Portsmouth FC in yet more trouble - administration again?

GG

Sol Campbell suing them for £1.7m :iamatwat:

The more I hear of Campbell, the happier I am we didn't sign him. Seems like a right c***.

yup, talk about kicking pompey when they are down.

you'd think after them paying him an astronimical wage in the first place he'd waive anything like that seeing how bad a state the club is in

Or, he's getting his claim in now before administrators are appointed since he'd be lucky to get 10% of what he's owed i the club goes into administration, but this way he might be able to jump to near the top of the list of creditors when the club does implode.

knowing that he's helping push them to the brink for £170,000.

even more of a gredy,greedy,greedy,greedy bastard in that case.

The more I hear of Campbell, the happier I am we didn't sign him. Seems like a right c***.

you'd think after them paying him an astronimical wage in the first place he'd waive anything like that seeing how bad a state the club is in

Or, he's getting his claim in now before administrators are appointed since he'd be lucky to get 10% of what he's owed i the club goes into administration, but this way he might be able to jump to near the top of the list of creditors when the club does implode.

Are actual footballers not classed as protected football creditors?

EDIT: Yes they are.

Damned if I know, I'd have assumed that he was simply classed as an employee & therefore right at the bottom of the creditors list.

What he's doing makes sense if you assume that Portsmouth are going to the wall no matter what else happens now, there'll probably be a few more claims like this from other players & creditors as everyone rushes to secure what they're owed before the whole place collapses.

When going into administration, you have to pay up in full if you owe any of the following:

(i) The Association

(ii) The Football Association Premier League Limited

(iii) The Football League Limited

(iv) The Football Conference Limited

(v) The Northern Premier League Limited

(vi) The Southern Football League Limited

(vii) The Isthmian Football League Limited

(viii) Any member club of any of the organisations listed in (i) to (vii) above

(ix) Any full-time or part-time employee of a member club, as defined in (viii) above, or former full-time or part-time employee of such a member club, in respect of sums due to such person by way of arrears of remuneration or expenses

(x) The Professional Footballers’ Association (xi) The Football Foundation

(xii) Any Affiliated Association

(xiii) Any other affiliated clubs or leagues.

Damned if I know, I'd have assumed that he was simply classed as an employee & therefore right at the bottom of the creditors list.

What he's doing makes sense if you assume that Portsmouth are going to the wall no matter what else happens now, there'll probably be a few more claims like this from other players & creditors as everyone rushes to secure what they're owed before the whole place collapses.

I've edited my original post & Thespence has provided a list, Campbell will more than likely see all of his money.

When going into administration, you have to pay up in full if you owe any of the following:

(i) The Association

(ii) The Football Association Premier League Limited

(iii) The Football League Limited

(iv) The Football Conference Limited

(v) The Northern Premier League Limited

(vi) The Southern Football League Limited

(vii) The Isthmian Football League Limited

(viii) Any member club of any of the organisations listed in (i) to (vii) above

(ix) Any full-time or part-time employee of a member club, as defined in (viii) above, or former full-time or part-time employee of such a member club, in respect of sums due to such person by way of arrears of remuneration or expenses

(x) The Professional Footballers’ Association (xi) The Football Foundation

(xii) Any Affiliated Association

(xiii) Any other affiliated clubs or leagues.

Would be easier to pay if they had proper administrators dealing with it and not the clowns in charge now.

I do like how people call him greedy, but put in his position the majority would act in the same way.

if i were a multi millionaire i wouldn't force somewhere into shutting down taking with it peoples livelihoods for that ammount.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/hampshire/8469860.stm

Mr Storrie, of St Helen's Road, Hayling Island, Hampshire, was given unconditional bail.

He had been expected to enter a plea at the hearing, but the case was adjourned.

The details of his charge allege that between 1 July 2003 and 28 November 2007 he "cheated the public revenue" over a signing-on fee from Amdy Faye's move from Auxerre to Portsmouth.

He is accused of concealing the fee, on which tax and national insurance was not paid, by paying it via an agent.

I do like how people call him greedy, but put in his position the majority would act in the same way.

if i were a multi millionaire i wouldn't force somewhere into shutting down taking with it peoples livelihoods for that ammount.

You perhaps wouldn't put one of your employees into a position where they had to do that to get what they are owed.

Presumably if they'd paid him this money as and when it became due it would just be someone else potentially pulling the plug?

So if Portsmouth go out of business does that mean 3 teams up this year from the Championship ?

I would imagine that either they will be 3 automatic promotion places or whoever finishes 4th bottom in Prem goes down

Guest toonlass

So if Portsmouth go out of business does that mean 3 teams up this year from the Championship ?

:facepalm: 3 teams will go up from the Championship anyway. Don't you mean 4?

I would imagine that either they will be 3 automatic promotion places or whoever finishes 4th bottom in Prem goes down

my knowledge is that 2 would go down instead if pompey go bust

my knowledge is that 2 would go down instead if pompey go bust

There's more chance of the Queen staring in Big Juicy Knockers IV so it's irrelevant.

Guest Stephen927

The team finishing in 17th would probably kick up a major fuss, would be unfair to relegate them just cos Portsmouth have folded, especially as Portsmouth are currently entrenched in the relegation zone too.

I'd imagine three would still go up like normal and three would drop from the Prem, Portsmouth automatically being one of them.

He's talking about if Portsmouth go out of business though, so they no longer exist as a Football club.