Jermaine Beckford signs for Everton. Yey!

Stifler
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Mclean has a goal every 3.51 games, Carroll has a goal every 3.75 games.  Wow that's a significant difference like.

If Carroll could have somehow score one quarter of a goal more they'd have exactly the same record :lol:

Guest toonlass

Mclean has 7 goals in 25 games.  Around the same record as Andy Carroll..

I'd certainly rather take a chance on a third division player who hasn't been tested in this league but could be good rather then a second division player who's been no better then one of our second/third choice strikers.

Personally I would rather take a chance on a higher end second division player, or even a premiership striker that might actually be able to do a job should we go up in May

Mclean has 7 goals in 25 games.  Around the same record as Andy Carroll..

I'd certainly rather take a chance on a third division player who hasn't been tested in this league but could be good rather then a second division player who's been no better then one of our second/third choice strikers.

Personally I would rather take a chance on a higher end second division player, or even a premiership striker that might actually be able to do a job should we go up in May

So would I, got £5 or £6 million to lend the club?

Sorry to repeat it again, but Beckford's scored against Liverpool (stupid linesman) and ManUre this season. Not bad for someone who will struggle in the Championship.

And against blackburn final game of pre season, bit of a pattern emerging.  :snod:

Guest Haris Vuckic

Mclean has a goal every 3.51 games, Carroll has a goal every 3.75 games.  Wow that's a significant difference like.

He has 4 goals in 18 does Carroll.

EDIT: 15 starts, fair enough.

Carroll has 5 assists too.

And? Mclean has 6.

Guest Haris Vuckic

And? Mclean has 6.

Aye but he sounds like a toothpaste.

And? Mclean has 6.

Are you forgetting the number of games? :)

I dont see Maclean as an ideal player, just a suggestion as i like the holy trinity at Peterboro....George Boyd however i would...

Play him behind Shola and he'd break the 20 mark easily. Not only does he get goals, but look at his assists...

But it does though, Mclean has played 10 more games then Carroll, so its 6 assists in 25 vs 5 assists in 15.

but mclean plays for a much shitter team than carroll does

Fair comment yeah, he does also plays regularly though, which will benefit any striker vs being in and out of the team like Carroll.  Also we're not exactly a creative team ourselves.

No matter how anyone looks at it Mclean is no better then Carroll and he's older.

There's that, and the fact the "10 more games" is bullshit. Both have a good number of assists.

What the fuck are you on about now? ???  Mclean has 25 starts this season, Carroll has 15, can you tell me the difference between those two numbers?

I'd like us to sign Boyd very much, moreso than Beckford or Harewood.

Boyd isa bit of a Joe Cole...not really pacey, but goes past players...his passing is excellent and he gets alot of goals considering he isnt an out and out striker...

Problem is, im guessing we'd have to accomodate him by dropping Butt/Nolan...not gonna happen under Hughton...which intrigues me as to how Beckford will fit in;

Shola----------Beckford------

Jonas Smudge Nolan RyTayl

has Hughton ever not played Butt when fully fit?

Eh? I was just pointing out that bringing assists into the comparison doersn't really aid the case for Carroll over Mclean.

Even if you were, the number of assists is obviously meaningless without number of games. Don't mean to be annoying. Just saying.