the hideousness of the Northern Rock badge, the iron on badges, the Puma logo above your groin, take a look at the socks, who designed them? 80's retro man?  :lol:

This is a joke, a horrible joke of a strip.

Guest malandro

cheap and nasty s***, horrific in every way.. trying to save money will cost money, thousands will not buy that s***.

And there are thousands who will buy any old shite and Ashley/Puma know it, which is why we end up with shirts of this standard in the first place.

Guest johnson293

Just wait until this time next summer, when the 2011/12 kit is revealed... the haters will probably start threatening to buy this one instead!!  :cheesy:

The more i look at it, it just gets worse.  Its totally cheap tat.

I think someone mentioned earlier that they suspect that Ashley bought a whole load of black n white templates from Puma and lashed his own badges on.  hen flogging them for max profit.

Which is what he does with his junk in sports direct.

Our club is being taken a fucking lend of.

The design can be forgiven, the sheer naffness of the crest and sponsor box cannot.

bang on.. its what does me in most, the design I could live with but how chatty it looks  is the biggest problem.

There's nothing I like about it.  It's black and white I suppose.

That's pretty much it, isn't it?  Collar, shit, crest, shit, sponsor, shit, puma-groined shorts, shit, white back, shit, fuzzy-zig-zagged stripes, shit, weird long hugging sleeves, shit, socks, shit, colour all right.

I'm going to look at that football shirt history website to see if I can find a worse NUFC home shirt.

This one wasn't great and it clicked like a motherfucker, but at least the badge was stitched on and it had a nice, iconic sponsor.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_gHB5t-lnTlY/SUIjBmZAKRI/AAAAAAAAAFs/I45trFGZjWU/s400/lee3.jpg

I'm going to look at that football shirt history website to see if I can find a worse NUFC home shirt.

The barcode one, maybe.  Hated it at the time but it's got a certain nostalgic value to it now, plus the blue star sponsor.

http://www.whoateallthepies.tv/newcastle%201990.jpg

Guest johnson293

This one wasn't great and it clicked like a motherfucker, but at least the badge was stitched on and it had a nice, iconic sponsor.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_gHB5t-lnTlY/SUIjBmZAKRI/AAAAAAAAAFs/I45trFGZjWU/s400/lee3.jpg

...and a big black blank shield on the back!

I really can't believe how shit that kit is. Honestly, it looks more cheap than most fake kits I've seen. How is it possible to fuck up a football shirt so badly? Honestly, everything is just bad. The sponsor, the badge, the puma logo and the overall design.