Portsmouth FC in yet more trouble - administration again?

GG

Porstmouth going bust would be a pisser on several counts.

1. The fans seeing their club disappear. Not good.

2. Fucking Liverpool benefitting most from the points thing.

3. Us losing the three points we've had off them.

4. Birmingham City getting a bye to the FAC Semi Finals, us doubtless drawing them, and the M40 looking like the road to Bagdhad in the first gulf war.

There were some rumours that the FA might reinstate Southampton in the FA Cup if Portsmouth go bust, probably because they've already sold the TV rights to the game.

Southampton?

Christ, talk about being kicked when you're down.

2. f***ing Liverpool benefitting most from the points thing.

4. Birmingham City getting a bye to the FAC Semi Finals, us doubtless drawing them, and the M40 looking like the road to Bagdhad in the first gulf war.

1. What fans ? They can't even fill their tiny shitty stadium for PL games, we get double their numbers in the division below. For me they've done nothing to help their club.

2., 3. & 4. Couldn't give a s*** really.

That's a really parochial, f***-you-jack approach to fans of another club, the sort of s*** you'd expect to hear from Tim Lovejoy or any other of the witless Sky media tarts who have no concept of what it is like to support an unfashionable club.

Who gives a f*** if they fill their stadium or if it is a tip or not? They're fans like you and me are, and through no fault of their own their club is going to s***.

I don't see the relevance of your attendances to Portsmouth's situation, either.

It'd be interesting to see how many tickets they'd have had to sell to overcome 131m pounds spaffed on wages by their clueless owner and CEO over three years.

Incidentally, it is quite depressing to hear that from the fan of another club which has also felt the downside of a clueless owner of late.

I didn't see any outpouring of love for us when we went down last season, people were positively giddy with the thought that we may go bust.

Portsmouth fans need to show that they want their club to survive, not being able to fill that tiny ground (and it bloody is tiny) does not show that.

I fell more sympathy for clubs whose's fans actually give a shit, such as Leeds, and I quite honestly don't give a Rats arse about a team on the south coast of England.

FFS. Just because they don't have as many fans as us doesn't mean that they don't love their club.   They certainly don't deserve what's happening to them.

If they Loved their club that much they would turn up, they may not have as many supporters as us, but they have way less seats to fill too.

I didn't see any outpouring of love for us when we went down last season, people were positively giddy with the thought that we may go bust.

Surely you can see there's a bit of a difference between getting relegated and being in court facing a winding up order, though?

I pissed my pants the last time Birmingham got relegated, it made my season. I wouldn't want them to go out of business, though.

Guest toonlass

2. f***ing Liverpool benefitting most from the points thing.

1. What fans ? They can't even fill their tiny shitty stadium for PL games, we get double their numbers in the division below. For me they've done nothing to help their club.

2., 3. & 4. Couldn't give a shit really.

That's a really parochial, fuck-you-jack approach to fans of another club, the sort of shit you'd expect to hear from Tim Lovejoy or any other of the witless Sky media tarts who have no concept of what it is like to support an unfashionable club.

Who gives a fuck if they fill their stadium or if it is a tip or not? They're fans like you and me are, and through no fault of their own their club is going to shit.

I don't see the relevance of your attendances to Portsmouth's situation, either.

It'd be interesting to see how many tickets they'd have had to sell to overcome 131m pounds spaffed on wages by their clueless owner and CEO over three years.

Incidentally, it is quite depressing to hear that from the fan of another club which has also felt the downside of a clueless owner of late.

:clap:

Did anyone care this much when Woolworths went out of business?

A lot of people did.

aye, it was the place to get your pick and mix from before you went to the cinema in the gate  :aww:

and i'd hate to see portsmouth stop existing, no fans deserve to see their club disappear

The people who worked there, for starters, not to mention the people who'd shopped there for decades.

Interesting to see Manchester United in a slightly different form of financial meltdown, despite them having supporters all over the globe.

The longer football just ploughs on regardless as if it is immune to the basic principles of business, the more clubs will go to the wall.

I'm entirely aware football is a tribal business (and I love it as much as the next man), but it is pretty hard to adopt a "who gives a shit" attitude to fans of other clubs, when - but for the grace of God - it could be you next.

The people who worked there, for starters, not to mention the people who'd shopped there for decades.

Interesting to see Manchester United in a slightly different form of financial meltdown, despite them having supporters all over the globe.

The longer football just ploughs on regardless as if it is immune to the basic principles of business, the more clubs will go to the wall.

I'm entirely aware football is a tribal business (and I love it as much as the next man), but it is pretty hard to adopt a "who gives a s***" attitude to fans of other clubs, when - but for the grace of God - it could be you next.

Hoefully change wil happen.

I'm entirely aware football is a tribal business (and I love it as much as the next man), but it is pretty hard to adopt a "who gives a s***" attitude to fans of other clubs, when - but for the grace of God - it could be you next.

Hoefully change wil happen.

Unfortunately, I don't think even Portsmouth ceasing to exist will be enough. There will have to be more, first.

What people need to a grip on is that there will still be a team in Portsmouth, it won't just disappear, just because the current Portsmouth Football Club is about to go bust (which I hugely doubt will happen). The smoggies are a prime example of this, they went out of business and a new club was formed that took it's place. Leeds too, went into administration with huge debts, were bought out by the bearded fool of a chairman and now are making a profit. Wimbledon's move to Milton Keys is another example in slightly different circumstances of a club that was not there anymore but AFC Wimbledon was born and are now only a step or two away from football league status.

Football clubs endure, they do not just go away, Portsmouth will be around, most probably not playing Premiership football, but really do their fans deserve that above fans of clubs such as Newcastle, Leeds, Notts Forest, Sheff Utd and West Brom ? They deserve a football club yes and they'll still bloody have one, despite their current plight, what level they'll be playing at is open to debate, but I'd be happy to go on record as saying there will be a Portsmouth in the Championship next year.

Surely you can see there's a bit of a difference between getting relegated and being in court facing a winding up order, though?

I pissed my pants the last time Birmingham got relegated, it made my season. I wouldn't want them to go out of business, though.

Did you read my whole comment ? Or did you only just read the first part. I saw countless messages on forums from supporters hoping Ashley "finishes off the job", I don't recall too many people feeling sorry for the fans of NUFC who went through hell last year.

Did you read my whole comment ? Or did you only just read the first part. I saw countless messages on forums from supporters hoping Ashley "finishes off the job", I don't recall too many people feeling sorry for the fans of NUFC who went through hell last year.

No, I read it all.

I just cut out the bits I wasn't replying to rather than requote the entire thing. QUite ironic that you're going on about these people you saw begging Ashley to "finish the job off", but now you're actually sinking to their level yourself.

I reiterate, going through a winding up petition is a different type of hell to being relegated. Given that you've just described that as "hell", I don't know what that makes this season for them.

Still, as you say, they can just reform and start off in the Hampshire And District Paperboys League or some such, it's no big deal after all.

Incidentally, I can't believe you're citing Wimbledon and MK Dons as something even remotely positive, that's a first.

Going into admin on Friday.

unless a new buyer is found.  Having said that, I'd be surprised if they do find one.

I'm getting sick of this now tbf.

EDIT: Can't go bust now due to some law with regards to going into administration.  The administrator will be put in charge of getting as much money to those of whom the club is in debt.

Basically, administration - relegation - summer firesale - probably not coming straight back up, perhaps even going down again.

unless a new buyer is found.  Having said that, I'd be surprised if they do find one.

EDIT: Can't go bust now due to some law with regards to going into administration.  The administrator will be put in charge of getting as much money to those of whom the club is in debt.

Basically, administration - relegation - summer firesale - probably not coming straight back up, perhaps even going down again.

Can they actually go into administration though?  Would HMRC not be able to block the move until their hearing is completed on Monday? 

Is this just a ploy by Portsmouth to get HMRC to back off?  Threaten administration where the HMRC know they'll get bugger all to try & for HMRC to negotiate some payment terms with the club.

That's a really parochial, fuck-you-jack approach to fans of another club, the sort of shit you'd expect to hear from Tim Lovejoy or any other of the witless Sky media tarts who have no concept of what it is like to support an unfashionable club.

Who gives a fuck if they fill their stadium or if it is a tip or not? They're fans like you and me are, and through no fault of their own their club is going to shit.

Generally.  :thup: :thup: :thup:

But, Tim Lovejoy does know what it feels like to support an unfashionable club. That's why he stopped following Watford and fucked off to Chelsea, the bastard.

Can they actually go into administration though?  Would HMRC not be able to block the move until their hearing is completed on Monday? 

Is this just a ploy by Portsmouth to get HMRC to back off?  Threaten administration where the HMRC know they'll get bugger all to try & for HMRC to negotiate some payment terms with the club.

Monday's meeting has been abandoned.  If Chainrai knew about this law that means a club in administration can't then be wound up, then yes, it is a ploy, as the club will still exist and will be able to fulfil its fixture duties.  As I said though, as SSN stated, the administrators will have to get as much money as they can through the sale of players to try and pay HMRC.

Could well end up with a situation similar to Darlo in that their entire squad is overturned in pre-season and becomes made up of kids and free transfers from non-league.  I need someone with a bit more knowledge on the whole thing, but would the administrators be in a poor position to negotiate transfer fees?  So if clubs put in bids of £1/2m maximum for any of their players, they'd be forced to accept should no-one top that?

What people need to a grip on is that there will still be a team in Portsmouth, it won't just disappear, just because the current Portsmouth Football Club is about to go bust (which I hugely doubt will happen). The smoggies are a prime example of this, they went out of business and a new club was formed that took it's place. Leeds too, went into administration with huge debts, were bought out by the bearded fool of a chairman and now are making a profit. Wimbledon's move to Milton Keys is another example in slightly different circumstances of a club that was not there anymore but AFC Wimbledon was born and are now only a step or two away from football league status.

Football clubs endure, they do not just go away, Portsmouth will be around, most probably not playing Premiership football, but really do their fans deserve that above fans of clubs such as Newcastle, Leeds, Notts Forest, Sheff Utd and West Brom ? They deserve a football club yes and they'll still bloody have one, despite their current plight, what level they'll be playing at is open to debate, but I'd be happy to go on record as saying there will be a Portsmouth in the Championship next year.

A entirely new club being setup with a different name, no history, different ground and not even in league Football will hardly be much solace to Portsmouth fans.

Definitely not, they'd have little chance of coming back up even without a large scale fire sale.