Jermaine Beckford signs for Everton. Yey!

Stifler
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ronaldo

Errrr, 5 goals in something like 17 games isnt 1 in 2.

He started 17 games did he?

Has he scored from coming off the bench or not? If so you would have to take those goals away from your calculations.

Ronaldo

Errrr, 5 goals in something like 17 games isnt 1 in 2.

He started 17 games did he?

Has he scored from coming off the bench or not? If so you would have to take those goals away from your calculations.

Exactly.  Carroll scored 3 in 5 starts last season in the PL but I can't see Ronaldo calling in a one in two striker...  :laugh:

Ronaldo

I would bet that Boyd would be a complete failure. I have watched him several times and his record against Celtic is rubbish. However, against the likes of Falkirk, Hamilton, Gretna, Motherwell and St. Mirren is quite impressive, teams which would probably finish midtable in the Blue Star league.

As for Harewood, he has appeared in 17 matches for us scoring 5 goals. How many games he has started doesnt come into it if you go by statistics.

Can you honestly say that you would prefer to pay 1.5 million for a 31 year old journeyman who has failed in the PL and pay him $30K a week rather than paying a similar price for a proven goalscorer 4 years younger and on half the salary?

I know the risk I would rather take and I am glad we are not business partners.

There's an astonishing lack of pragmatism on this board at times. Carroll should start every game apparently because of what he might be and we should sign Beckford because of what he could do.

Harewood isn't ideal, but we all know that he's proven in the championship and we'll get promoted with him in the side. Let's get promoted and then start looking for suitable players for the premiership instead of following this daft dream about lower league players stepping up and becoming a morbid symbol of Newcastle united rising from the ashes.

There's an astonishing lack of pragmatism on this board at times. Carroll should start every game apparently because of what he might be and we should sign Beckford because of what he could do.

Harewood isn't ideal, but we all know that he's proven in the championship and we'll get promoted with him in the side. Let's get promoted and then start looking for suitable players for the premiership instead of following this daft dream about lower league players stepping up and becoming a morbid symbol of Newcastle united rising from the ashes.

you base 99% of your debates on what may be man.

preiciting who would or wouldnt succeed in this leage/the prem, and how many they would get.

'beckford is a 10 goal a season man in prem' for example.

I don't really look at stats, I judge a player on how they look. From what I've seen Beckford looks like player with a bit of pace and a decent finish so I reckon he might step up a league. I wouldn't be surprised if the reports that Bruce is interested are true as well, he seems to like players who are quick enough to compete in the premier as well.

preiciting who would or wouldnt succeed in this leage/the prem, and how many they would get.

That's an opinion, without evidence we defer to them.

In this case we have solid evidence that one player will give us what need, and no evidence whatsoever for the other.

That's an opinion, without evidence we defer to them.

In this case we have solid evidence that one player will give us what need, and no evidence whatsoever for the other.

i'd rather pay the rumoured £2m up front for the 26 year old michael chopra than £1.5m for the 31 year old harewood. or pay out for beckford.

harewood was f***ing crap man.

Can't wait to see what you of Beckford, he'll get absolutely anihilated on this board.

as long as he scpores a few though, thats ok isnt it?

harewood got anihilated, but scored a few, and you want us to buy him?

Got the Rangers Hamilton game on in the bckground. Not really watching but 15 minutes in and I havent heard Boyds name mentioned. Is he playing?

Apparently, commentators seem to believe a few championship teams are looking at a kid called McCarthy or McArthur. I wonder whether we are one of these teams. They seem to think it is his last game for Hami.lton