Jermaine Beckford signs for Everton. Yey!

Stifler
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

There's that, and the fact the "10 more games" is bullshit. Both have a good number of assists.

What the f*** are you on about now? ???  Mclean has 25 starts this season, Carroll has 15, can you tell me the difference between those two numbers?

Mclean has 23 starts in the championship and Carroll has 15.

Honestly it's a daft comparison because we're at the top of the league and they're at the bottom. To say Carroll and Mclean are on the same level is very harsh though, Mclean looks twice the player.

Not really, saw them at Elland Road last season and at SJP while back and watched them on the telly 2 or 3 times. Mclean looks to have a lot of ability and his stats support this. He'll go to Preston this month and do well for them.

If we're only looking at the Championship now then that makes Mcleans goals scored record worse then Carrolls and his assists record is still worse.  We're at the top of the league and they're at the bottom yes, but that's mostly down to our defensive records which are night and day, our goal scoring records aren't that far appart.

btw, can someone justify thinking Beckford is better or has done better than even Mackail-Smith? (to add yet another Peteboro player into the mix)

Beckford gets goals in League 1, but so does Mackail Smith, Hooper, Fryatt...what makes Beckford more special apart from playing for Leeds who get more publicity?

Not really, saw them at Elland Road last season and at SJP while back and watched them on the telly 2 or 3 times. Mclean looks to have a lot of ability and his stats support this. He'll go to Preston this month and do well for them.

How do his stats support that vs Carroll?

Carroll has a goal every 3.75 games and an assist every 3.

Mclean has a goal every 3.83 games and an assist every 3.83.

Even in a team that scores a goal every 1.62 games vs a team that scores a goal every 1.29 games how can you say Mcleans record is noticably better?

NOTE:  Sorry to go suprt statto here people but he did mention stats :)

Nothing, tbh. I don't understand why a select few think he'll do it in the premiership.

Ricky Lambert is yet another id quote...there are players that will get goals everywhere in League 1/Championship, lets not get too far onto the Beckford-bandwagon...

Mate, Mclean has 6 goals in the championship, Carroll has 4.

6 in 23.... 4 in 15.  We've been through this already.

Your only taking starts in consideration though. Carroll's come of the bench 5 times or so and played a fair amount of the game.

It's a horrific comparison tbh. Not that I think he's good enough for us but Mclean is the better player imo.

btw, can someone justify thinking Beckford is better or has done better than even Mackail-Smith? (to add yet another Peteboro player into the mix)

Beckford gets goals in League 1, but so does Mackail Smith, Hooper, Fryatt...what makes Beckford more special apart from playing for Leeds who get more publicity?

I'd bet that Beckfords goal record in that league is better then any of those players.  Also Fryatt would cost far more then Beckford.

6 in 23 in a very shit team compared to 4 in the best team in the championship

Like I said our goal scoring record isn't that much better then there's.  We've scored 39, they've scored 31, at best that might make Mcleans record very slightly better, nothing significant at all.

Nothing, tbh. I don't understand why a select few think he'll do it in the premiership.

Personal opinion  :undecided:

No such thing in Ronaldo's world. You're just wrong.

Oh oh Dave he'll now stalk and quote you for the next 3 weeks.

6 in 23 in a very s*** team compared to 4 in the best team in the championship

Did you read my other post?  Obviously not, our goals scoring record isn't that much better then there's.  We've scored 39, they've scored 31, at best that might make Mcleans record very slightly better, nothing significant at all.

Which is all I orginally said tbh mate.

Fryatt outscored Beckford last season. And no he wouldn't.

No he didn't, and yes he would :)

Seriously though, they both scored 27 in the league last season.  Beckford got his 27 in 32 games while Fryatt got his in 46 games.