Alan Shearer

Weznufc

Shearer's record really is incredible like. He had the advantage of longer seasons for 3 year but he never played in the Premiership until he was 22 (and obviously had injuries which hampered him/changed the way he played).

To put it into perspective Aguero joined the Premiership at a similar age and is 150 goals off. He'd need to average 25 goals a season until he was 36 to match Shearer's record.

Guest firetotheworks

Ronaldo and Messi probably wouldn't score as many goals in the PL.

Ronaldo did?

I think he got 40 odd goals in one season but it was in all competitions. Not sure.

I was under the impression that your first post was just a joke.

Ronaldo did?

I think he got 40 odd goals in one season but it was in all competitions. Not sure.

Erm, nah.

What's Suarez's goalscoring ratio, btw?

Guest firetotheworks

Ronaldo did?

Erm, nah.

You don't think Ronaldo (who actually scored 23, 42, and 26 goals in England) or Messi (who regularly pisses all over the best English teams) wouldn't score as many goals in the Premier League? :lol: You can't be serious?

Ronaldo did?

Erm, nah.

You don't think Ronaldo (who actually scored 23, 42, and 26 goals in England) or Messi (who regularly pisses all over the best English teams) wouldn't score as many goals in the Premier League? :lol: You can't be serious?

Ronaldo has scored 40 or 50 odd goals consistently in La Liga, no? His stats are certainly better in Spain.

Messi? Didn't he "struggle" for goals against English clubs before the last few years?

Also, are you not capable of disagreeing with someone without sounding like a total twat?

Ronaldo did?

Erm, nah.

If he played for Barcelona in the PL probably. If he played for Pardew/Carver/Allardyce team etc, maybe not.

Ronaldo did?

Erm, nah.

Ronaldo has scored 40 or 50 odd goals consistently in La Liga, no? His stats are certainly better in Spain.

Messi? Didn't he "struggle" for goals against English clubs before the last few years?

Also, are you not capable of disagreeing with someone without sounding like a total t***?

It's almost like as Ronaldo matured as a footballer he got better at scoring goals. You are talking about the two best goalscorers in the world who routinely shit on the best on Europe.

They'd shit on the league.

Guest firetotheworks

Ronaldo did?

Erm, nah.

Also, are you not capable of disagreeing with someone without sounding like a total twat?

I sound like a twat? You're the only one I can see name-calling. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I wasn't being a twat any way. I honestly did think that you were joking, mainly because the idea that Ronaldo and Messi couldn't score 260 goals in the Premier League is based on literally nothing at all, I assumed that it could only possibly be a joke.

Think Dinho's saying their records would be nowhere near as impressive in the Premiership as they are in Spain. I don't think anyone's dense enough to think either wouldn't have broken Shearers record if they'd spent their careers in the Premiership :lol:

It's fair enough like. Suarez scored 40 league goals last year and 59 in all competitions. His insane year at Liverpool he got 31 in the league (and 31 in all competitions).

We rarely have freakishly high goal records in England.

EDIT: A lot of this has to do with the domination of Barca more than the league as a whole though.

Guest firetotheworks

Okay, there's a possibility that we're talking about different things. I was talking about scoring as many as Shearer's 260, which was what was being discussed. Messi and Ronaldo not scoring as many goals in the Premier League as they have in La Liga is a lot less risible. Although they'd still have broken Shearer's record by now.

Think Dinho's saying their records would be nowhere near as impressive in the Premiership as they are in Spain. I don't think anyone's dense enough to think either wouldn't have broken Shearers record if they'd spent their careers in the Premiership [emoji38]

It's fair enough like. Suarez scored 40 league goals last year and 59 in all competitions. His insane year at Liverpool he got 31 in the league (and 31 in all competitions).

EDIT: A lot of this has to do with the domination of Barca more than the league as a whole though.

Didn't Suarez miss like 8 games that season as well? Makes it even more incredible

Guest firetotheworks

Depends who they played for IMO.

I don't get this line of thinking either, mind. Our league has had plenty of players banging them in for average to shit teams. Suarez, Tevez, Bent, Johnson, Phillips, Defoe, Keane, Le Tissier, and dare I say it, Shearer. If they can do it, Ronaldo and Messi obviously can.

I don't get this line of thinking either, mind. Our league has had plenty of players banging them in for average to s*** teams. Suarez, Tevez, Bent, Johnson, Defoe, Keane, Le Tissier, and dare I say it, Shearer. If they can do it, Ronaldo and Messi obviously can.

Kevin Phillips scored 30 in a season for Sunderland :lol:

I don't get this line of thinking either, mind. Our league has had plenty of players banging them in for average to shit teams. Suarez, Tevez, Bent, Johnson, Defoe, Keane, Le Tissier, and dare I say it, Shearer. If they can do it, Ronaldo and Messi obviously can.

Our old friend Pards disagrees ;)

Think Dinho's saying their records would be nowhere near as impressive in the Premiership as they are in Spain. I don't think anyone's dense enough to think either wouldn't have broken Shearers record if they'd spent their careers in the Premiership [emoji38]

Didn't Suarez miss like 8 games that season as well? Makes it even more incredible

Played 33 league games according to wiki, dunno if that's accurate though as it was an 8 game suspension wasn't it? Maybe missed a few cup games.