Portsmouth FC in yet more trouble - administration again?

GG

He has a set of groupies as well.

Pikeys tbh.

You're not far off. He's wierd... his groupies are also very odd. A freak show to be sure.

Yeah, I've seen them a few times, probably as many times as the collective group have ever showered.

Couldn't give a fuck what happens to them tbh. They cheated, they fiddled, they got into a mess as a result and now they're on the brink. Tough shit - play by the rules.

:thup: Except I do. There hasn't been a club who deserved to die more. They should have been liquidated earlier in the year, most clubs would have learnt their lesson then but the fact that they still try to cheat by signing players for a promotion push while still in admin and losing 1m a month shows what cunts they are. The funniest thing was them having a go at Genoa over non payments.

Won't happen though. Gaydamak will have to accept.

What happens to Kanu/the rest of their players? Are they released immediately? do they have some form of contract insurance so they collect the money they are owed?

'You're always going on about Nwankwo Kanu, you're never going to meet him.'

How does it give us a better chance of staying up?

Because fewer teams might go down.

How does losing a team in the Championship mean fewer teams would be relegated from the Premier League? The Championship will still promote three and receive three from the Premier League. The Championship will need to have an extra team added to it and it would come from the lower league. It will have no effect on Premier League teams, as far as I can see.

How does losing a team in the Championship mean fewer teams would be relegated from the Premier League? The Championship will still promote three and receive three from the Premier League. The Championship will need to have an extra team added to it and it would come from the lower league. It will have no effect on Premier League teams, as far as I can see.

2 go down from the premier, one extra promoted from each league starting with a conference team.

2 go down from the premier, one extra promoted from each league starting with a conference team.

Then we end up with 21 PL teams.

I have to admit to having a bit of a soft spot for Portsmouth.  They are the sort of team that should be in the prem - teams that (until recently at least) played decent football and had a decent away following.  Instead we have a good few teams of the like of Blackburn, Stoke, Wolves etc who are just basically anti-football teams.  If anyone should go then it should be them!

Couldn't give a f*** what happens to them tbh. They cheated, they fiddled, they got into a mess as a result and now they're on the brink. Tough s*** - play by the rules.

:thup: Except I do. There hasn't been a club who deserved to die more. They should have been liquidated earlier in the year, most clubs would have learnt their lesson then but the fact that they still try to cheat by signing players for a promotion push while still in admin and losing 1m a month shows what c***s they are. The funniest thing was them having a go at Genoa over non payments.

They were allowed to sign players in admin because they didn't have enough players to play.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

2 to get relegated from the Championship, shirley?

:thup:

1 Less from Premiership relegated, 3 up from Championship.

1 Less from Championship relegated, 3 up from League 1

and so on.

Think we investigated the situation before if a team disappears from the league and it is one extra gets promoted from the leagues below.

Can't have only two teams going down as otherwise it wouldn't be fair on the third club that would otherwise go up!

Couldn't give a f*** what happens to them tbh. They cheated, they fiddled, they got into a mess as a result and now they're on the brink. Tough s*** - play by the rules.

:thup: Except I do. There hasn't been a club who deserved to die more. They should have been liquidated earlier in the year, most clubs would have learnt their lesson then but the fact that they still try to cheat by signing players for a promotion push while still in admin and losing 1m a month shows what c***s they are. The funniest thing was them having a go at Genoa over non payments.

They were allowed to sign players in admin because they didn't have enough players to play.

So sign players you can afford from the lower leagues. Not Premier league players on top end championship wages.

2 to get relegated from the Championship, shirley?

:thup:

Nope because that leaves the next league down short. The solution has always been to reward those clubs who played well, rather than those who have had a bad year hence the extra promotion place. Eventually there will be a place at the lowest tier a team down but there would inevitably be a Pompey FC that suddenly wants to join the football league.

While we're touching on this subject - if the Premiership and Championship normally relegate 3, why does League One relegate 4? Always found it a bit weird, because theres still just 24 teams.

I think it is something about the lower divisions being split into North and South sections a couple of decades ago.