Portsmouth FC in yet more trouble - administration again?

GG

Whilst I don't want to see a club go under, I find it a bit stupid that the Premier League seem to be bending over backwards to help them. Presumably it's just them trying to minimise the bad publicity etc of one of their current members going pop, looking at it very cynically.

Whilst I don't want to see a club go under, I find it a bit stupid that the Premier League seem to be bending over backwards to help them. Presumably it's just them trying to minimise the bad publicity etc of one of their current members going pop, looking at it very cynically.

That's absolutely what it is.  No reason why all clubs shouldn't get their money early if Portsmouth do.

Sounds like Pompey are challenging the 9pt deduction.

From BBC.co.uk

Under Premier League rules, clubs that go into administration are deducted nine points.

If, as anticipated, the League enforce this rule, Pompey would have a total of seven points - a massive 17 points off safety.

However, Andronikou believes the deduction is not necessarily inevitable and hinted he may ask the League to withhold the punishment.

"I understand everyone is taking it for granted we are going to be docked the nine points. It is something I need to broach with the Premier League and then look to start talking about parachute payments," he told Sky Sports News.

"I need that to be confirmed during the course of the week. We need to go through the formal process. I think it's early days to be talking about deducting the nine points.

"It is the rule at the moment but we are the first Premier League club to have gone into administration so let's just test the rule," he added

Can't see how they can challenge that without the other clubs protesting.

Worth a try since every time the Premiership have considered deducting points from a team they've either bottled it or the deduction has been removed.

That's it exactly imo. Once the final ball has been kicked this season they'll wash their hands of them completely and let them go.

Portsmouth will simply become a cautionary tale.

I think Uefa/Fifa must be watching with interest, in particular with this recent news that 50% of Europes football debt in England.  If Pompey were to close tomorrow it would cause mayhem and upset over what happens to the league, points, who gets relegated and who comes up etc.  It could prompt a reaction from Uefa/Fifa so I think it's best avoided.  I always get the feeling Blatter/Platini despise the Premier League and relish taking action in response to a Premiership team going bust.  Of course, I have no real basis for that feeling so it's probably just nonsence.

Surely if they were bending over backwards to help them they'd have accepted their request to sell players before they went into admin.

Surely if they were bending over backwards to help them they'd have accepted their request to sell players before they went into admin.

I thought they requested permission from FIFA to let them?

Edit - they did, but then denied it themselves apparently. Didn't realise that.

I thought they requested permission from FIFA to let them?

Edit - they did, but then denied it themselves apparently. Didn't realise that.

FIFA said yes, the FA and Premier League said no.

Guest johnson293

That means in a space of a year, Portsmouth, Southampton, and Bournmouth could of went under. Also arn't Brighton in a little bit of trouble?

Watch out Plymouth, virtually garunteed that they go down now.

Common denominator.... Harry Redknapp!

We can pray for Spurs turn next!

Yeah also I'm sure Sunderland will soon be in the market for a new manager aswell.  :shifty:

Surely all the fans on the south coast can have a whip around, and save one club, the one with the least debt and let the other go to the wall?  :shifty:

That means in a space of a year, Portsmouth, Southampton, and Bournmouth could of went under. Also arn't Brighton in a little bit of trouble?

Watch out Plymouth, virtually garunteed that they go down now.

Common denominator.... Harry Redknapp!

We can pray for Spurs turn next!

As much as i despise Harry it would be harsh to blame AFCB's problems on him. More his bent mate, Kevin Bond.

Sad to see them go under if they do, thought they'd turned it around after the last cash crisis but appears not. Shame as Eddie Howe is doing a brilliant job down there.

My Sunderland supporting friend is revelling in Pompey's crisis. The reason stemming from the fact the Mackems can't win against them. I s*** you not.

and also if pompey go into liquidatio tomorrow the mackems will only lose 2 points.....west ham would lose 6.

My Sunderland supporting friend is revelling in Pompey's crisis. The reason stemming from the fact the Mackems can't win against them. I s*** you not.

and also if pompey go into liquidatio tomorrow the mackems will only lose 2 points.....west ham would lose 6.

Hence why them sneaky bastards Gold and Sullivan offered to loan them money. Bastards.

This is just a shame. I've enjoyed Portsmouth and was happy for them when they won the FA Cup. It's been a crazy adventure since Redknapp came for his second stint.

In hindsight maybe it would have been better for them to get relegated when Harry kept them up.

Portsmouth are an abomination of a club and in all honesty it's great to see them paying the price for their arrogance. When Keegan was manager here I recall they quite often pinched our transfer targets by offering stupid wages far beyond their means as a poorly supported football club. Even funnier that Harry Redknapp's signings have probably sunk them after the way he fucked us about when he was there.

Portsmouth are an abomination of a club and in all honesty it's great to see them paying the price for their arrogance. When Keegan was manager here I recall they quite often pinched our transfer targets by offering stupid wages far beyond their means as a poorly supported football club. Even funnier that Harry Redknapp's signings have probably sunk them after the way he f***ed us about when he was there.

no doubt everton and spurs could say the same about us re traqnsfer targets and offering stupid wages.

Portsmouth are an abomination of a club and in all honesty it's great to see them paying the price for their arrogance. When Keegan was manager here I recall they quite often pinched our transfer targets by offering stupid wages far beyond their means as a poorly supported football club. Even funnier that Harry Redknapp's signings have probably sunk them after the way he f***ed us about when he was there.

no doubt everton and spurs could say the same about us re traqnsfer targets and offering stupid wages.

Not really as we aren't a historically small club attempting to punch above our weight. We are a historically big club that theoretically should be able to compete with the best in England but due to incompetent management has ended up in the 2nd tier of English football.

Not really as we aren't a historically small club attempting to punch above our weight. We are a historically big club that theoretically should be able to compete with the best in England but due to incompetent management has ended up in the 2nd tier of English football.

we arent an historically big club. until 1993 we were a yo-yo club with very passionate suppost. and since 2004 have been a club on the drop and living on the minor glories of the recent past.