Plymouth Argyle vs Newcastle United - Pre Match Thread (2nd Jan 2010 - 3pm)

Guest toonlass

Going down to this. Hopefully we will be playing our strongest possible line up.

Most important game of the season so far for me. Hopefully we can beat an in form Plymouth and get a premier league team away from home in the next round.   

:dowie:

Guest Brummiemag

Going down to this. Hopefully we will be playing our strongest possible line up.

Most important game of the season so far for me. Hopefully we can beat an in form Plymouth and get a premier league team away from home in the next round.   

:dowie:

This is a winner take all game, not one of 38 league games,  so by some distance its the most important game of the season so far. I suspect the majority of the other Newcastle fans travelling to the game on Saturday will agree with me. 

Important though promotion undoubtedly is, there's still some of us who love the FA Cup and who havn't become completely brainwashed by the Sky TV hype and bullshit into thinking the premier league is the be all and end all of football. 

Whilst I'm aware it's highly unlikely we'll win the FA Cup it doesn't mean we should just go down and roll over. Give a rest to a few of the lads who have played most of the games (Harper, Enrique, Colo, Nolan, Jonas) but still send a competitive team. It's a hell of a long way to go for our fans to see the kids play, even from London it's a good 5 hours.

A good cup run can really boost morale and give us some much needed cash to stop Ashley raping the squad in the window(obvs I'm crediting him with some foresight that we could reach the QF's or something).

I'd go for

--------------------Krul----------------------

Simmo-----S.Taylor--Kadar----R.Taylor

Pancrate--Smith-----Guthrie---LuaLua

-----------Ranger------Loven-------------

Subs: Soderberg, Tozer, Butt, Geremi, Vukic, Carroll, Ameobi.

I won't cry if we lose, but we should at least try to win out of respect for the competition, the oppo, and our fans.    

Whilst I'm aware it's highly unlikely we'll win the FA Cup it doesn't mean we should just go down and roll over. Give a rest to a few of the lads who have played most of the games (Harper, Enrique, Colo, Nolan, Jonas) but still send a competitive team. It's a hell of a long way to go for our fans to see the kids play, even from London it's a good 5 hours.

A good cup run can really boost morale and give us some much needed cash to stop Ashley raping the squad in the window(obvs I'm crediting him with some foresight that we could reach the QF's or something).

I'd go for

--------------------Krul----------------------

Simmo-----S.Taylor--Kadar----R.Taylor

Pancrate--Smith-----Guthrie---LuaLua

-----------Ranger------Loven-------------

Subs: Soderberg, Tozer, Butt, Geremi, Vukic, Carroll, Ameobi.

I won't cry if we lose, but we should at least try to win out of respect for the competition, the oppo, and our fans.    

Agreed.

I'm probably wrong here, but I thought Simpsons loan expired on Jan 1?

it's something weird like the 12th

this is definitely not the most important game of the season, i expect that'll be towards the end of the season, just hoping it wont be in the playoffs

Absolutely no disrespect meant to those travelling - i can only raise my hat to them... but if they go down and then get pissed off cos we put out a weakened team, then i think it's a bit silly. There's blatantly a massive chance Hughton will do that.

As if an injury will barely affect our chances in the league - we're hardly setting the place alight as it is. All it will be is one less man to go out the following week and underwhelm us to a 1-0 victory or a score-draw.

We might as well go for it. I love the FA Cup, always have done. We're in it, we might as well try and get something out of it. If we win this, we could get drawn against a shitty PL side. If we get something out of that, imagine the boost that would give to the squad - they badly need the confidence as it is atm.

Defeat on Saturday will make it no win in three - it'll hardly spur them to victory at Reading.

Think that's ridiculous tbh, Jonny. If one or more of our defenders got injured we could be in trouble cos they're the only reason why we're top at the moment.

The only reason we're top is because strikers in this league couldn't finish a packet of crisps, nevermind a chance.

Rest Enrique for this imo. Played every game this season hasn't he?

Harper

Simpson   Taylor  Kadar  R Taylor

Pancrate   Butt   Guthrie   Lua Lua

Ranger   Carroll

Hopefully this, with Loven upfront next to Ranger.

He really should use the youngsters in the cup, its the only chance theyll get to prove themselves.

From http://www.nufc.com/ Plymouth Argyle preview: -

Hughton comments:

“I will make changes, but we’re not in a position to make a massive amount of changes. We’re also mindful that it’s a great competition.

“It’s a game that we want to win – we just have to have the right balance to be able to do that.

“You never know if it works out well (not playing in the league), we’ll only know when we next play a league game. It does give us a break from a mental point of view.

“It’s a break from the league and it probably doesn’t do us any harm. But it’s still a big game against Plymouth and one that we want to win.”

Could not care less about the FA Cup this season....

------------------------Krul

Leadbitter ----Kadar---------Tozer-------- Lough

Panc-----------Butt-----------Inman ------Lua Lua

--------------Ranger---------Danquah

Guest Roger Kint

Could not care less about the FA Cup this season....

------------------------Krul

Leadbitter ----Kadar---------Tozer-------- Lough

Panc-----------Butt-----------Vuckic ------Lua Lua

--------------Ranger---------Danquah

Bit harsh making Vuckic hobble through a game like

Guest Schmocky

Krul

R.Taylor--Kadar--Tozer--Lough

Pancrate--Guthrie--Butt--Lua Lua

Vuckic

Ranger

Is Vuckic injuried? Just dont think anyone has mentioned him.

Edit: Just read past posts. Play Lovelypants upfront.