Alan Shearer

Weznufc

Guest firetotheworks

Looks in better shape than Lowes.

Those failed clones of Ellen Ripley are in better shape than Lowes

:lol:

Fucking hell, imagine someone saying that about you.

• 2 weeks later...

Kane?

53 (?) PL goals at age 23

so basically 20 for the next 10 years straight and then a few more, big ask like

I was too slow, just went and worked that out myself. Like you say, 20 a season for 10 years in a row until he's 33/34, can't see it myself.

Guest firetotheworks

I don't think any of them have the consistency to be able to do it for long enough tbh. I don't think Lukaku will get anywhere near, Rooney was the one player that could have got close if he'd stayed as a striker/not turned to shit anyway.

Guest firetotheworks

Based on Aguero's average at the moment, if he plays another 5 years with the same average goal scoring rate in the league, he'd end up on just over 200, so another season or two, or if he has a couple of Shearer 30-35 level seasons, he'd probably get pretty close.

Based on Aguero's average at the moment, if he plays another 5 years with the same average goal scoring rate in the league, he'd end up on just over 200, so another season or two, or if he has a couple of Shearer 30-35 level seasons, he'd probably get pretty close.

He'll be off in 2020 when his contract ends.

Lukaku has 67 goals and is 23 and a half, so he'd need another 194 goals to beat Shearer, and need to average about 20 a season for the next 10 seasons if he plays until he's 34 in the division

He'll be off in 2020 when his contract ends.

he'd need 151 goals, is 28 and has had minor injury problems ever since he came to the country...however i agree that it would take someone of his class in a team that's dominating or consistently challenging for the league to come close to 260 goals, shearer was simply that good

it's mind-boggling to think he wasn't even playing in one of the best teams in the country for most of his career

Guest firetotheworks

I think he'll get pretty close to 200 providing he stays injury free. He's the only player with the consistency when he plays.

Guest firetotheworks

I can only see Shearers record being beat if the PL gets a Messi or Ronaldo for their full careers.

It's funny that you say that because I've just checked and Ronaldo is on 265, which puts Shearer's record into context imo (just ignore the bit about how Ronaldo's done it in 244 matches). Messi's on 320 and he's 29, so a Messi would probably be overkill like. :lol: I still love that stat about Messi scoring more hat tricks in 11/12 than Shearer did in his career. :lol: