Jermaine Beckford signs for Everton. Yey!

Stifler
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Getting back to the thread title, I am sure I read Hughton saying at the beginning of the season that when they look at potential signings now, they check out their backgrounds and interests, looking closely at both onfield and offield behaviour.

I have not read much, if any, bad behaviour pieces in the press regarding Mr.Beckford but there again, I live in Australia and my paper reading is limited to all the english dailies and sundays on the internet.

Getting back to the thread title, I am sure I read Hughton saying at the beginning of the season that when they look at potential signings now, they check out their backgrounds and interests, looking closely at both onfield and offield behaviour.

I have not read much, if any, bad behaviour pieces in the press regarding Mr.Beckford but there again, I live in Australia and my paper reading is limited to all the english dailies and sundays on the internet.

i remember hearing the same from........

robson (bellamy)

roeder (martins)

allardyce (barton)

many would say souness (owen)

Guest sicko2ndbest

Beckford scoring today and generally having a good game will not be good for us and our chances of getting him.

I personally hope he has a stinker

Beckford scoring today and generally having a good game will not be good for us and our chances of getting him.

I personally hope he has a stinker

How does that logic work? :lol:

I think it means if he plays well other teams will show an interest.

What self-respecting coach will show an interest in Beckford just because he plays well in a one-off game against Man United? It would be insanity.

A few points on this:

If Leeds supporters on their forum are ITK, then the deal is done and dusted.

Also, by checking out strikers at Scunthorpe and Doncaster seems to signify that they are actively looking for a replacement.

and by us not requesting him to play at MU seems also to signify that either CH doesnt really care about the cup this year or he is happy with his current strike force to take us further.

What self-respecting coach will show an interest in Beckford just because he plays well in a one-off game against Man United? It would be insanity.

No bigger test. One of the biggest question marks over Beckford has been whether or not he'll be able to produce at a higher level. It's a fair point from Sicko i think.

A few points on this:

If Leeds supporters on their forum are ITK, then the deal is done and dusted.

Also, by checking out strikers at Scunthorpe and Doncaster seems to signify that they are actively looking for a replacement.

and by us not requesting him to play at MU seems also to signify that either CH doesnt really care about the cup this year or he is happy with his current strike force to take us further.

Just read through 2 threads on 2 seperate forums re: beckford to us and not one claimed this. 

Waccoe is down:

Due to legal issues relating to posts made during the early hours of this morning the forum will remain offline until legal advice has been sought, we apologise for the incovenience and assure you we will seek to resolve these issues as soon as it is practical to do so.

Naughty naughty.

Guest sicko2ndbest

No bigger test. One of the biggest question marks over Beckford has been whether or not he'll be able to produce at a higher level. It's a fair point from Sicko i think.

Everyone knows in theory he is a free transfer. Whatever outlay is spent on his purchase will be either recouped through success on the pitch (which will increase his transfer value) or his sale on value should it not work out (which will be roughly what is paid for him due to his success at Leeds).

If i was a mid-low premiership team i would be seriously looking to take a chance on this man should i need goals to stay up, and by premiership standards the deal is a steal

FA Cup ties stand apart from reality though. It's once in a lifetime, chance to outperform. I've rarely seen a player recapture an FA Cup performance in the league. It's almost DJ Campbell-sydrome.

Waccoe is down:

Due to legal issues relating to posts made during the early hours of this morning the forum will remain offline until legal advice has been sought, we apologise for the incovenience and assure you we will seek to resolve these issues as soon as it is practical to do so.

Naughty naughty.

Was a post on there about Leeds fans taking inflatable planes to the match with them  :no:

What happens if they shock man utd and get an easier tie in the next round, would they still be willing to sell their most prolific striker and risk the cup money?

Interestingly, and probably validdly, a few Leeds fans said they would rather keep him till the end of the season, ensure promotion and then let him go on the free.