Alan Shearer

Weznufc

Guest reefatoon

Quite surreal seeing Keegan, Shearer and Shepherd outside SJP like after everything that has gone on. Love it.

Is this the first time Keegan has been back that close to the stadium since the whole court debacle?

How are any of us supposed to know that?  I think he drove past last year on his way up to the town moor for some candy floss.

Quite surreal seeing Keegan, Shearer and Shepherd outside SJP like after everything that has gone on. Love it.

Is this the first time Keegan has been back that close to the stadium since the whole court debacle?

How are any of us supposed to know that?  I think he drove past last year on his way up to the town moor for some candy floss.

Well i obviously didnt mean it as literal as that. Poor wording perhaps but i meant more in the sense of a semi official engagement with the club - feels weird seeing him involved like that, good weird obviously but yeah.

Cheers for that though, was the candy floss for himself?

Guest reefatoon

Well i obviously didnt mean it as literal as that. Poor wording perhaps but i meant more in the sense of a semi official engagement with the club - feels weird seeing him involved like that, good weird obviously but yeah.

Cheers for that though, was the candy floss for himself?

I know you didn't mean it that way fella, was just pulling your plonker.  Enjoy the match tonight lad.

:lol:

Guest firetotheworks

It's the wrong celebration like :lol:

Shearer with his hand up is one of the most iconic sights in football, man.

This whole 'he's done this celebration before' thing is a proper wind up like. :lol: It's not like people don't know that, it's just quite obviously not the celebration he's known for, that's the point.

They wont put the hand up for fear of people thinking its a Nazi salute.

I can't tell if you're being serious or not.

To be honest I am a little gutted about the hand like. :lol:

The one fingered salute was mainly only used towards the tail end of his career, the statue should have been modelled off a photo of him in his pomp in 1996. Full palm out with little finger sticking outwards slightly.

I'd have preferred the image to have been celebrating his last ever goal; I'm sure the Mackems would have appreciated that moment saved for posterity - he celebrated that goal with finger points on both hands.

They've been talking about this on Soccer AM this morning and phoned Shearer to ask him why it doesn't show his usual open palm celebration .  Al said it was a reference to his last goal in football and they showed the pen against the makems and the subsequent finger point.

Checked it out yesterday as well, and whilst still a little bit cartoonish I agree it looks better in reality than photos.

I like that they gave him the proper old school Umbro boots.

http://i.imgur.com/YXh1VTL.jpg

• 3 weeks later...