FA Cup 4th Round Draw - West Brom (a) if we beat Plymouth

Guest michaelfoster

Guest Brummiemag

Don't care who we get. This competition means fuck all to us.

Speak for yourself

This competition means a lot to me and to plenty of other Newcastle fans, not least the 2,400 who went to Plymouth yesterday

Speak for yourself

This competition means a lot to me and to plenty of other Newcastle fans, not least the 2,400 who went to Plymouth yesterday

:clap:

Promotion is the priority at present but I want us to win every match we play. Anything else is just weird.

Don't care who we get. This competition means f*** all to us.

Speak for yourself

Perhaps I'll rephrase, we don't need this competition this year, if we were in midtable in the Prem I would think differently.

Don't care who we get. This competition means f*** all to us.

How so?

We don't need the distraction, league is priority, we don't have the squad to cope with the injuries we'll obviously pick up.

And next year will probably be exactly the same when we're battling relegation. You could make the excuse to play a weak team every season. Fuck giving up. We arent a nothing club like Bolton or Wigan.

It's not just two extremes. Because some want us to do well in the FA Cup, doesn't mean we're abandoning promotion plans.

Getting back up to the Premier League is priority, but we'd be stupid to ignore a chance to have a decent run in a cup competition.

It's not just two extremes. Because some want us to do well in the FA Cup, doesn't mean we're abandoning promotion plans.

Getting back up to the Premier League is priority, but we'd be stupid to ignore a chance to have a decent run in a cup competition.

Exactly

But what about the flood of injuries you're obviously going to get? Because, I mean, playing in the FA Cup will automatically mean your players with keel over and get injured all over the place. Don't be so ambitious ffs.

We need the brass if nothing else. :undecided:

Bar the final, there are specific weekends set aside for games. It's not like it'd be getting in the way of the league anyway.

If our players can't cope with an extra three or four games, they shouldn't be f***ing professional footballers anyways.

Speak for yourself

Well said. I'm glad Leeds didn't have that attitude, it would be nice to think we would be up for it if we faced one of the big boys rather than tamely accepting defeat and a football lesson.

Guest Stephen927

Bar the final, there are specific weekends set aside for games. It's not like it'd be getting in the way of the league anyway.

If our players can't cope with an extra three or four games, they shouldn't be f***ing professional footballers anyways.

Very good point. They are professional footballers and it should be upto them and the coaches to get them fit enough to cope with the schedule. It isn't as though Leeds have great strength in depth either and they are in a similar position to us.

But what about the flood of injuries you're obviously going to get? Because, I mean, playing in the FA Cup will automatically mean your players with keel over and get injured all over the place. Don't be so ambitious ffs.

We only need one or two tbh.

There's a difference between the league being a priority, and the FA Cup "meaning f*** all".

The latter part is a pathetic attitude to take, imo.

We aren't gonna win the cup, a bit of a Cinderella run would be nice and I'll cheer for us in every game obviously, but I'd get over it pretty quickly if we went through this tie and lost in the 4th or 5th round.

Really? I think you can cope with a few injuries.

Granted, if its Taylor and Colo who go, it'll be problematic. But any game, league or cup, has the danger of injuries. Surely a few more games potentially, won't all of a sudden mean the chance of injury will dramatically shoot up.

Very good point. They are professional footballers and it should be upto them and the coaches to get them fit enough to cope with the schedule. It isn't as though Leeds have great strength in depth either and they are in a similar position to us.

Key word, we have struggled with fitness for fucking years. What is suddenly going to change in the next few months?

There's a difference between the league being a priority, and the FA Cup "meaning f*** all".

We aren't gonna win the cup, a bit of a Cinderella run would be nice and I'll cheer for us in every game obviously, but I'd get over it pretty quickly if we went through this tie and lost in the 4th or 5th round.

Aye, because Man United are going to.

They got beaten by Leeds, silly.

It's the cup. Cringeworthy, but there is some "magic" left. Man Utd out, Liverpool struggled to a replay against a struggling Reading side, we were frankly fortunate to get past Carlisle yesterday... strange things happen.

Granted, if its Taylor and Colo who go, it'll be problematic. But any game, league or cup, has the danger of injuries. Surely a few more games potentially, won't all of a sudden mean the chance of injury will dramatically shoot up.

Every extra game we play will increase the chance of injury even if its a small chance it is still a chance.

If we lost either Ameobi, Nolan, Taylor, Colo, Smith or Enrique for the rest of the season I would be fucking livid and think it would make a massive difference.

Guest Stephen927

Key word, we have struggled with fitness for f***ing years. What is suddenly going to change in the next few months?

That is why I used the word 'should'.

It doesn't matter where it is, a key injury is gutting.

I wouldn't be anymore pissed off if it happened in a Cup game - the 'but if we didn't play, it wouldn't have happened' attitude - it could easily happen in the league game after.

Guest Stephen927

What on earth are we paying these players a kings ransom for to then go and wrap them up in cotton wool? Fair enough if there are 2 games in a week, you might rotate the squad a little bit, but if like FA Cup weekend you don't have a game until the next weekend, why not have a good go?

This whole fitness thing pisses me off - if we are fit enough to maintain a healthy squad of players through 46 games this season then surely it doesn't need to be any bigger for the Premiership although the quality may need to improve substantially throughout. An extra 8 games is required this season that's all - 8 so why all of a sudden because we're in the Championship is the F.A. Cup irrelevant?

It's a chance to end a spell of 55years without a domestic cup and I for one would like to die knowing I've seen my town win a cup.

£20,000+ a week and we're expecting too much to expect them to play 8 games more? They're the fuckers who got us in this mess, them and the fat cunt.

Fitness my arse.

This wasn't personal btw, I just needed a rant.