Portsmouth FC in yet more trouble - administration again?

GG

Redknapp circling around Begovic and Kaboul like a vulture.

Should turn up at the derby match to scout them, sure he'll get a warm reception from both sets of fans ;)

Would love to see that. Both clubs more or less gone to wall since he left.

:frantic:

Surely you don't need either. Redknapp just doing it to further f*** off the Pompey fans?

Said you're in advanced talks with Kaboul on SSN - bet the price is something ridiculously low like Krancjar too. You should try buying that fella with the bell while you're at it.

We need both. Kaboul has improved massively and we can't rely on King and Woodgate. Gomes got injured against Fulham so we need cover.

Surely Gomes can't be that injured. He played on the full game didn't he? Where is Cudicini these days?

Cudicini isn't gonna return this season and Reknapp said Gomes' injury is "a bad one" and he took injections to get through the Fulham game.

Ah, this explains something; got a text this morning off a friend saying the Spuds want Steve Harper - obviously not heard anything and dismissed it right away, but maybe it has some legs with Gomes being out as well?

Guest kingdawson

Should turn up at the derby match to scout them, sure he'll get a warm reception from both sets of fans ;)

Surely you don't need either. Redknapp just doing it to further f*** off the Pompey fans?

Said you're in advanced talks with Kaboul on SSN - bet the price is something ridiculously low like Krancjar too. You should try buying that fella with the bell while you're at it.

We need both. Kaboul has improved massively and we can't rely on King and Woodgate. Gomes got injured against Fulham so we need cover.

Surely Gomes can't be that injured. He played on the full game didn't he? Where is Cudicini these days?

Cudicini isn't gonna return this season and Reknapp said Gomes' injury is "a bad one" and he took injections to get through the Fulham game.

Ah, this explains something; got a text this morning off a friend saying the Spuds want Steve Harper - obviously not heard anything and dismissed it right away, but maybe it has some legs with Gomes being out as well?

Wouldn't be surprised mate, although i haven't heard anything about Harper plus i think he'd reject us anyway. Thought we'd go for James but looks like it's Begovic (who i'd prefer anyway).

Wouldn't be surprised mate, although i haven't heard anything about Harper plus i think he'd reject us anyway. Thought we'd go for James but looks like it's Begovic (who i'd prefer anyway).

I'd prefer Begovic out of all 3 like, looks like he's turning in to a canny keeper.

Pretty terrifying time to be a football fan, don't think the top teams are immune either looking at the jaw-dropping debt figures on Man U and Liverpool's books. Plaything teams like Man City and Chelsea at least have someone with a load of cash to inject rather than taking on debts, but an Enron style collapse of one of their owner's main companies could easily see the club seized as assests and stripped. I think we'll see clubs that have been living within their means like Villa and Everton really starting to challenge. Arsenal seem to have done it the right way as well, bringing youth through that they can cash in on, developing young talents rather than buying ready made galacticos and owning their stadium outright instead of owing money on it.

Arsenal don't own their stadium outright, they owe hundreds of millions on it.  Still at least they can easily afford the repayments and the debt is being paid off rather then simply paying interest like Manure.

I'd prefer Begovic out of all 3 like, looks like he's turning in to a canny keeper.

Always liked the fact that keepers at the bottom of the table seem to be considered good.

They get an awful lot more shots to save to make them look better.

I'd personally drop Hughton off in the north sea and carry Avram up the A1 for him to be our next manager.

We're all dreamers, aren't we? But then again, Ashley surprised us all by going after Moses so who knows what he is up to next!