Jermaine Beckford signs for Everton. Yey!

Stifler
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I think Beckford might get 10 goals between Jan and May, but in all honestly he's a worse footballer than Harewood and generally gives nothing to the team. We already have one of them in the team.

Right I am putting it down to you being heavily medicated, you must be careful you know a ritalin overdose can be very dangerous.

Aye, and how many times have you seen Beckford play?

83 and a half

So skirge, you willing to go on record about this and claim to be... ITK?!

Don't be pulling any of those weak ass marley excuses out the bag either if it goes tits up.

Yes go on official ITK, he is ours no dogs involved.

IF Beckford is going to Newcastle (seems he will) what about a swap with Nile Ranger? He seems to me to be a really good prospect, who could go on to play at the highest level. Where as Beckford, ok he's done good for us, has found his level in this division.

:shifty:

Some bitterness there. Can't see how he's found his level when he's been the best player at that level for years and scored the most goals in the country in that time, he's a mid table championship striker at least.

Your double standards are pathetic Skirge. You prefer Ranger to Harewood because he runs around yet want a striker who basically refuses to chase lost causes.

:lol:

Your a fkn lost cause man.. you crack me up.

I prefer Ranger and Beckford to Harewood as both will do miles better for NUFC, okay vs Derby Harewood really did out himself abuot alot more but its to little to late.

When Harewood was scoring 20 goals in this league, Beckford was shipped out on loan to Uxbridge FC because he was struggling for a first team place at Wealdstone.

It really is time someone poured a bottle of cold fizzy water on your head.

IF Beckford is going to Newcastle (seems he will) what about a swap with Nile Ranger? He seems to me to be a really good prospect, who could go on to play at the highest level. Where as Beckford, ok he's done good for us, has found his level in this division.

:shifty:

Some bitterness there. Can't see how he's found his level when he's been the best player at that level for years and scored the most goals in the country in that time, he's a mid table championship striker at least.

Kisnorbo, Becchio and Snodgrass have been better for them.

The pool of players available to us who have proven they can cut it in the Premier League is very small. Plenty teams have gambled on Championship or lower league players and have done well (granted there will also be plenty who dont make the step up). Everton have punted on the likes of Cahill and Lescott who have gone on to become very good players after being given a chance.

So is Beckford just a better Harewood than Harewood? Cos id say that's exactly what we need right now. Just watch the Derby game again.

All i think regarding Beckford - and i know very little about him, aside from his goalscoring record (which is good or summat) - is that if signing him means definite promotion to the Premiership, then i am absolutely behind us shelling out a couple million. Even if he'll be a bit surplus come next season. Aye we look comfortable at the moment, but there's 23 games to go and so much can happen. If Beckford represents a guarantee, and he's available, just fucking go for it.

My worry is that Beckford's valuation is at a peak right now and will fall if he underperformes between now and May. That will leave us out of pocket.

With him out of contract in the summer and presumably desperate to come here (based on his agent's words previously and our current position), surely we're in a very strong position to get him for a good price. It's worth the gamble for a million or whatever.

I was trying to find out how many goals Ronaldo said Beckford would get in the PL and found this gem:

If we go into september without a new striker, I would urge anyone with long-term money problems to take advantage of the 20/1 odds for relegation  :angry:

Maybe you should stop telling people like Skirge to pour water over their heads and admit you're just as clueless as you think the rest of us to be.

Guest Heneage

I can't say I've seen the lad in any great number of matches, or scouted him as much as you guys but in my opinion;

He'll fail. I think if the step up in class doesn't get him, the mental side will, he will be playing in front of 40,000 plus every week, and then closer to 50,000 should we go up. Now that's before you factor in how quick to anger our fans can be.

I will happily admit stupidity if he signs and turns out to be really good and the new Dean Ashton, but I just can't see it.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

I'd go with Boyd as he'd probably be the cheaper option and I'd hate to see us buy back Michael Chopra for more money they we sold him for. Everyone seems to have something against Kris Boyd, but the fatty can score goals and thats all I'd ask from a striker, he has the knack to be at the right place at the right time.

Guest toonlass

I can't say I've seen the lad in any great number of matches, or scouted him as much as you guys but in my opinion;

He'll fail. I think if the step up in class doesn't get him, the mental side will, he will be playing in front of 40,000 plus every week, and then closer to 50,000 should we go up. Now that's before you factor in how quick to anger our fans can be.

I will happily admit stupidity if he signs and turns out to be really good and the new Dean Ashton, but I just can't see it.

I agree. Even if he does make the step up to Championship football, will he be able to make the step up to Premiership if we go up in May. And even though we have to concentrate on getting promotion it would be mental to not think about the long term too.

that said though beckford will probably feel he has something to prove after being cast out by chelsea, much like andy cole when he was at arsenal and if we could bring beckford in in january he might have a similar effect to that of when we signed cole in the last promotion campaign. that said, i still wouldn't mind boyd coming in if we didn't go for beckford

I was trying to find out how many goals Ronaldo said Beckford would get in the PL and found this gem:

If we go into september without a new striker, I would urge anyone with long-term money problems to take advantage of the 20/1 odds for relegation  :angry:

Maybe you should stop telling people like Skirge to pour water over their heads and admit you're just as clueless as you think the rest of us to be.

We got Harewood. O0

And tbh at the point I was certain we'd lose one of either Taylor or Coloccini. They're the reason we're not in the bottom half of the table.

Aye I was half-joking. I know it was shortly before the Ipswich game in late September and I also realise how little of an impact Harewood's made in terms of winning us points.

I didn't think we'd get relegated tbh, but those were smashing odds for a team that I thought would lose its central defence and struggle to score goals.

I see a fair few Leeds games and I don't think he'd fail at Championship level, I'd back him to get 10-15 goals. He has a better eye for goal than any of our current strikers, also the step up from League 1 to the Championship isn't that great, any of the dross in the bottom half of the league are bad enough to go down.